bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: love?  (Read 20025 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: love?
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2007, 08:49:42 AM »

Hello Diana

You wrote :  But God has been teaching me that NOTHING is really mine, but belongs to Him who gave it.   And God controls it all, so I'm thankful for the blessings and am learning not to worry about the past or the future and who's doing what to whom. 

I have been going through years of training towards this lesson you crystallise. I have everything but nothing! I have blessings but no control over the blessor! ;D He has kept me and blessed me while at the same time He has shown me uncertainty and how HE is  stable in volatility. HE is unchanging and that He  is my anchor that He drags me towards. He  shows me future possibilities that change in a snap teaching me not to attach myself to externals or to establish in my mind that my well being is externally orientated on things but is more productively in Him where my certainty and happiness is founded in the originator and maker of things and designer of my life, author and finisher of my faith.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

hebrewroots98

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2007, 11:43:31 PM »

Guys,
I have a family member whom I went out on a limb FOR HIM and took him in and ended up having to pawn my stuff just to help him to get on his feet from being hooked on drugs for over 25 yrs.!)  (I literally had spent well over 10 grand on him and had helped to save his life on several occassions.  This last summer he calls me on his death bed and asks me to help him; no problem, anything to help family! )  I asked for nothing in return ever.  And yet the ONE TIME THATI had to borrow 50 dollars from him (in order to get caught up on an electric bill) since I was behind on bills DUE TO HELPING HIM OUT!

Well, low and behold, he has written me off since I borrowed that $50.00 from him.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2007, 11:58:29 PM »

I meant to add to my post that  scripture (JOHN 18) that speaks of a person whom was given alot of help from others whom had asked for nothing in return, and then when someone owed a small minute amount to him, (compared to how much he had been given for all of that time..._ well, he had NO mercy and NO forgiveness on the debtor and yet look at all of the mercy that he had been given for so many years!!!

Amazing, truly amazing!!! :-\ :'(

Jennie

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2007, 10:26:08 PM »

It seems that a great deal of this thread shows just how the world works. People get upset over money, things, etc. Please don't take that as a criticism as I am right there too. When my Daddy died he left me with about $80,000.00 worth of medical bills to try to figure out how to get paid.I gave him my word that I would make sure the bills were paid off. Back in my Daddy's wild days, he had a son with another woman. This son has fathered 8 kids of his own with 5 different women, been to prison 3 times and is hooked on meth. He called me up after the funeral demanding his part of his inheritance! I told him he was welcome to his part of getting Daddy's bills paid ... the inheritance was the bills! He told me if I didn't get him some money he would break into my home and steal everything. It's not too Christ-like, but I told him to bring it because I had a 12 gauge with his name on it and that I would blow him straight to___________ without blinking an eye.  Real loving of me, huh!?!

Point being if we could or maybe would conciously put others before ourselves the world would be different. If we were willing to be "Jesus with skin on" I wonder what it would be like ? Now before anybody jumps on me ... I don't mean somebody like my half-bro. who only wanted his drug money. He doesn't even have his kids( thank goodness they don't even know him) !

Redbird

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2007, 01:56:17 AM »

Hey Jennie,

Glad to have you back and I was wondering where you went.

Peace, Lisa

gmik

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2007, 12:28:56 PM »

Jennie I know it isn't funny what you shared, but I sure did get a chuckle when I thought of you w/ a 12 gauge...... ;)

hebrewroots98

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2007, 10:51:43 PM »

Yep Jennie I totally agree with where you were coming from w/ your brother; I have to agree with Gena, it was funny! ;)

I guess though we just won't get to know that great world of putting others first until  we all have received our new spiritual bodies...It will be a great day indeed! 

GODSown1

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2007, 11:36:45 PM »

Hi all
     um! I just wanna say um!, Doesnt GOD say "Do unto others as you would want Done unto yourself"? well sumfing like that n e way lol!
          muchLOVE!! Pera

ps. I Love! dis Forum room fingy lol,!  THANK YOU LORD!

gmik

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2007, 11:55:19 PM »

Hi all
     um! I just wanna say um!, Doesnt GOD say "Do unto others as you would want Done unto yourself"? well sumfing like that n e way lol!
          muchLOVE!! Pera

ps. I Love! dis Forum room fingy lol,!  THANK YOU LORD!

Yes, Pera, thank you for the reminder...we are to do unto others....

GODSown1

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2007, 12:11:13 AM »

Hi all,
       Sumthing else has just cum to me, it could be an Angel! U turn away, Im sure JESUS says sumfing like this doesnt He?.  So Id say itl pay to all! as much as U can, Thanks all muchLOVE!! Pera

GODSown1

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2007, 12:13:59 AM »

opps!! correction lol!!
           it Will Pay to HELP !all others as much as GOD permits U to,  BLESS U alL!!

Jennie

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2007, 12:38:26 PM »

Yeah, we should help but no way will I let someone threaten my family and sit by. I'll take the 12 gauge even though I am little and protect my family's lives. In spite of my size, I am a country girl and we learned early on how to use them!

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2007, 12:43:07 PM »

Jennie,

Amen to that.  Texas is trying to pass a bill where it is legal to use outright force against an intruder at his/her own demise.  This is very good.  It can only be used if the intruder has serious intent to badly injure you or your loved ones.

I did not think I coud be a person to kill, but let someone come after my precious little son, and I can and am able to do so, if I have to.  I pray that I never have to, but I would defend to my last breath my litte one. 

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Kat

« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2007, 01:00:39 PM »

Here is a email from Ray on using self defense,

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1516.0.html -------------------

What do you believe the bible says about personal self
> defense? If you can not answer me now I would like to
> see something on your site in the future. Thank you.

Dear Michael:

The Bible says: "But I say unto you, That ye RESIST NOT EVIL, but whosoever shall smite you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also" (Matt. 5:39).

God be with you,

Ray
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this mean that if we know that He "works all things according to the counsel of His own will,"  Eph 1:11.  So why if we trust God is in full controll of 'all things,' why would we have the need to take matter into 'our' own hands?  Can't we trust God to take care of every situation?

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2007, 01:04:58 PM »

Kat,

Hmmmm.  Thoughtful post, and I am praying to God that he bring me around to this point eventually.  I just get very dang protectice and gung ho when my son is involved, but thanks for sharing me this becuase this is an area I need to work on and just simply trust.  I guess I am still confused about the free will thing, my reading is going very slowly, but that is okay.

Thanks Kat.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2007, 02:21:21 PM »

Thats the agape love flowing.

Human nature was equipped to protect the young.  Its a natural instinct.  But we don't want to stay in the flesh.  So, I would hope that one day I could let someone smite my other cheek.

PKnowler

« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2007, 03:29:24 PM »

One of my first lessons in God's sovereignty is when I was in my early 20's. I found a coin on the ground and on it was inscribed a scripture "No weapon formed against you shall prosper" Isaiah 54:17

I pondered the meaning of it for quite a while. I finally came to the conclusion that it meant nothing could harm me outside the Will of God. I remember talking to my Mom about it and I told her that I believed if someone came after me with a gun that they couldn't harm me outside the Will of God. She thought I was crazy. I know this is the opposite end of the spectrum but this conversation reminded me of that coin.

Gena, I agree with you though. I think it is a natural instinct to protect our family, especially our young but I know that God gives supernatural strength where strength is due and I believe He would guide me beyond my own wisdom in that situation.

Redbird

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2007, 03:55:12 PM »

A BIG AMEN TO THAT PAULA.

Lisa

GODSown1

« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2007, 09:20:01 PM »

Hi all
      hmmm.... Im not gettn this aye, The topic is LOVE!! & yous are talking hurting, killing, maning, etc... I use to be like that as a GANG member     ????  hmm.... Im lost!
 GOD be with uZ! all

GODSown1

« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2007, 09:26:05 PM »

Thanks Kat
             Im not sure of where the scripture is, well its saying, To beat Evil with GOOD
  muchLOVE!! Pera

ps.  one day I Pray I get the Knowledge of Scriptural where abouts lol!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 16 queries.