bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: another question????  (Read 5030 times)

jennie

another question????
« on: April 09, 2006, 07:27:16 PM »

I have a question about divorce. From what I understand there is one Biblical reason for divorce which is infidelity. My parents were divorced for that reason. Now I find myself in the position of giving an answer about divorce to a friend. To my knowledge there has been no infidelity(physical) but there is another person involved . This is a case , i think < of "the grass seeming greener" but unfortunately an innocent child is involved. I am living proof of the damage caused by a split home. All the regulars... low self esteem, unworthy of love, and for a time alcohol abuse. What do I say to someone about this? I don't want to be cruel and I just am at a loss as how to handle this. Any help will be very much appreciated.

sparkyman481

another question????
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 07:35:43 PM »

Hello Jennie,

Have you listened to this?
http://*not-allowed*.com/audio/divorce.mp3

Hope this helps.

rvhill

another question????
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 09:42:32 PM »

Matthew 7:2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Is this ongoing or a one time thing? if it is ongoing well then they have grounds for devoice, but they should think of any children. If it is a one time thing they should forgive, and by forgive I mean forget.

jennie

question
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 11:42:40 PM »

Thanks ya'll for the help. I haven't listened to the link but will do so. This, unfortunately is something that has been on-going. I told my friend that no matter what she should not be disrespectful of the father to the child. I am quite close to the child as she is my god-daughter and she talks to me pretty freely. I just hate that she is going to have to go through something like this. Right now the Dad is just thinking about what he wants which has nothing to do with his little girl and the mom is so destroyed she is focused mainly on herself so this kid is sort of on her own.

Karen

another question????
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 09:43:33 PM »

Divorce is not the answer. But you cant get people to see that. Not the natural way man thinks.  I went through the infidelity thing with my mate. Two times. But I forgave him and we have a better marries today, then we did our first 12 yrs. We have been togethor 41 years and we have three grown children and 7 grandchildren. I stayed by his side. We grew up in all we went through togethor. We humans are not perfect. We are sinners. We have to forgive, like Jesus said to do. I pray she is a Christain lady, who obeys Gods Laws.~Karen~

shibboleth

another question????
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 10:29:00 PM »

My daughter has been married to her husband for about 8 years now. They have been separated for over half of those years. Everytime she tries to divorce him, something comes up and it just hasn't happened yet. Her husband now has a live-in girlfriend who has a baby with him. My 2 grandkids are in the middle of this mess. My daughter is a wonderful Christian and is doing everything to make her children have a stable home. Her husband just can't see how much his actions are hurting everyone. I have forgiven him and hold no grudges against him.
I really think it is hard to give an answer to these kinds of dilemas because of all the circumstances involved. But I pray your frien makes the right decision.

Karen

another question????
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 11:56:23 AM »

I see that this isnt a very good situations. I will pray for this. As for her husband, how cant see his actions. God will deal with this young man. Healing will come for yur daughter and grandkids. Have faith in Christ and keep praying. I can say I am still married. But I can see that all do not make it. God saved my marries. I do not believe in divorce. I have a Aunt who is still married to her husband of 46. She doesnt live with him.Raised two children that was his.But she would not give him freedom. By the law, they are still married.This man moved to another state and is married to another woman. I dont know why I told you that story. I feel that the who thing is crazy. May the Lord lead your daughter to do whats best for her family.

joyful1

another question????
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 12:50:56 PM »

When I read the "Lake of Fire" series....I felt that I had finally found what I had been looking for....someone skilled in handling the truth of God's Word....it was life changing and very refreshing....many of you may have also experienced the same....well....on the divorce issue....if you are ready to stand on your own two feet and answer what the "church" and the "world" says about divorce....I might offer this source to you for a start...
"Divorce..God's Will?" by Stephen Gola  ....his email is info@divorcehope.com I'll let you take it from there, I'm not here to promote his book, but it makes radical sense!  Remember:  God cares more for the people in an institution than the institution itself....He not only gave the wives of his people to other men (I'll quote it below) but He divorced Israel himself! (see also below):

"Therefore will I give their wives unto others, and their fields to them that shall inherit them:..." Jeremiah 8:10 KJV

"And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also." Jeremiah 3:8 KJV

When God joins two sepparate people in marriage... they become one...sometimes, I think that we forget that God still has the right and ability to take the Sword and divide them again; sometimes to save the children (not hurt them) sometimes to save one or both of the individuals....and sometimes to heal them to the point sepperately that they can come together again, as one.  Are we not, indeed, being taken out of "the harlot" ourselves right now?  And for what purpose? So that we can be joined in marriage to Christ? Like all the other "evil" and "hard" things that God uses to chasten us and purify us...sometimes divorce is necessary!
One last point....it was the bill of divorcement that posed the problem in the New Testament....not the actual divorce itself.  Let me know what you think. joyful1[/i]

joyful1

another question????
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 01:04:53 PM »

Just two more verses to consider:
"Thus saith the LORD, Where is the bill of your mother’s divorcement, whom I have put away?" Isaiah 50:1 KJV

"Now therefore make confession unto the LORD God of your fathers, and do his pleasure: and separate yourselves from the people of the land, and from the strange wives." Eza 10:11 KJV
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.