bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: do demons manifest physically in people today?  (Read 36024 times)

hebrewroots98

Re: do demons manifest physically in people today?
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2007, 12:24:21 AM »

Jackie Lee,

I truly like classic rock music (70's), and I like nearly every other kind of music, I used to think that I could never get used to country music, but I actually learned to like it!   (BTW, DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU PLAY COUNTRY MUSIC BACKWARDS?....  YOU GET YOUR WIFE BACK, THE DOGS RIBS AREN'T BROKEN FROM KICKING HIM, AND YOU ARE SOBER....) Now truely I can't get into that "gangsta rap" ...gangster rap crap ;) but, I don't like getting carried away in my flesh and that is what I tend to do...enjoy it too much when some of the lyrics aren't thinking on good things as the Word tells us to do; infact, sometimes it sends me back in time where I would eally not benefit from being there most of the times.  ;) Plus, the older I get the more time I need to have relaxing thoughts going through my head since there is too much stimulation out there on a daily basis to have to process. :o :o

Anyway, I do prefer to be called Susan.  When I was a little girl my parents called me Suzy (and dad still does), But, the name Sue reminds me of my rebellious years and how my family resorted at that time to take half of my name away by calling me Sue; which to me was only giving me half of the respect that was due to me...to this day, not one family member except for my DH calls me by my whole name of Susan, even after I have asked them to!  Habits are hard to break,  ;)

longhorn

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 12:43:51 AM »

I think i just came in contacct with a demon............ never mind... it was just some gas..  Kinda bad though

Longhorn

Jackie Lee

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2007, 03:10:07 AM »

Jackie Lee,

I truly like classic rock music (70's), and I like nearly every other kind of music, I used to think that I could never get used to country music, but I actually learned to like it!   (BTW, DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU PLAY COUNTRY MUSIC BACKWARDS?....  YOU GET YOUR WIFE BACK, THE DOGS RIBS AREN'T BROKEN FROM KICKING HIM, AND YOU ARE SOBER....) Now truely I can't get into that "gangsta rap" ...gangster rap crap ;) but, I don't like getting carried away in my flesh and that is what I tend to do...enjoy it too much when some of the lyrics aren't thinking on good things as the Word tells us to do; infact, sometimes it sends me back in time where I would eally not benefit from being there most of the times.  ;) Plus, the older I get the more time I need to have relaxing thoughts going through my head since there is too much stimulation out there on a daily basis to have to process. :o :o

Anyway, I do prefer to be called Susan.  When I was a little girl my parents called me Suzy (and dad still does), But, the name Sue reminds me of my rebellious years and how my family resorted at that time to take half of my name away by calling me Sue; which to me was only giving me half of the respect that was due to me...to this day, not one family member except for my DH calls me by my whole name of Susan, even after I have asked them to!  Habits are hard to break,  ;)
Susan sounds as if you and I like much of the same music.
I just don't like hip hop or rap I can't figure it out to be honest..Lol
I sometimes when having an insominiac evening listen to classic 70's or 80's all night very peaceful. ;)

little rock

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2007, 06:37:17 AM »

i think i should be able to answer this one rather well.I saw and spoke with a demon about 14mths ago also heard music backwards saying various satanic messages.This scared me out of my wits and i immediatly felt something was wrong kept looking in the mirror into my eyes as felt there was something inside me that wasn't me.that night i never slept but felt very wierd and fearful the next night i never slept and that morning i got up and knew something was wrong my mind was invaded by evil images and thoughts I felt really sad .I called out To God in my heart as I felt he was the only one who could help me.4 days latter i was still not right I never ate for those days and my windows of normality were few and far between.my thoughts were constantly out of control.i was eventually admitted into a mental institution where i got worse ,the doctors wanted me to take meds but i thought they were trying to kill me .I was chanting my name and saying i was going to "hell".(think i was already there!)anyway  they came in with a bible and i screamed at them"JESUS CHRIST"they all left the room and came back with a BIG needle it took 3 men and one woman to hold me down as they stuck it in my bum.I woke up to a voice calling my name,no one in the room?I also woke up praising God and have been walking by his Grace daily since.I believe I was' demon possed' if you like, I meet 2 of my nurses after my conversion at church some time latter and they see it all the time they said they were praying for me and that i was talking real crazy,so I guess only God really knows.any way now i have no fear of satan only God who works all things for good to those who love him to those who are the called according to his purpose.Praise God for his mercy endures forever!amen

longhorn

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2007, 10:33:33 AM »

I would say "Hello Honey" how was your day?

Longhorn

PKnowler

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2007, 12:58:56 PM »

I think i just came in contacct with a demon............ never mind... it was just some gas..  Kinda bad though
Longhorn

Oh Longhorn you're a riot!  :D I love your antics! You always make me chuckle. Thanks!

Here’s a smiley just for you!

And then:
I would say "Hello Honey" how was your day?
Longhorn

You're very Funny!

Bless you!
~Paula

hebrewroots98

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2007, 01:08:54 PM »

Hey Longhorn, are we gonna have to send you to the corner for time out?? ;) ::)

Littlerock, Did you get my country music Joke about when you play country music forward, you loose everything; but when you play country music BACKwards, you gain  BACK everything that you had lost. ;)  It sounds like you had a heck of a time with that demon possession situation...I am surprised that hearing rock and roll played backwards did it to you thoug.  thank God all wa worked out!

Cute embarassed smiely face that is blowing hot air Paula! 

PKnowler

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2007, 01:46:20 PM »

Yeah Susan I got your joke. It was very funny! :D :D I’ve never heard that one before!

On a serious note I believe that people can be possessed and obsessed with demons. I've seen a person that was demonically possessed before.

Little Rock I am sorry to her about your experience but Praise God He brought you through for His Glory! We all have to walk through the valley of the shadow of death but it is different for different people. Praise God He brings us through!

I have heard and sung too much garbage under the title "praise and worship".   :P.....all carnality, sensuality and emotionalism of the flesh with words that carry little honour......like "WE give you glory WE give You prasie".....GIVE ME A BREAK!....WHO in their right spiritual mind can give our Lord ANYTHING of VALUE...WHO?  NOT ME THAT IS FOR SURE.....On HIM I depend for EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD HOLY AND WORTHY OF PRAISE....not on some top of the charts hit worship song!!!! Sorry...Paul Will may be very good or not of this category but I have no inclination right now to go and find out....silence for me right now is golden! :D
Arctrurus :)

I’m going to have to disagree with you on this Arcturus.
I think praise and worship music can be a powerful vehicle to elevate our hearts in worship. I don't listen to it enough!
When I do it lifts my heart in worship and many times I weep when in His presence. I also think it is important to that WE
give the Lord praise and Glory!

It is true that there is nothing good or spiritual in ourselves and we know that in Him we live and move and have our being. The Lord is our Life! He commands our praise and worship, that is not a carnal thing. It comes from Him and His Spirit working in us!

I looked up a few verses concerning OUR praising and worshiping God.

Ps 29:2
Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness.
Ps 95:6
Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker;
Ps 96:9
Worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness; tremble before him, all the earth.
Ps 99:5
Exalt the Lord our God and worship at his footstool; he is holy.
Ps 100:2
Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.
Lu 4:8
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.'"
Joh 4:24
God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."
De 32:3
I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh, praise the greatness of our God!
1Ch 29:13
Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.
Ps 18:46
The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God my Savior!
Ps 40:3
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.
Ps 18:46
The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God my Savior!
Ps 43:4
Then will I go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight. I will praise you with the harp, O God, my God.
Ps 44:8
In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise your name forever. Selah
Ps 47:7
For God is the King of all the earth; sing to him a psalm of praise.
Ps 59:17
O my Strength, I sing praise to you; you, O God, are my fortress, my loving God.
Ps 66:8
Praise our God, O peoples, let the sound of his praise be heard;
Ps 67:3
May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you.
Ps 68:19
Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. Selah
Ps 68:26
Praise God in the great congregation; praise the Lord in the assembly of Israel.
Ps 68:32
Sing to God, O kingdoms of the earth, sing praise to the Lord, Selah
Ps 69:30
I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.
Ps 71:22
I will praise you with the harp for your faithfulness, O my God; I will sing praise to you with the lyre, O Holy One of Israel.
Ps 75:9
As for me, I will declare this forever; I will sing praise to the God of Jacob.
Ps 86:12
I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.
Ps 104:33
I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
Ps 106:47
Save us, O Lord our God, and gather us from the nations, that we may give thanks to your holy name and glory in your praise.
Ps 106:48
Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Let all the people say, "Amen!"
Ps 109:1
O God, whom I praise, do not remain silent,
Ps 145:1
I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever.

Bless you!
~Paula

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2007, 03:25:41 PM »

Hello Paula

I see Mystery Babylon applicable to  Isa 29 : 13 And the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near Me with their mouth and honor Me with their lips but remove their hearts and minds far from Me, and their fear and reverence for Me are a commandment of men that is learned by repetition without any thought as to their meaning. 

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

PS  We know that Jesus always went alone to pray. He is the example not the OT Psalms that were also authored by either Asaph or one of his descendents, a Levite in charge of worship music and the descendants of Korah an OT priest.....

« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 03:33:16 PM by Arcturus »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2007, 03:44:19 PM »

Paula

i thought it appropriate to add that my view is not in contradiction with the word of God that also directs us through Paul to say that Eph 5 : 19 Speak out to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, offering praise with voices and instruments and making melody with all your heart to the Lord.

I merely show where I am right now in my walk that is not in opposition with anyone. I am experiencing having come out of Mystery Babylon and alone with Christ is where I am right now rightly or wrongly.

Peace to you

longhorn

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2007, 04:01:34 PM »

Everytime Arcturus post ...... I learn something.

Longhorn

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2007, 04:09:49 PM »

Bless you Longhorn...me too... ;)

YellowStone

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2007, 04:14:19 PM »

Arcturus I want to just comment on something you wrote: :)

I have heard and sung too much garbage under the title "praise and worship".
[/b][/i]

Please understand that the words mean nothing to God; he is not interested in how eloquently they are spoken, and neither is worried if they are spoken in some broken tounge by someone has no real concept of what they are saying.

We must never forget, that the words only covey the message, while the heart conveys the intent. God reads hearts, and please know that if you were singing "praise and worship" with a loving and faithful heart, this is all God cared about and he would find your words sincere.

The following Scripture may help you understand what I am trying to say :)

Mar 12:41 ¶ And Jesus sat over against the treasury, and beheld how the people cast money into the treasury: and many that were rich cast in much.

Mar 12:42  And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.

Mar 12:43  And he called [unto him] his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:

Mar 12:44  For all [they] did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, [even] all her living.

It is the words (love, honor and faith) from the heart that God listens too, the words from the mouth are for the world. :)

I pray that you will not take offense to this post.

Your brother in Christ,
Darren

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2007, 04:28:37 PM »

Of course Darren

It is our motives,  thoughts, words and deeds that will be weighed and measured.

Rev 20 : 13...and their cases determined by what they had done ACCORDING TO THEIR MOTIVES, AIMS AND WORKS.

Rev 20 : 12.......and the dead were judged, sentenced by what they had done, their whole way of feeling and acting, their AIMS AND ENDEAVORS....

Dan 10 : 12...Fear not, Daniel, for from the first day that you SET YOUR MIND AND HEART TO UNDERSTAND and to humble yourself before your God.....

This is the aim and endeavors acceptable to the Lord....that we set our minds and hearts to UNDERSTAND HIM.

Peace to you

YellowStone

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2007, 04:44:02 PM »

Great Arcturus  :)

So I guess that means, those songs of  "praise and worship" were not garbage from your heart and neither from your mouth.

God gives us so much latitude, unlike the church; where if you often dress incorrectly, don't "offer" enough, then you are either shunned or asked to leave. They could care less about the motives of your heart. :(

But they are not difficult to see :) For Paul (I think) forewarned us of them

Act 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock

Love to you,
Your brother in Christ,
Darren

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2007, 05:04:17 PM »

I appreciate what you seem ( to me)  to be driving at Darren but sad to say, when I was in Babylon, I was a die hard true Babylonian!

...I can see where you are coming from ( I think, I hope )  but where you are coming from is not not where I came from. I was truly Babylonian, hook line and sinker! I was a leader!....so much dung!...you know...so much dung!

....my Lord took the stones out of my heart and is continuing to do so....as for now, my process is to keep still and learn to know He is God. So now I am going to keep quiet :D

Peace to you

longhorn

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2007, 06:38:21 PM »

i think i should be able to answer this one rather well.I saw and spoke with a demon about 14mths ago also heard music backwards saying various satanic messages.This scared me out of my wits and i immediatly felt something was wrong kept looking in the mirror into my eyes as felt there was something inside me that wasn't me.that night i never slept but felt very wierd and fearful the next night i never slept and that morning i got up and knew something was wrong my mind was invaded by evil images and thoughts I felt really sad .I called out To God in my heart as I felt he was the only one who could help me.4 days latter i was still not right I never ate for those days and my windows of normality were few and far between.my thoughts were constantly out of control.i was eventually admitted into a mental institution where i got worse ,the doctors wanted me to take meds but i thought they were trying to kill me .I was chanting my name and saying i was going to "hell".(think i was already there!)anyway  they came in with a bible and i screamed at them"JESUS CHRIST"they all left the room and came back with a BIG needle it took 3 men and one woman to hold me down as they stuck it in my bum.I woke up to a voice calling my name,no one in the room?I also woke up praising God and have been walking by his Grace daily since.I believe I was' demon possed' if you like, I meet 2 of my nurses after my conversion at church some time latter and they see it all the time they said they were praying for me and that i was talking real crazy,so I guess only God really knows.any way now i have no fear of satan only God who works all things for good to those who love him to those who are the called according to his purpose.Praise God for his mercy endures forever!amen

I tried LSD about 25 yrs ago, but it sounds like you found some very good mushrooms.

YellowStone

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2007, 06:48:47 PM »

I appreciate what you seem ( to me)  to be driving at Darren but sad to say, when I was in Babylon, I was a die hard true Babylonian!

...I can see where you are coming from ( I think, I hope )  but where you are coming from is not not where I came from. I was truly Babylonian, hook line and sinker! I was a leader!....so much dung!...you know...so much dung!

....my Lord took the stones out of my heart and is continuing to do so....as for now, my process is to keep still and learn to know He is God. So now I am going to keep quiet :D

Peace to you

:)   :)   :)    :)    :)    :)  Well then Arcturus, I can only say that the transformation has been miraculous !!!

Thank you for sharing, for I now see why you posted those words. Oh, you do know that being quiet is one thing, but keeping your thoughts and fears from God is another! :)

I cannot begin to tell you how much weight has been lifted from my shoulders, just by knowing that I am in God and he is in me. I used to like being in control of my circumstances, not necessarily a control freak, but someone who always knew, when, where, why who and how about everyuthing. Not anymore, for now that God is "totally" (me not trying to hijack) in control, I have discovered just how wonderful, loving and majestic our God and Father truly is. He is awesome! :)

Praise to you Arcturus, for you have come far in your walk with God. :)

Love to you in Christ,
Your brother,
Darren

longhorn

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2007, 07:20:52 PM »

I can sing and dance... but very little.  Somewhere in Iraq a 18 yr old soldier is about to have his or her head blown off..  Lets lighten up folks.

Longhorn

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2007, 07:49:19 PM »

And in Iraq some Iraqi son, daughter, mother or father will be killed too.
God makes  the sun shine  and rain fall everywhere.

(Mat 5:45)  That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

We are all His children

We are blessed to be shown the truths of god, He knows are heart and hears our praise

Walk in the Spirit
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.