bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: do demons manifest physically in people today?  (Read 35990 times)

PKnowler

Re: do demons manifest physically in people today?
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2007, 08:11:28 PM »

I can sing and dance... but very little.  Somewhere in Iraq a 18 yr old soldier is about to have his or her head blown off..  Lets lighten up folks.

Longhorn

Huh?  ???

iris

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2007, 08:21:11 PM »

I can sing and dance... but very little. Somewhere in Iraq a 18 yr old soldier is about to have his or her head blown off.. Lets lighten up folks.

Longhorn

I pray that it isn't one of my nephews.  :'(

Iris

gmik

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2007, 04:44:37 PM »

I can sing and dance... but very little.  Somewhere in Iraq a 18 yr old soldier is about to have his or her head blown off..  Lets lighten up folks.

Longhorn

I get it!

If I am not listening to Ray on the way to/from work, then I listen to praise tapes.  The aqua WOW Worship and OpenMy Eyes Lord CD are awesome.  Now, of course I pick & choose.  This one reminds me of Arcturus:

Its the song of the redeemed/Rising from the African plain
       Its the song of the forgiven/Drowning out the Amazon rain
       The song of Asian believers/Filled w/ Gods Holy Fire
        Its every tribe, every tongue, every nation/ A LOVE SONG BORN OF A GREATFUL CHOIR!!!

Its all of Gods children singing Glory glory hallelujah  HE REIGNS  HE REIGNS
                                                                                  ....The Newsboys,  Sparrow Records

I got in the house last nite singing that at the top of my lungs!!!  My hubby stops painting a door and got into the mood too.   He was getting frustrated and shouldve had music on.

That I can do.   The last few months at church, while they were "praising" I was standing there bored and in no mood to "praise Him".

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2007, 05:02:27 PM »

Gena

What a blessing! thank you..... 8) 8)

you've made my day ;D

Peace to you

Arcturus! ;D

PKnowler

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2007, 05:20:07 PM »

[
Longhorn

Longhorn, Gena or someone,

I don't get it!  Gena You got it?  ??? Can you explain to me what people getting their head blown off in Iraq has to do with praising the Lord?

Thanks, Paula
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 05:21:48 PM by PKnowler »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2007, 06:58:16 PM »

Paula,
What I got from Longhorns' post was that when he comes to this forum, he doesn't enjoy  the so called 'problems' that we at this forum are having (like disagreeing about lovely things like  dancing/music/praise/worship) when you compare the REAL problems that are going on in the world (like our soldiers who are loosing their lives to fight in a real war for our freedom).  So Longhorn asks us to chill out with one another on this forum about our spiritual different view points and to see the REAL PROBLEMS (like what is going on with our dying soldiers.)  OI hope that helped, and I hope that I have interpreted Longhorn correctly. ;)

what say you, Longhorn?   

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2007, 07:30:40 PM »

Susan,

Most of the threads I have been keeping track of seem to be filled with much of an air of gloom.  I am not sure if I am reading this correctly, but I just think this is an off time for the forum so to speak.  Perhaps, we need more humor or something that is off the wall.  I am not sure, things have taken a serious note, that is why I have not done much posting, but just sitting back and observing.

Perhaps, Longhorn is referring to this or maybe not, this needed to be addressed.

I am wondering where all the joy and the well the spirit of contentment went, I sense a great deal of restlessness, perhaps we are all feeling that we need spring break very badly.  I am sure in time, that the forum will once again come out of this off period.  It is normal.

We are just on the down side of the wave right now.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2007, 07:51:35 PM »

Anne,
Life is that way...ups and downs.  I just take life one moment at a time and let the Holy Spirit guide what I do in one day.  I personally tend to be on the serious side of life consistantly; but, I am learnign to lighten up too.  Yes, the weather does have alot to do with our moods; and at the end of Wintertime, yes, people are wanting to fly open the Winter door that has been shut for too long and run to the outdoors into the sunshine and to where new life is just beginning to bud again; where greenery is about to come back into existance again.  ( I know that I tend to get cabin fever toward the end of Winter.)  Thank God that the sun is shining today!  Yesterday it was literally BROWN OUTSIDE ALL DAY LONG; AND MISERABLE WITH DANGEROUSLY HIGH BLOWING WINDS.  No one wants to go outside when it is like that!

I was up until about 3am with Daniel this am. He caught the stomache flu virus and has not eaten a thing now in 24 hrs; only clear liquids (and a zinc tablet)!  I was up stripping his bed clothes and having to wash and dru them as well as scrub the toilet at 2am last night from him being sick; so maybe my mood is gloomy today b/c I didn't get much rest last night.  (You and your family were sick this last week Anne, so maybe that puts a certains negative light on how we view life sometimes)   ???

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D(that's the best I can do for right now) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   

Jackie Lee

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2007, 10:25:02 PM »

[
Longhorn

Longhorn, Gena or someone,

I don't get it!  Gena You got it?  ??? Can you explain to me what people getting their head blown off in Iraq has to do with praising the Lord?

Thanks, Paula
Right praise God, We can't stop what is going on in the world like wars and famines, but we can praise God knowing he will work it all out in his time.

iris

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2007, 11:51:38 PM »

Right praise God, We can't stop what is going on in the world like wars and famines, but we can praise God knowing he will work it all out in his time.

Yes, Jackie Lee, your right about that.

Iris

PKnowler

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2007, 11:22:44 AM »

Thanks Gena and Susan,

I must be dense.  ::)

But it seems this thread has come full cycle. Which is what I was saying WE SHOULD PRAISE THE LORD, with music or without, and that is not a work of the flesh it comes from the spirit.

Arcturus, after reviewing the thread I see I missed a post of yours. So I may have misunderstood.

Paula
i thought it appropriate to add that my view is not in contradiction with the word of God that also directs us through Paul to say that Eph 5 : 19 Speak out to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, offering praise with voices and instruments and making melody with all your heart to the Lord.

I merely show where I am right now in my walk that is not in opposition with anyone. I am experiencing having come out of Mystery Babylon and alone with Christ is where I am right now rightly or wrongly.

Peace to you
Arcturus :)

It is good to be silent too.  :)

Blessings!
~Paula

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2007, 12:27:33 PM »

Susan,

Thanks for responding to my post.  I am so sorry that Daniel is sick.  My prayers are with the little guy.  Have fun running the errands and pass on my love to you son and your husband.

Sickness always puts a damper on things, perhaps I have seen in the forum in this light.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

chav

« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2007, 05:45:22 PM »

Judging by some of the crazy emails that Ray gets one can only conclude this to be the case. Religious spirits are probably the worst

Dave UK

hebrewroots98

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2007, 11:10:56 AM »

AMEN TO THAT DAVE!!  I live in the buckle part of the bible belt in this country...and it is a trial everyday out here!

chav

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2007, 02:02:27 PM »

Yea I've heard about that buckle . It's not heaven on earth then ?

We don't have any bible belts or buckles here in the UK , but the place is full of religion just like every where else I suppose

Dave UK

hebrewroots98

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2007, 10:24:10 PM »

Weel, Dave, unfortunately the 'RELIGIOUS/LEGALISTIC' SPIRIT IS MORE PREVELANT HERE IN THIS AREA OF THE USA SINCE THERE ARE MORE 'CHURCHES' (PER CAPITA) IN THIS AREA COMPARED TO OTHER AREAS INTHE COUNTRY. ::)

beverley

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2007, 12:36:14 PM »

Hi Arcturus,
You said quote "I have heard and sung too much garbage under the title "praise and worship".[/color][/i]  I too have done that when i was in the church....I now do not sing any of their songs...since my eyes were opened, i see that i was singing to another Jesus.......it was all fleshly......I actually can not stand the songs the churches sing anymore.....its such a lie...they sing to a jesus who only saves them...they sing to a god who burns most of His creation in hell.....they sing to a false god.....I thank God everyday for opening my eyes to the truth, for the truth really does set you free.....thanks God.....Beverley    Canada :) :)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2007, 02:07:28 PM »

Hello Beverly

Thank you for sharing that you too ate the husks of the pig pen just like I did! And that you too know exactly what husks taste like!... :P

We can be glad the banquet we have here to share in fellowship  comforts for our souls as we learn more of HIS ways thoughts and plans as we savour the delicious truths set before us in Bible Truths and all the wonderful work Ray has done to bring us closer to the truth and to God.

Here is a thought David wrote...I think it fits with those who follow Ray's teachings.........

Psalms 23 : 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies............

Peace to you

Arcturus  :)

hebrewroots98

« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2007, 03:17:42 PM »

Yes maam, a hearty appetite for the most divine feast anywhere.  (when I am not fetsting I am chewing on the meat of HIS truths, kind of like chewing on a beef jerkey stick for days :P :P ;D)  It is truly the meat and not the milk anymore!  Praise God. 

Great point Beverly; so true that it is a dif god and a dif jesus that the denominations are singing to isn't it?  I too have not felt comfortable in singing along with those prompted songs either! :-\

PKnowler

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2007, 07:57:49 PM »

Longhorn plug your ears. I do not wish to offend.

I must be strange ladies because I view things differently.

Please, if you will allow me to explain myself I will try to do so humbly.

I got a glimpse of God as a child in the Adventist Church and started loving Him then. I finally realized that I needed to accept Jesus Christ as my Savior when I was 14 years old.

The Jesus that I knew and loved as an Adventist was not a false Jesus. I have just gotten a greater revelation of who HE is!

2 Corinthians 3:15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. 16 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

As an Adventist, I was under the Law so I had a veil over my eyes so I could not clearly see the Lord.

There have been many turns in my journey of faith as I've studied and worshiped with the Baptist, Mennonite, Vineyard, Assembly of God, and Messianic Jews, but it has always been the same Jesus!

My heart has soared in worship and praise as I sang with each group of believers. It didn't matter if it was contemporary worship or classic hymns. I believe praising God with song transports us to a higher realm. One day all creation will sing. Rev 5:13

Worship and praise music is the one thing that can connect those who believe in Jesus Christ and him crucified.
(Christians don't sing songs glorifying Hell and damnation of souls for eternity.)

I still weep when I hear songs of worship and praise. Even older worship songs from long ago are powerful to me. Worship music has helped me overcome some of the most difficult times in my life. The night my husband passed away I spent all night listening to and singing songs of praise. I sought refuge and comfort in the presence of God in worship. I believe worshiping helps us rise above ourselves and our problems to glorify God.

Is that carnality and emotionalism of the flesh? I don't believe so! I'm not saying there is no sensationalism in people or praise music but I wouldn't throw out the baby with the bath water either or discount the power of worship. The Lord inhabits our praise.

The difference is most people don't believe what they are singing! If they did they would know that Jesus is our redeemer and sovereign in all things.

So the difference for me now is- those songs are more powerful!

From the Cd I was listening to this morning.

Jude Doxology
Randy & Terry Butler

And now all glory to Him who alone is God,
Who saves us through his Son Jesus Christ, our Lord
For He is able to keep us from falling away,
He brings us into his presence with love and joy
All power, authority, all splendor and majesty
Are his from the beginning and evermore and evermore

I could give more examples of lyrics but you get the idea. So whether we choose to worship with praise music or not I don't believe we should create a prejudice and judgment against it. We have far greater liberty as we walk in truth.

We all see Him in the glass but dimly. As we come closer we see Him more clearly but He has not yet been fully revealed, for when He has -we shall be like Him. So it is not us/them mentality for we are all on this journey, or that we have attained, rather it is a progression in truth as the blinders are coming off and we long for the day when He will be fully revealed. Christ in us, the Hope of Glory!

1 John 3:2
    Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

1 Corinthians 13:12
For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

2 Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 05:24:16 AM by PKnowler »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.