bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: do demons manifest physically in people today?  (Read 36498 times)

YellowStone

Re: do demons manifest physically in people today?
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2007, 01:20:54 PM »

Gena and Lisa, isn't our God and Father truly amazing. :) As you said Lisa, he IS worthy of our praise!

Gena, you wrote: I agree w/ Ray, tho, worshipping Him in Spirit and Truth is Obedience to the Word.  Praising in the flesh is easier.  Obeying is harder.  But sometimes its the praising that gets me to obey.

I could not agree more. :) It is not man's nature to Praise anyone but oneself, but when one begins to Praise God for all that is, was and will be; then one cannot help but be transformed. The old is wiped away and the new spiritual mindset begins to grow. Like you said, it is the praising that helps you obey, because it is the physical praising of our God, that lifts our hearts and opens our spirit to him. :)

Psa 86:12 I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore.

Praising God is like a warm blanket on a cold night; his warmth and love engulfs you :)

2Cr 1:3 Blessed [be] God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

Amen :)

Your brother in Christ,
Darren

gmik

« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2007, 09:57:24 PM »

WoooooHoooooo

This just keeps getting better.

....like a warm blanket......Oh I LOVE that visual!!!!

After reading Sandie's poem about our "Fathers" letter to us, who wouldn't want to praise Him w/ your whole heart???

Our God is an Awesome GOD  He reigns from Heaven above w/ wisdom, power, and love

OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD........
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 09:58:18 PM by gmik »

YellowStone

« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2007, 10:17:34 PM »

Gena, :) :)

Oh how wonderful it is to see "why" it is we REJOICE!

Praise be to God for thinking of everything!!

:)

Love to you in Christ,
Your brother,
Darren

hebrewroots98

« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2007, 03:01:28 AM »

Dear all,

I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you on here, I haven't forgotten about you; it has been meat and I had much contemplation to do.  I am not offended at anyone for what all is being said in this thread b/c we all are at different places in our walk with Him; and I just hope that I have been forgiven if I have said something out of not being able to get my points across on the prasie and worship topic like I had meant to.

I praise God in my own way and all that I know is that I praise God by privately and publically acknowledging all that HE is and has done and will do in my life; and not so much via songs, although songs are not totally gone from my heart and tongue.  When I said that the denominations had a diff Jesus and God, I was simply trying to make the same point that (like Bev had stated: ...the christians are hypocritical in how they PRAISE our Jesus, but then they lie about our God ...as though He who would send us to hell forever; thus, I just don't like the hell songs...that is what I failed at getting across, I'm sorry for that!

Also, I am not saying that I never have listened and enjoyed certain christian song artists, b/c I have; God/the Holy Spirit works through lots of dif people to bring me closer to HIM.  I am saying that TO ME I now find it more necessary to praise and worship Him with my obedient lifestyle.  And yet there are rare times that I need to hear something uplifting, and then that helps me to refocus on Him;

( Darren, I DO NOT think that God is more pleased with me since I choose to not praise Him by physically singing as much as I try to do in the obedient lifestyle way; I did not mean to come across that way!)  You are correct, and I do not discount the fact that God has used those songs of the past to get me where I am today.  I just want to make sure that my P & w is acceptable to HIM and that I don't allow myself to get more into my flesh than into living the obedient life.  I personally don't want the music as much as others do is all that I was trying to say.  Your'e scriptures of praise were mostly from the OT and to me HE is asking in the NT for our worship to be dif than the physical singing that went on in the OT; he wants the SPIRIT of our praises to be more important than the physical praise singing. 

its' late again, so good -nite

YellowStone

« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2007, 09:28:53 AM »

Good morning Susan :)

You wrote:

( Darren, I DO NOT think that God is more pleased with me since I choose to not praise Him by physically singing as much as I try to do in the obedient lifestyle way; I did not mean to come across that way!)  You are correct, and I do not discount the fact that God has used those songs of the past to get me where I am today.  I just want to make sure that my P & w is acceptable to HIM and that I don't allow myself to get more into my flesh than into living the obedient life.  I personally don't want the music as much as others do is all that I was trying to say.  Your'e scriptures of praise were mostly from the OT and to me HE is asking in the NT for our worship to be dif than the physical singing that went on in the OT; he wants the SPIRIT of our praises to be more important than the physical praise singing.  

Susan, are we not instructed to sing likewise with the spirit?

1Cr 14:15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

Is not being Happy and Joyful in the arms of our Lord and Savior reason enogh to be happay? Let us Sing and be glad of heart.

Jam 5:13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.

Our Worship should never become so rigid that we loose sight of the God's  message. I do not believe that this is a time of silence and political correctness as many would have us believe. :)

1Pe 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

You are right, we should never put music in Front of God, but we should never shelve music, singing, rejoicing because of God either.

Just my two cents worth....God had you sing and enjoy singing for a reason..... :)

Love to You Sister Susane,

Your Brother,
Darren
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 09:46:12 AM by YellowStone »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2007, 09:37:34 AM »

To All,

I choose to withdraw from this thread, it is making my heart  heavy.  I am a musician and of course my opionion would be tainted.  Darren, thanks for quoting the NT passages.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Redbird

« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2007, 11:15:24 AM »

Hi everyone,

I like all kinds of music myself and singing also.  I have sung in a Catholic church, where it was more like funeral music than anything else, in a Baptist church where it was just so-so to me, a small Methodist church, where I truly felt the Lord's presence, a huge Non-denomination church, that was more like a rock concert....My point being, different experiences for different people.  And maybe some still hold a grudge against churches they have come out of - once they have been enlightened.  So, maybe it's not the music itself, but the experience that is hard to let go of.

Rev. 5:9  And they sung A NEW SONG, saying thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof:  for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; 10 And has made us unto our God kings and priests:  and we shall reign on the earth.

Rev. 14:3  And they sung as it were A NEW SONG before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders:  and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

Peace to you, Lisa
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 05:58:10 PM by Redbird »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2007, 01:15:10 PM »

OK guys,
Obviously I am not getting my point across here ,so this will be the last post about music on this thread for me; I feel that I am being misunderstood by soem here; at last God understands that music is fie with me.   I've said too much already.  No offense has been taken and I hope that I have not offended any of you! :)   

YellowStone

« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2007, 02:26:54 PM »

Anne and Susan,

Each of us is walking alone with God. Some silently and some with music and song.

I will not condemn anyone for their walk; each is doing what they fill is best. My only intent was to show that Scriptures do not contradict, nor lose their point, regardless of which part of the Scriptures they were written.

You have not offended me in any way dear Susan, just as I hope and pray I have not offended you. :)

Love to you both in Christ,
Darren

hebrewroots98

« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2007, 03:52:09 PM »

Darren,
You did not offend me...
Love and Blessings and Shalom in Him,

Susan

cindydgc

« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2007, 05:06:28 AM »

Isn't Matt.12: 43-45 a parable?  Didn't Jesus teach in parables?

Cindy

hebrewroots98

« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2007, 12:32:01 PM »

Cindy,
Yes, Matt. 12:43-45 is a parable.  It is a WARNING that returning to a past bondage from which you were once delivered results in deeper bondage. :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 17 queries.