bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this guy crazy?  (Read 11153 times)

Bev

Re: Is this guy crazy?
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2007, 12:57:54 PM »

I believe to make something controversal is one of the enemies biggest strategies. The more something made controversal by media (TV, NEWSPAPER, ORGANIZED RELIGION) the better it will spread. This is not doctrine, but just my opinion though. The more hilarious, the more it'll sink in and be on your mind. I'm not teaching, but if you get a chance read Philippians 4:8.

Moderators, please let me know if I'm out of line. I'm trying my best not to come off like I'm trying to teach. I don't know anything, THE WORD just helps me put things in perspective. Please let me know if I'm getting close to that line again. 

IN CHRIST,

Bev

hebrewroots98

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2007, 12:05:41 AM »

Hi Deb and all,
I agree with you totallyabout it being a waste of time to get into all of this new world order stuff (ha, I was into it) and 'christian end times series' stuff as (which I have never read any b/c I would not buy into their manipulations for money for one thing.) 

I have to share with you all the following; my dear cousin in another city (who is a sold out Christian (for now), 'name it and claim it', Benny Hinn believer type still; well, she had sweetly sent my little boy a an authentic Israeli prayer shawl (a 'talit') that she got from the Benny Hinn ministries; well, ever since she did this, Daniel (8 yo mind you) keeps getting 'GIVE ME' MAIL (as I call it) from this ministry.  I mean often too!  I called them awhile back and spent over 30 minutes on the phone (waiting on hold, all the while listening to this repetative same song (at least 15 times or so), and I finally got someone who said that they would take him off of their mailing list (which is a pet peeve of mine to be sent junk mail), anyhoo, they assured me that this would be the last of sending me anything.  Needless to say, I keep getting more mail, so I called again to cancel Daniel from getting anymore (and same thing happened...30 minutes; same song; 'i'll take you off the mailing list', etc...)  I said all of that to say that I actually had a good response when I (politely) told the guy on the other end of the phone that he had better be careful in supporting such a greedy individual who is doing all of this in the name of the LORD, b/c he will have to give an account for supporting one who does this kind of evangelism for money (I told him that freely we recieved good things from God, and freely we should give to others...not selling this stuff...I directed him to BT/LOF and I will let you know if he respondes to the truth ...he sure sounded as if he were convicted ;)...I just cannot stand it when you tell them no more and they keep on... ;) ::)

gmik

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2007, 12:14:24 AM »

I believe to make something controversal is one of the enemies biggest strategies. The more something made controversal by media (TV, NEWSPAPER, ORGANIZED RELIGION) the better it will spread. This is not doctrine, but just my opinion though. The more hilarious, the more it'll sink in and be on your mind. I'm not teaching, but if you get a chance read Philippians 4:8.

Moderators, please let me know if I'm out of line. I'm trying my best not to come off like I'm trying to teach. I don't know anything, THE WORD just helps me put things in perspective. Please let me know if I'm getting close to that line again. 

IN CHRIST,

Bev

You are so sweet and humble!

I too agree w/ your point about making something controversial will sell better.

LittleBear

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2007, 11:28:18 AM »

Hi Susan,

It's unbelievable what you had to go through just to get your little boy off a mailing list that you didn't want to be on in the first place! I have to shake my head in wonder.
I haven't supported any ministries for many years but they must have gotten even more sophisticated in their money getting techniques now than they were back then.
I remember the hysterical pleas underlined in blue, ending in several exclamation points to emphasize imminent catastrophe that would occur if I didn't send money. It was too much!

About your comments on end time's stuff, I have to, with a red face, admit I used to LOVE that stuff. I would go out to my local Christian book store about once every year or two and buy a book on the imminent end times. I used to love how the author would integrate world events and prophecies in the bible. It was like reading a horror novel! My heart would pound with fearful wonder and I would read on in horrified fascination about all these big disasters that were just around the corner. Then I would go on with my humdrum little life, doing all the little things I like to do, just going on. I wonder about those authors now though. Aren't they embarrassed to face their families and friends now that their predictions have failed? I mean if your entire book was about how Gorbachov is the antichrist, and he's obviously not, how do you go on!? ;D

I love the way you write.

Ursula

gmik

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2007, 11:49:10 AM »

Good Sunday Morning to All.

My husband was saved directly from reading The Late Great Planet Earth by Hal Lindsey.  It literally scaird him so much that he said the "sinners prayer" on the page that Hal told you to. He totally changed overnight!!!
So for years we were very much into all that stuff.  The 88 reasons God is coming back in 1988 really took us in!!!

Someone has since threw that in our face as to our new fixation w/ Ray. They said we were always kinda wierd "Christians"- remember 88 reasons????  I couldn't believe they would say that.  Oh well, we were always "out there" looking for Truth and we always had the Word as very very important.  So yeah, we were always different from the average. Thank God.

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2007, 01:07:04 PM »

To All,

Kinda sounds like the crazy 99 or however many thesis were nailed to the church wall. 

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hillsbororiver

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2007, 01:10:45 PM »

They said we were always kinda wierd "Christians"- remember 88 reasons????  I couldn't believe they would say that.

Hi Gena,

You and your husband should thank them for the compliment!
  ;)

Exo 19:5  Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

Deu 14:2  For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.

Deu 26:18  And the LORD hath avouched thee this day to be his peculiar people, as he hath promised thee, and that thou shouldest keep all his commandments;

Tit 2:14  Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

1Pe 2:9  But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:

His Peace to you,

Joe

Sorin

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2007, 02:25:09 PM »

Yes he's crazy and I don't think he's very smart as he said he had found the remains of Jesus.

What I would like to know is how?

If we read Mark 16:6 it says, "And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is RISEN; he is NOT HERE: BEHOLD the PLACE WHERE THEY LAID HIM. Also Luke 24:3, And they entered in, and found NOT the BODY of JESUS.

So, pray tell, how did they find his remains.

???
Suzie

Hi Suzie,

Well obviously he is saying that the bible, and the people who wrote the original manuscripts are lying. Tha'ts the whole point, he is saying that Jesus did not rise, and therefore they found his remains. Athiests refer to it as the "buy-bull".  That is clever, I must say. But that also means that, quoting the bible to refute them is less than useless. The only thing you can do to prove them wrong is to prove that is not the same Jesus.

Peace,
Sorin
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 02:34:22 PM by Sorin »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2007, 03:42:13 PM »

Joe, thankyiu so much for those scriptures...they fit PERFECTLY (duh, as if they wouldn't ;) ???) for what I am facing right now! 

and all, thank you for all of your input here, (and I mus confess that my memory had failed me b/c I DID get into eschatology (end time studies) by going to all of the PROPHECY CLUB meetings way back then) :-\  They always had alot to talk about end times for sure!

ALL OF YOU, PLEASE READ WHAT I AM GOING TO POST RIGHT NOW ON THE 'HOMESCHOOL HELL PLAY', I want to hear your thoughts on this ;)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.