bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: appetite  (Read 20097 times)

jennie

appetite
« on: February 26, 2007, 02:14:08 PM »

Ya'll know how much I like to cook but what you don't know is that I get full just from the smells and all so it is difficult for me to eat a regular size meal. Now, my request is this... God give me more of an appetite and the ability to eat before March 12. I have a physical then and don't want to hear the doc. complain over my weight. I am 5'3" and weigh on a good day 100 lbs. I guess I am supposed to weigh more but everyone in my family is small and it is hard to put the punds on. My best friend who struggles with her weight on the opposite end of the weight issue says that most would wish to have the super high metabolism and all. I understand that but it is just as hard on my end to gain a pound as it is to lose a pound for others. If I can just gain 5 lbs. that would help so I ask ya'll to pray. I know som,e may laugh at my request but it is serious to me. I have a grown daughter who is taller and bigger than me and I have to buy my clothes in the children's department! It's ridiculous ! But ...that's me! Jennie

gmik

Re: appetite
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 02:19:06 PM »

Prayers for you!

I hate going to the dr. for the opposite reason-he'll complain about my weight all right.

iris

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 03:25:17 PM »

Jennie, you will be in my prayers.

Iris

DWIGHT

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 03:25:47 PM »

Jennie,

I gained five pounds just reading your Super Bowl menu! ;D ;D.  Just kidding, because it's you, I'll pray for you.

Dwight

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 03:29:13 PM »

Jennie,

You will be in my prayers.  I have been sick the last 2 days and not eaten much and the only thing that I want is pizza, chocholate, and Dr. Pepper.  <rolls eyes>  But, I am stuck on chicken noodle soup and cheese toast.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

YellowStone

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 05:21:20 PM »

Well you are certainly in my prayers Jennie, as are you too Anne (I hope you begin to feel better soon)

Jennie, you have no idea the regimen I have begun to lose the 20lbs that I can't get rid of :(

I still haven't worked out why God mad calories taste so GOOD!  ;D

Love to you both in Christ,
Darren

gmik

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 05:25:24 PM »

I know!!!!  Why don't I crave  BROCCOLI???????

rick

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 08:32:26 PM »

I am convinced the secret to weight loss is water. I currently drink 12 glasses a day and have lost 54 pounds in the past 12 months. I am not tooting my own horn but I am pleased that I have surprised even myself. my wife is on water also and has lost 25 pounds. pass the H2O please.........

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 08:44:53 PM »

Rick,

Now that is impressive.  And the hot glass of hot cocoa works.  It has knocked some pain off of the migraine, and some is so much better than none.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

rick

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 08:53:43 PM »

I figure if I stay on water, purty soon I will be so skinny I will have to run around in the shower just to get wet!!!! Ya think?????

gmik

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 11:38:01 PM »

HA!!

Well, I might try that.  All water diet- only food allowed is chocolate.  Works for me!

YellowStone

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 12:20:44 AM »

Hey Everyone! :)

My wife is diabetic and she was always told to drink lot's of water. She would literally drink 2 gallons a day, because her skin would be dry and she would just crave it.

Last time she was in the hospital (almost two years ago) the docs told her that she was drowning herself, they told her that driking so much water without consuming it in one form or another was doing her more harm than good.

They also dismissed the notion that diabectics NEED more water than anyone else. Well needless to say, she is drinking on a fraction of what she was and her health has improved a lot. I am in no way indicating that the excessive amounts of water were the blame for her sickness; instead I am saying that it did not help. :)

Rick, I am so glad that you are losing weight by drinking water. I gave up sada's and ice tea for the natural stuff too :)

Love to all.
Darren

PKnowler

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 01:30:00 AM »

Hey Rick,

Thanks for sharing your weight loss secret. I'll have to try that. Run around in the shower just to get wet.... that's funny!  :D
Yeah Darren I think 2 gallons would be too much. I have also read about the dangers of drinking too much water- though I don't exactly remember what the dangers were. I don't think 12 glasses would be harmful. I think it would be beneficial.

I'm sorry for your problem Jennie. Though I don't understand it. I would just offer you a milk shake or 2.  ;)

I wish I could smell food and get full then I wouldn't have to drink all the water!  :D

Bless ya'll!  :)
~Paula

jennie

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 12:05:07 PM »

One of my biggest problems is that I crave all the things that don't put pounds on. I love plain tuna(no bread), raw carots, broccoli, apples and I eat a half of a head of iceburg lettuce like you would eat an apple. I don't like salad dressings, mayonnaise, not much butter , etc. I eat dry baked potatoes and dry salads and adore water. Between now and May 12 I will be drinking 5 milkshakes a day with 5 small meals. That has helped before. We'll see if it helps this time. The doc. has told me before that if I am under 110 I will have to go to hospital so they can put some pounds on me. I did eat 3 cinnabons with frosting this morning and drank a soda. I wanted a glass of juice but I pushed past that craving and did the other. I know it sounds crazy. My best friend is the only one that really understands the situation but she has been there seeing me try to gain for 28 years now as I have seen her trying to lose. She says that it is as hard for me to gain 1 pound as if is for her to lose 10. I think it's just how I'm made. I was 105 when I got pregnant, 125 the day my daughter was born and 108 by the morning after she was born. By the time she was 1 month old I was 95 lbs. Oh well, I'll keep trying.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2007, 12:22:44 PM »

Jennie, I will pray for your health.  You are considered anorixic (not b/c you don't eat enough food, but only b/c you have a super fast metabloism.)  Your are doing excellent in eating the right things, keep up the good work there.  Have you had your thyroid checked lately?  You sound like you have HYPERthyroidism.  Also, check with a natural health store and theycan direct you into some natural and healthy ways to gain weight.!

I too used to be anorexic at 126 lbs on a nearly 6 ft frame, but then I had HYPOthyroidism (and surgury to remove part of my thyroid) which caused me to loose nearly all metabolism (that causes one to burn calories) and then being (nuked) in the war tookleft me with not much of my thyroid functioning...thus, overwieght!  So please pray for me too, The poor taste of the water in W. Texas has caused me over the years to not llike water...I have to make myself drink it.  I have become addicted to Dr. Peppers..(thanks DH ::)), so pray for me to be able to give those up too, as I have a lot of work to do.

longhorn

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 01:25:20 PM »

If Jennie could have prepared the "Last Supper" there would have been 12 very satisfied disciples laying around rubbing their bellies and burpping and pooting. 

Longhorn

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2007, 01:58:50 PM »

Longhorn,

Hopefully there was a bible equivalent of tums and stuff like that.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

iris

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 02:09:34 PM »

They probably used herbs and such back then.

:)

Iris

jennie

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2007, 04:06:11 PM »

Nah... I like Longhorn's picture of the disciples sitting around burping and pooting!

iris

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 04:19:46 PM »

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 20 queries.