bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus and the tomb  (Read 23187 times)

jennie

Jesus and the tomb
« on: February 26, 2007, 02:18:50 PM »

Listening to the news in Georgia and just heard that Jesus remains were found(?), Mary Magdalene was found in tomb nest to Him and they had a child!!!! Who would have ever "thunk" it??? Jennie

gmik

Re: Jesus and the tomb
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 02:20:07 PM »

Good Grief!!

Someone probably just saw Elvis too!!!

iris

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 02:34:12 PM »

The last I heard, on the news, Elvis was spotted somewhere in Michigan!!!

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Iris

Pax Vobiscum

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 02:37:29 PM »

I wondered how long it would take for this to make the forum.  Let's read the news together and keep it factual...

There were tombs found (a long time ago, I might add) of people named Jesus; his mother Mary; his wife, Marianne; and their son, Judah.  No other claims are made.  These names are the most common names at the time.  Remains were often moved -- so an empty tomb is no big deal.

No remains were found, however some DNA-containing material was sent off for analysis.

This is not a Titanic news story!

Peace

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 02:48:01 PM »

<am thouroughly confused, but pleasantly bemused, and extraodrinarily amused>

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

jennie

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 02:57:15 PM »

I think Elvis is moving next door to us. We'll probably sit on the front porch at night, eat peanut butter sandwiches and sing!

Falconn003

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 03:29:54 PM »

good grief......very good grief for them.

from cradel, to the cross; to the grave; unto tortillas, broken windows, tree bark and even the trees themselves,, now back to the grave.

GO FIGURE ! the lost sheep don't see the SPIRIT of JESUS within themselves even.

Rodger

P.s.  Dennis = side bruns, leather jacket, Harley rider, = Elvis       ;D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 03:31:34 PM by Falconn003 »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 03:31:58 PM »

Jennie,

Just make sure it is not Great Value or Peter Pan peanut butter with the begginning numbers of 2111.  They have beennationally recalled off of shelves.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

longhorn

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 04:02:29 PM »

I think I Just saw Elvis Leaving Lula's, Im going after that no good....... get back to yall later,  dangit I just stepped on a doughnut.

Longhorn

iris

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 04:24:57 PM »

Longhorn...  

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 04:43:33 PM »

Longhorn,

You are such a trip.  Your posts make my days so much better. My husband read your last post and he says "It's great to have friends like those".  You are doing good if you can get anything from him LOL, especailly when he has been sick.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

rick

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 07:38:40 PM »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 07:49:54 PM »

Rick,

Thanks for posting that link.  From what I can see of it, no one is taking this seriously, except James Cameron.  I think it is a little off way for him becuase in all the films that I have seen him shoot of documentaries he has remained true.  This is interesting, I am actually going to watch this when it air or get someone to record it for me.

It is funny, I do not know why people are obseesed with finding Jesus's bones.  I have found his heart and his arms and walk with him every day in my life.  I would settle for this, then some old dusty bones.   :) <starts to sing Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus>

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

rick

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 08:26:56 PM »

dont you think the press and science would love to discredit what we believe about Jesus. the sriptures say He was resurrected and that is all I need to believe it. they can say what they want but it does not change a thing. God never changes!!!!!

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 08:47:57 PM »

Rick,

Amen to that last post. 

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2007, 11:51:10 PM »

Hey Pax good to hear from ya!!!!

Elvis last seen leaving Michigan on way to Lula's in Lubbock!!!!!!!

By the way, what is Camerons deal w/ all of this anyway??

Pax Vobiscum

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 11:54:48 PM »

I have been thinking a lot about this today.  Again, it reminds me that the awesome power of belief in humans is the strongest force in the universe (aside from compound interest says Einstein).

For example, the Shoud of Turin has largely been dismissed as the burial cloth of Jesus; yet many, many people still believe that Jesus' body was once wrapped in it despite the overwhelming evidence.

So this James Cameron story (which is quite ridiculous) begs the question:  What would it take for me to believe the claim that someone has found Jesus' bones?  That essentially the resurrection did not occur as recorded in religious history.  Could there ever be enough evidence to change this belief of mine?

There was an intriguing movie a few years back with that very plot (to find Jesus' remains).   As I recall, the plot was interesting, the movie was not.

If God's perfect plan can withstand the scrutiny of humans, then what would it take for you to question your beliefs about the resurrection?

Film at Eleven...

Peace

gmik

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 12:03:45 AM »

Aren't there many churches in Italy, France etc that got famous for having "relics" from Jesus and the disciples???  One church claims to have the foreskin of Jesus!!!

Pax, right before I found Ray's site and for awhile afterwards, I was shaken in my beliefs to the core!!  Up was down, right was wrong, etc.  What I had held onto all my life was being questioned & trampled.  I was questioning the validity of the bible even.  I didn't know what to believe.  For some reason, I kept reading Ray, and checking EVERYTHING on E sword.  I bought the Concordant Version.  Went to many other UR websites.  All that has passed and I am at peace.  I don't think bones or no bones will bother me. (Well, Lord Willing! ;)

longhorn

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2007, 10:43:35 AM »

James Cameron.... Is he the little punk that was in that t.v. series full house or some boring piece of crap like that.  Iv'e always had the impression that he really enjoyed hanging out with the guys.... if you get my drift.

Longhorn

Redbird

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 10:51:00 AM »

Longhorn,   

You're just tooo funny!  I think the boy you are thinking of was on Growing Pains???  And the one from the Left Behind movies.

Lisa
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.