bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus and the tomb  (Read 22902 times)

iris

Re: Jesus and the tomb
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 11:17:22 AM »

James Cameron is a Hollywood film director. Kirk Cameron was the kid on Growing Pains, the show that was on TV in the late 80's.
James Cameron was the director of Titanic.

Iris

Redbird

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2007, 11:42:04 AM »

Thanks Iris,

I was wondering why the Titanic was being mentioned, now I know!  Your flowers just keep getting prettier.

Lisa
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 11:42:47 AM by Redbird »

jennie

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2007, 11:53:36 AM »

sounds like Cameron is just seeing "bling,bling$$$$$". I always say the best things are in Georgia but that peanut butter was made here! It is a conspiracy to discredit our fair state!!!

hebrewroots98

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2007, 11:58:47 AM »

Great Post!  
I cannot be persuaded to disbelieve in my Lord and Saviours' RESURRECTION due to some old bones being found which claims to be those of Jesus!  The Holy Spirit has been my teacher for so long  and HE has convicted me of HIS TRUTHS (step by step) thus far; which the results are different than when erring man teaches me spiritual things.  The results of the Holy spirit teaching me of Gods' truths always comes with the peace that passes all understanding as well as a joy that lasts, and an assurance that no doubt can creep in and confuse me on.  No amount of human reasoning on this issue (of finding HIS remains) can cause me to look back from what MY SPIRITUAL COUNSELOR has laboured so hard to instil within my heart, mind and spirit about the RESURRECTION OF CHRIST. (Here again, satan sticks his ugly head up just to make millions off of the doubters...unfortunately it is working :( :()
<sings..HE AROSE, HE AROSE, HALLELUEA CHRIST AROSE..">

...the foreskin of Yeshua?  UNBELIEVABLE ::)!

...hey wait a minute...Elvis is on isr way here, to Lubbock?? ???...I'll  have to redirect Elvis to my DH's ex-wife (she lives here in Lubbock... SHE LOVES ELVIS; she literally dressed up as him/collar and all one Halloween, plus she named the youngest daughters' middle name after his name...AAron ???.) .....  I will just tell Elvis that Lula had to go...and that she took the fastest horseout of town just to get back with her favorite cowboy....Longhorn ;D ;D    (yee haa)
...cute pix Gena!!! :D

longhorn

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2007, 12:33:14 PM »

James Cameron  .....Kirk Cameron... No Diffrence...... They are both a couple of those things you see when you open a can of Vienna sausages..

Longhorn

hebrewroots98

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2007, 12:45:43 PM »

....HELLO... :-X :-X :-X :-X

longhorn

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2007, 12:53:41 PM »

That was just my own  opinion, and not those of the forum. 

Longhorn

Give me a break, it's a slow day.

longhorn

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2007, 01:01:16 PM »

Pax Vobiscum.... How do you do that blue writing stuff.  I always enjoy reading your post.   If I had your literary skills... oh well.. back to reality.

Longhorn

Pax Vobiscum

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2007, 01:44:11 PM »

I.. uh...  change the color to BLUE.

Thanks for the nod.

Peace[/size][/font]

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2007, 01:57:49 PM »

<sticks head in and starts to sing>

Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones
  Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones,
  Dem, bones, dem bones, dem dry bones, Hear the Word of the Lord.

<pauses singing>

I cannot believe how desprarate people will believe a lie rather than the Truth.  What they do not know behind their door is guess what the Truth, becuase every knee will bow and every tongue will confess.

<continues singing while exiting>

The head bone connected to the neck bone

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

andrevan

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2007, 06:58:28 AM »

Hi All

Pax mentioned the Shroud of Turin. It is my understanding from the Scriptures that Jesus' body was actually wrapped in strips of cloth, with many spices, so people looking for a (or dating an existing) single sheet of linen are barking up the wrong tree.  ;D

God be with you all.

Andrevan.

gmik

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2007, 12:26:44 PM »

I was just rereading this entire thread.   These long threads do take turns...I had completely forgotten what the title of this thread was!!! ;D

Andrevan, glad to read you posting again!!!

hebrewroots98

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2007, 11:47:20 PM »

Your a nut Anne...but I wouldn't have you any other way ;D

Sorin

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2007, 02:10:46 PM »

If Jesus' body was found then you might as well burn your bibles, especially the NT, for it would be less than useless. I think that's what they're trying to accomplish here, deny the resurrection, therefore, Jesus would have just been a normal human being that's still rotting in his grave and therefore by claiming to be 'The Son of God' also a liar, and a deciver and responsible for deceiving so many people and ruining millions upon millions of lives who were negatively affected by the The Whore [Christendom] for naught. Believed in vain, sacrificed their lives in vain, were beheaded, fed to the lions in vain. I think you get the point, so yes, if Jesus' body was found, then the 'Holy Scriptures' would be just as worthless as The Quran and The Torah, etc...

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2007, 02:35:25 PM »

Matt 16 : 13 Whome do men say that I the Son of mam am?....15. But whome say ye that I am?

From e-mails to Ray.
 Jesus' Body?
« on: Yesterday at 04:09:11 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm confused about Jesus' resurrection body.  Was it a glorified body or the same one He had?  And what happened to it when He went to heaven?  Thank you for your time!

Dear Reader:

Jesus was resurrected with a SPIRITUAL body (I Cor. 15:44-50). For the benefit of those with physical eyes only, Jesus appeared numerous times in human form.

First He appeared as a Gardener (John 20:15).

Second He appeared as Himself (Matt. 28:9).

Third He appeared "in another form" His Own disciples did not know (Mark 16:12).

Fourth, fifth, and sixth,  He appeared to His eleven apostles in a mountain (Matt. 28:16), through solid walls (John 20:19), and eight days later He appeared to Thomas (Matt. 20:27), with His Crucified body.

It matter not in the slightest what happened to His physical crucified body. The Scriptures do not tell us what happened to it.

God be with you,

Ray

on the shore and they could only surmise that it was Jesus

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2007, 02:36:30 PM »

if Jesus' body was found, then the 'Holy Scriptures' would be just as worthless as The Quran and The Torah, etc...

Why?  It would just be Jesus' dead bones.  He was dead, He died, his earthly body died.  Then the Father raised him in a new spiritual body. I don't think Christ was raised in his earthly body.  I personally believe that God took or hid Jesus' earthly body, much like he did Moses to keep silly men from worshipping the dead bones.  But even if Jesus' bones were found, what would that prove?

And how would anyone ever prove that any bones belonged to Jesus anyway.

For me even if they could prove that any bones belonged to Jesus, it wouldn't bother me one bit.

Now, if a race of space aliens landed and said we were planted billions of years ago by them, my faith might be a little shaken up ;) ;D

Blessings

Craig

Sorin

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2007, 02:57:46 PM »

I looked at it as, if they found His body, then that would prove He didn't Rise From The Dead and if He didn't rise, then vain is thy faith.

1Cr 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

1Cr 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then [is] our preaching vain, and your faith [is] also vain.

Also, Jesus didn't leave His body in the tomb,

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2007, 03:25:48 PM »

But he was risen, in a spiritual body, what does his earthly body have to do with anything?

He was seen many times in a spiritual body, not his eartly body.

Will we die and be risen in our eartlhy bodies?

No we won't and Jesus wasn't either.

Craig

Sorin

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2007, 03:40:07 PM »

But he was risen, in a spiritual body, what does his earthly body have to do with anything?

He was seen many times in a spiritual body, not his eartly body.

Will we die and be risen in our eartlhy bodies?

No we won't and Jesus wasn't either.

Craig

Mar 16:6      And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him.

So obviously, if they find his body in the tomb, then the NT writers lied, when they wrote "he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him [it's supposed to be empty].

So if it;s not empty, then houston we have a problem. What happened to his earthly body then? I always looked at it like Jesus' earthly body was transformed into a spiritual body, that's why it wasn't there.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2007, 03:55:00 PM »

Will some of us be raised to a physical body again as was Lazarus and others who Jesus restored to life?

Will perhaps the many and the lost be raised to physical life to continue life on earth as Christ and His Elect rule and straighten out things through the LOF WTJ?

Any thoughts?....answers....???

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.