bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Couple of questions?  (Read 4474 times)

orion77

Couple of questions?
« on: April 10, 2006, 12:01:15 AM »

Hell

Free will

Rapture

Trinity

Looking for Antichrist

Physical Jerusalem

Manmade temples

Sinners prayer

The literal word of God

These are just a few of the false doctrines being taught by the majority.  All of these at times make me wonder about the "Second coming of Christ".  They teach it as a physical coming, yet was not the baptism of the Holy Spirit the second coming to each of us?  I know, way out on a limb here, but just trying to start a conversation.

Also, the thousand year reign, is this to be a literal thousand years or is it spiritually symbolic of something else?  Just curious to see what your thoughts might be on these two subjects.  Any input would be appreciated.

God bless,

Gary

ertsky

Couple of questions?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 02:13:47 AM »

regarding the Lord's return these two verses leapt readily to mind

Act 1:10  And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
Act 1:11  Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

and of course

1Th 4:16  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1Th 4:18  Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

the thousand year reign i don't seem to have much light on though

except maybe

2Ti 2:12  If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

1Co 15:25  For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

f

oh and i liked the list of Babylons twisties :)

rvhill

Couple of questions?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 03:23:20 AM »

It has to happen, the world will end soon. Within the life time of some reading this. Man technological power is just growing at to great a rate. The human race can't handle it. We as a race are just to carnal. I don't think the world will last a hundred years. It might but will it last 200 years no. If left unchecked the beast will destroy humanity, and the beast is humanity.

Yes some reading this could easily live more then 200 years. That just how fast and powerful human technology is growing. At the rate we are going all diseases even aging will be over come. Once this point is reach the human life span simple become an exercise in statical analyzes. How long can some go before having a fatal accident, or being killed.  The answer is 1000 to 1500 years. Some will live shorter live then that and others would live much longer.

jennie

return
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 10:14:37 AM »

I have never really understood this subject of the millenium, the second coming and all. My husband got on this track when we first started to church. It just about drove me crazy! He read all this stuff by Hal Lindsey. I don't know this man but some of the stuff in the books was scary! I finally told my husband to please not tell me anymore about it. If he wanted to read it  that was fine but I didn't want to haear aboiut it! I told him I figured God knows everything and He knows how it will go down and I just have to trust that He knows my heart and will take care of me. Thank goodness he finally got off that track and got rid of all those books. God has changed the both of us so much through the years. What goes on outside is so little when you compare it to what is going on inside of all of us through God's hand. He will take care of us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.