bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lesson from God,  (Read 11759 times)

gmik

Re: Lesson from God,
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2007, 04:17:31 PM »

G

Here are some scriptures that can help. i am sure that our Lord wants you to follow these guide lines or He would not have said the following to us women. Some of these are hard to follow but it is a way to beat the flesh of our own convictions that would make us stand outside the boundary of what is our proper place as daughters of God and wives to our husbands.

Col 3 : 18 Wives, be subject (reflexively to obey: to be under obedience: obey; ) to your husbands, subordinate and adapt yourselves to them, as is right and fitting and your proper duty in the Lord.

1 Peter 3 : 1 In like manner, you married women, be submissive to your won husbands, subordinate yourselves as being secondary to and dependent on them, and adapt yourselves to them, so that even if any do not obey the Word of God, they maybe won over not by discussion but by the godly lives of their wives.2 When they observe the pure and modest way in which you conduct yourselves, together with your reverence for your husband; you are to feel for him all that reverence includes; to respect, defer to, revere him - to honor, esteem, appreciate, prize, and in the human sense, to adore him, that is, to admire, praise and be devoted to, deeply love, and enjoy your husband. 3. Let not yours be the mere3ly external adorning with elaborate interweaving and knotting of the hair, the wearing of jewellery or changes of clothes. 4. But let it be the inward adorning and beauty of the hidden person of the heart, with incorruptible and unfading charm of a gentle and peaceful spirit, which is not anxious or wrought up but is very precious in the sight of God. 5. Fore it was thus that the pious women of old who hoped in God were accustomed to beautify themselves and were submissive to their husbands; adapting themselves to them as themselves secondary and dependent upon them.  6. It was thus that Sarah obeyed Abraham, following his guidance and acknowledging his headship over her by calling him lore, master, leader, authority. And you are now her true daughters if you do right and let nothing terrify you, not giving way to hysterical fears or letting anxie3ties unnerve you.

G, these scriptures have helped and blessed me and continue to do so as they guide me into acknowledging that the Lord is my provider and He will give to me as He sees fit and He will direct me through my husband. I believe being married to men is in a way a preparation for us to be the bride of Christ. We have many hurdles to overcome and many fears and anxieties as is understood and acknowledged by God telling us not to be anxious or fearful because He knows that this is what we women have to master and overcome through faith in Christ as we realize that He knows us and He sees what is going on in our marriages and with our husbands.  If I go against my husband in preparation to be married to my King, what have I learnt? We have to walk by faith and it is not easy.

Peace to you daughter of God

Arcturus :)

Thank you.  Point taken.  Good scripture to ponder.  More than anything I want to be in preparation for the Wedding Supper of the Lamb!!!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2007, 04:55:54 PM »

I am happy you see it that way Gena.

May He bless and reward you! Take comfort. He is preparing you! I can see that He is or you would not have been caused to recieve His word in submission. You would have rejected and hated His word but you don't!

I know of many many women who refuse this difficult word from God. They prefer to follow the ways of the world of equality and womans rights or womans liberation that is heresy to the core when held up against what God desires and shows to be His ways for us. Jezebel personifies many modern day women of our generation.

It is very simple but very difficult for us many times because our husbands are not Christ but we are being trained against the rough and imperfect in our husbands that polishes us up to become the soft and  pure faith of Christ. God knows what He is doing and we have to yield to His ways and come out of the worlds ways, laws and rewards, temptations and carnal agreements.

Like you too Gena, I also want to keep my eyes on Christ and finish my race and I too carry a cross.Iit will be with joy and a prayer I can  remember you anytime of my day or night now and with gratitude recall that a sister is bearing her cross daily with Christ, because of HIM and for HIM and that He is drawing you nearer to HIM.

....they who do the will of God are the family of Christ....so too have you made yourself known G.

Peace to you

PKnowler

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2007, 06:03:08 PM »

How does God teach you?
I mean in everyday life. What in your mind has changed from learning the truth from Rays gift of revelation  from the bible.

One thing I'm glad about is that God will save everyone that has ever been alive.
I see a side of truth I've never thought of before.
What a blessing. ;D
Thanks Ray.  ;D  8) ;D
In Christ,
Randy

My thinking has changed since learning the truths from Ray's writings and God's word by not being so prejudice against people for one. I come from a SDA background and was taught that it was the true church and that everyone else was lost. I viewed people who ate pork as heathens and Sunday worshipers as pagans. (It's the way I was brought up :-[.)

I now view people with love and acceptance even those you are not walking with God because I know one day they will and for whatever reason God has not drawn them yet. It is not about free will and people deciding to follow God. That kind of thinking sets up a prejudice as well. Like I was smart enough to choose God. Ha! There is nothing within anyone of us to choose God. The carnal mind is enmity against God. While we were dead in our trespasses and sins Christ died for us! How can a dead person choose anything? It's all so simple now. I don't know why people can't see it! Oh yeah God hasn't opened their eyes yet.

Coming from an SDA background I never believed Hell lasted forever but that the wicked would suffer merited punishment and then be annihilated. Now it is so awesome to read and believe the scriptures that the Lord's mercy endures forever! He never gives up! Because love never fails! 1 Co 13:8 Who or what can separate us from the Love of God? Can we do so by not choosing Him? I think not! He has chosen us! John 15:16
    You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last.

Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I could go on but these are some awesome things I have learned since stumbling onto Ray's site.

Blessings!  :)
~Paula

« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 06:08:23 PM by PKnowler »

YellowStone

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2007, 06:14:38 PM »

It's all so simple now.

Paula, my dear sister, you have absolutely nailed it with these five words. :)

It is man who complicates things, man and his desire for grandeur, egged on all the while by Satan!

Faith and Love in our Lord and Saviour allows him (Christ) to dwell within our hearts and all we have to do is let him have full control.

Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

Sometimes letting go is very, very difficult and is not easy; however, once he has lessened ones tenacious grip and we give all control to him, it is easy! :) And it gets easier everyday, providing we never try to regain control.

Great Post, sorry I picked just so five words. :)

Love in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 07:01:26 PM by YellowStone »

PKnowler

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2007, 06:52:39 PM »

Hey Darren,

Those were great words to pick up on. Scriptures started coming to me as I contemplated how easy it is.

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

1Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

I know understand that the Sabbath was a shadow of things to come which is Christ. He is our Sabbath Rest, in him we rest from all our work in His finished work on the cross. He did it ALL!

Hebrews 4:10 for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his.

But our rest is an abiding rest in Christ, not a weekly rest.

Isa 30:15
    This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength..,

Those are just a few scriptures that came to mind.

Blessings!  :)
~Paula

YellowStone

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2007, 07:12:13 PM »

Paula,

You are truly onto something here. Your Scriptures are so clear and are so needful, for without understanding their full message we can never fully let go.

I know that I quote this next Scripture quite a lot, and I do so again, because I think it aligns perfectly with your message :)

A Psalm of David

Psa 23:1 The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.

Psa 23:2  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

Psa 23:3  He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Psa 23:4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Psa 23:5  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Psa 23:6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

This was one of the very first scriptures I ever learned, and it has always stuck with me. :)

Love,
Darren

psalmsinger

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2007, 08:59:51 PM »

I have learned that my Lord Jesus Christ will take care of my children and make the vessels of dishonour into vessels of honour.  Maybe not in this lifetime, but eventually.  He knows. And I can rest in the Lord knowing that. God is GOOD, even when I think everything is bad.

Barbara

rk12201960

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2007, 02:52:21 PM »

First let me say it took me a couple of days to think how to respond.
I'm just awed at the wisdom I'm seeing.
Thank all of you so much for your views on Gods direction in your life.
Your brother in Christ.
Randy
                         ;D 8) ;D

LittleBear

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2007, 05:51:33 PM »

Dear Arcturus,

What you said here really speaks to me:

It is very simple but very difficult for us many times because our husbands are not Christ but we are being trained against the rough and imperfect in our husbands that polishes us up to become the soft and  pure faith of Christ. God knows what He is doing and we have to yield to His ways and come out of the worlds ways, laws and rewards, temptations and carnal agreements.

We are in the world and it says one thing, but we are not of the world and God says something completely different than the "wisdom" of the world. You are right, we are being trained by the imperfections in our husbands. God is demonstrating this in my life right now, but it can be difficult to remember that it is God who is in control even in my husband's choices. We have gone through a rough year. My husband was having a hard time at work; he wasn't doing what he was supposed to do, and then went on stress leave, and then resigned his job. He is a good guy and I love him dearly. It is difficult to watch him not be able to cope, and there is nothing I can really do for him.

But I pray and pray, but I can't pray for anything specific right now because I want what God wants and I don't know what God wants to accomplish through all this, and there may be more to come which may be hard on the flesh, but will yield something worthwhile in us. God has boxed me in a place where I have no choice. That is what I have learned, that God is sovereign and He will do what He will do, but it's always for our ultimate good. It just doesn't feel good. My point is that God is using my husband to polish my spiritual roughness and show me to rely on God even though I don't know where all this is going.

And you're right, God knows what He is doing, and we will come out of the world's ways.

Ursula

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2007, 06:43:04 PM »

Ursula

That is so touching what you share. Thank you!

Here are my thoughts...........that hopefully will encourage you spiritually........ :)

We women naturally want to have pride in our men and that is carnal. How much pride can you have in a man that is socially outcast, considered a curse and rejected and accused and unanimously with the approval of the majority, put to death between two sinners. Sound familiar? ....Our Lord.

As women we have so much power Ursula. This has not changed since the garden when Eve gave Adam the fruit and he perfectly knew what it meant to eat of it and unite go against Gods will to follow after his wife into the death that God had warned him he would unleash if he ate the forbidden fruit. Unlike Eve we have to keep submissive to Adam. We have to defer to our husbands and in all circumstances approve and love them. Hey if they followed us women into our death sentence, the minimum we can do is love them through theirs!....and neither leave nor forsake them!....I believe the Bride of Christ is the woman that is turned around and is no longer EVE but is the woman that is made for Christ not Adam and for that we have to look and see that Christ died for us and he was in the Will of God for us. We have to stay low, humbled, loving, supportive and guard against becoming like jezebel who took matters and leadership into her own hands for her own carnal desires.....like Eve....taking the fruit into her own hands for her own carnal desires....lust of the eyes, flesh and pride of life.....

there is much we as women can do. We can show our love. We can offer our peace to our husbands and love them beyond anything that the world can do or say to make us believe they are useless. they have done much in the history of the scriptures for us and it is about time we woke up to that fact. We should be kissing their feet with our tears and honouring them with our love.

Working against our sense of pride to honour our husbands results in enourmous peace and love entering the home. Worldly women do not have a clue about this. They want to be the leaders and they want to be equal. Men in the world are also blind. They want to relinquish their leadership as did Ahab incited by his wife.

1 Kings 21 :25 For there was no one who sold himself to do evil in the sight of the Lord as did Ahab, INCITED BY HIS WIFE.

Adam made the same mistake. Gen 3 : 17 And to Adam He (God) said, Because you have listened and GIVEN HEED to the voice of your wife....

Men have to listen but they are not to follow....listen...consider...yes...but not do as we do or think as we think.  Women have to not lead or incite the man through emotional manipulations, tantrums, dissatisfaction or emotional or physical blackmail or any other means. To do so is to not only follow in the footsteps of Eve and Jezebel, but to do worse because we know better! you just read this! So now you know! :D

Rev 2 : 20 But I have this against you: that you tolerate the woman Jezebel, who calls hereself a prophetess, claiming to be inspired and who is teaching and leading astray my servants and bejuiling them into practicing sexual vice and eating food sacrificed to idols.

We know from Ray that the scriptures are not literal but spiritual. We know too that Jesus did not have a wife........He was under the authority of God and He was influenced by no one.

The best we as woman can do to inspire leadership in our husbands is to not lead. that is the role of a Queen in the correct office beside her King. Many men abdicate their leadership role as head of the family and the women and few women submit to eating the dust of humility and refusing to follow in Eve's footsteps or Jezebels pride.

The message...love and honour and be adoring towards your husband through every disguise in circumstances!

Eph 6 : 12 For we are not wrestling with flesh and blood, contending only with physical opponents, but against the despotisms, against the powers, against the master spirits who are the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly supernatural sphere.

Peace to you

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2007, 06:58:48 PM »

To those who are posting in this thread,

What an awesome thread this is.  I have read so much in following it.  Thank you my brothers and sisters for posting what you feel led to, I am glad that I have others that I can learn from.  Thanks.

Blessings on You and Yours.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2007, 07:15:44 PM »

As a PS for anyone struggling with the issue of perhaps having a job or helping in financial assistance for the family.........

Margaret Thatcher is known to have said that after she leaves home, she is the Iron Lady Prime Minister of England. When she gets home, her Husband is the King and the Iron Lady she would not allow to enter her  home!!

that says it for me.... ;D
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 07:16:59 PM by Arcturus »

LittleBear

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2007, 11:52:04 AM »

Thank you Arctrus,

Those are powerful words, and true.

Ursula
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.