bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: First Time Caller...  (Read 9157 times)

rjsurfs

First Time Caller...
« on: February 28, 2007, 12:23:36 AM »

Hello Everyone.

I am glad to be a member of this forum... not sure how much I will post... but nice to know I can now.

I've been lurking for a year or more.  Stumbled onto this site, put it in my favorites and actually forgot about it for some time.  Something about it kept calling me and I would peek in from time to time.  The first paper I read was the one on Tithing.  I was surprised at how genuine and true it felt to me.  I read it to my wife... and then we read the Hypocrites paper together.  We are just now finishing Lake of Fire... I guess it has taken us 3 or 4 months but we really study it and love it.

The last year has been a big change for both my wife and I... we had always been very involved in church... especially in volunteering for things and home study groups (small groups).  About 9 months ago the pastor of our church told us we weren't allowed to invite people from the church into our homes anymore for Bible study.  Hehe... I guess that was the last kick we needed... we haven't been back since and thankfully we left with no resentment towards anyone... Now I was mad at that pastor for a month or so... but I just let it go and continuing to study Ray's papers made it easy to do so.  I feel very blessed to be a part of this community of believers.

We get lonely at times because we did use to be so involved... but we understand that we will never fit in within a "church of man" again... so I thought I would see if I could join this little group. 

Thank you!
Bobby

hebrewroots98

Re: First Time Caller...
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 12:40:59 AM »

Dear Bobby and Wife,
That story rings so true for most of us here, so you have come to the right place...most of us have been ostricised from the denominational churches and infact are still getting it from them/Christiandom.   Welcome in the name of the Lord and I pray that HE overflows your heart with joy that you cannot contain ;D.  I have been here since Dec. 10, 2006 about 11 or 12 weeks now; feels I've been here for years b/c of the fellowship and love that we all share through the unity of THE SPIRIT  :D

Kat

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 12:48:27 AM »

Hi Bobby,

Well I'm glad you have joined us  :)

It seems you have made the most of the time you have since leaving the church, by studying bibletruths.  
I have been through all of Ray's articles, but learn more every time I go back and read again.  

I didn't come to the forum much at first, but now it's like family.
I hope you will join in and fellowship with us, and ask questions, someone here should be able to help you with a question.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

iris

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 10:16:49 AM »

Hi Bobby and Wife,

Welcome to the forum!

I look forward to getting to know you.

Glad to have you here.

Iris

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 11:35:43 AM »

Bobby and Wife,

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you aboard. Lurking is fine believe it or not, I lurked as well before starting to post.  Come on in and get yourselves comfortable.  I hope that you will learn a lot and get to know a lot of people in here, as there are many wonderful people here.

May God bless You and Yours.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 12:41:23 PM »

Hi Bobby and wife,

Welcome.  You no longer have to feel lonely.  The primary reason for the Forum is to provide a place for fellowship with like-minded people.  We may not be together physicially, but spiritually we are bonded. 

I look forward to reading your posts.

Rene'

DWIGHT

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 02:34:22 PM »

Hi Bobby,

Welcome in the name of Jesus.  We're all looking foward to fellowshipping with you and your wife.  I know that this will be a blessing for both of you.  I too was very lonely before coming here, but not anymore. ;D

Your brother and friend,

Dwight

dogcombat

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 02:56:38 PM »

Welcome to the both of you

Ches

PKnowler

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 03:12:03 PM »

Hi Bobby,

Welcome to you and your wife. You are blessed that your wife is a on this journey with you. Not all of us are so fortunate. My husband is still in Babylon. It can be a lonely walk sometime but it sure is good to have this forum of like minded believers to fellowship with. I do hope you will post so we can get to know you, and your wife.

Bless you!
~Paula

gmik

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 05:44:18 PM »

Bobby, being a newby how do you rate a conference already?????? ;D

Anyhoo, Welcome so much.

On another thread (Rick's I think) recently I mentioned about my church not ever trying to get ahold of us or anything when we left.....

Well, I found out that my son, who was taking marriage classes, slipped to the pastor that we were into "universal salvation" like Carlton Pearson.  He said that bcz Carlton was a friend of our pastor-actually he was our pastor's pastor.  So that may explain why no one has bothered themselves to check on us.  Oh well.

My fellowship loneliness has finally left.  I get what I need here.  And I can talk to my hubby & son.
Lord willing I can make it to the conference and meet people in person!!

hebrewroots98

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 04:49:18 PM »

amen to that Gena! ;D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 05:57:38 PM »

Welcome Bobby

I like your Avitar!

I too needed a kick and also got it from the Pastor! ;D Now I know I can not go back to Mystery Babylon and am so very grateful to be OUT!

It is wonderful that you are married to a woman with whom you can share the deep treasures of the Lord. Not many have that gift one way or the other for reasons known only to the Lord! You are both welcome here in spirit and in truth!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 07:19:26 PM »

Hi Bobby and wife (he hasn't told us your name yet, typical man heheh)

Bobby, your story is much like me and my husband and we are truy blessed as married couples to be revealed these truths together. I do understand about the lonliness, but that's physical fellowship, we have spiritual fellowship in here. We are all getting to know one another in a very differant way, in that, we have met each other spiritually (so be it in cyber space lol) and now we are getting to know each others families and lives. Praying together, studying together, supporting each other. Welcome, both of you to true fellowship.

Sandie (and hubby,   oo by the way   hubby called Dave)
Walk in the Spirit

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 07:25:20 PM »

You have started something Sandie...

My hubbie's name is Abraham!...not he is not Jewish in the orthadox sense! He has always been addressed by his second name...his first name is Cornelius!   ....never did call him corne :D....

Peace to you.....oh and my name is Deborah!

Arcturus ;D

rjsurfs

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 10:02:52 PM »

Both Tammy and I are very grateful that we have "like" beliefs... We have been studying Ray's site for quite some time... we are anxiously awaiting part "D" of LoF.  I have really enjoyed everything I have read so far... we will have the main site read through at least once soon... all the emails, forum postings, and conference transcripts keep us busy as well.

I think back on the last year or so that I've been reading Ray... I look back and know that the Truth has been spoken to me... I wasn't influenced by someone's personality, a comfortable auditorium, activities for my kids, entertainment, live music, etc...  I have never felt any pressure or influence to believe what Ray teaches... I believe I have heard the truth.  I often say "Know what you believe and why you believe it"... Bible-Truths has blessed my hearing, seeing & believing.

gmik

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 10:18:02 PM »

Amen to that Bobby.  Hi Tammy!

OK all, so I don't have to type hubby, or husband, or DH(Susan's)  ...His name is Jerry!!!
He is also a believer like us.  And yes it is wonderful to both be in sync w/ this.  He is anti-computer tho...so I have to tell him things, or copy them all out for him to read, and he will listen to the audio.

Its funny now that I think of it, when we left the lutheran's, we thought THAT was coming out of Babylon.  This has been 2 years for us after finding Ray.  Tho I still feel like a babe next to the wisdom on this forum.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 10:34:50 PM »

You are so humble Gena, God has given you alot more wisdom that you are seeing in yourself!  I know, I've been on the receiving end of your wisdom...so thanks!   ;D

gmik

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2007, 10:45:17 PM »

Oh..Bless Your dear Heart Susan. (and right back at ya!!)

snorky

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2007, 02:28:17 AM »

Bobby you are fortunate indeed that your spouse is with you on this..pray for those of us who don't have that situation! We all need it! Welcome!--Deb aka snorky

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 02:34:08 AM »

Yes Susan! :D

I can second what you say about Gena....Hey G...the sugar does not taste itself! You are very sweet to our taste! ;D

peace to you sister

Arcturus :)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.