bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Still dealing with my indoctrination  (Read 4067 times)

Phazel

Still dealing with my indoctrination
« on: April 10, 2006, 02:49:59 AM »

I was raised in a christian church environment so  sometimes my reading causes my to fall back on what I grew up with and I need help to get past it.  

From my upbringing even tho people would speak out against the evils of the world such as homosexuality or prostitution, etc.  I was told that  those sins would not be held against someone because non belief was thier real Sin and believers who  Sin are judged by the actions the bible speaks against if they commit them.

Now I'm kinda stuck.   I do refuse to believe in eternal damnation ever again, no matter what my upbringing is.   But how does that concept fit into  judgment in the lake of fire.   Is someone sinning against god by thier behavior, or is unbelief the root cause and that rejection is what gets judged?

Appreciate some guidance in learning the truth.

rvhill

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 03:41:27 AM »

The answer could be that the more carnal, or sinful someone is the more that is burned out of them. For some that part of them which will be saved might be very small. This life is not about being saved. It about acquiring spiritual wealth. It about growing up to be a spiritual adult.

Matthew 19:21 Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Matthew 6:19 [ Treasures in Heaven ] "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.

Matthew 13:52 He said to them, "Therefore every teacher of the law who has been instructed about the kingdom of heaven is like the owner of a house who brings out of his storeroom new treasures as well as old."

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 11:15:07 AM »

Luk 12:47  And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.  

Luk 12:48  But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much of him they will ask the more.

I believe the essence of what we can expect in Judgement is here, the entire Chapter Luke 12 is our Lord speaking to the disciples about this very thing.

Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 17 queries.