bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Mock?  (Read 12179 times)

hillsbororiver

Why Mock?
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2006, 05:17:56 PM »

RJ, you were addressing me;in this quote were you not?

"Hillsbororiver, on the contrary, I've read a lot of Ray's writings. I agree with him on some points like the spiritual state of the "church" (I know you don't even believe that word is biblical but allow me this once)."

In that case the word "you" is singular;

Function: pronoun
Pronunciation: 'yĆ¼, y& also ye
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English eow, dat. & accus. of ge you; akin to Old High German iu, dative of ir you, Sanskrit yūyam you
1 : the one or ones being addressed -- used as the pronoun of the second person singular or plural in any grammatical relation except that of a possessive <you may sit in that chair> <you are my friends> <can I pour you a cup of tea> -- used formerly only as a plural pronoun of the second person in the dative or accusative case as direct or indirect object of a verb or as object of a preposition --

Please stop with the deceptions, if you are looking for fellowship fine, but no more of attempting to cause strife and division.

Thanks,

Joe

hillsbororiver

Why Mock?
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2006, 05:19:10 PM »

Quote from: love_magnified
God blinding others is as much of a test for us as it is for them.

Excellent point LM

Righteous Judge

Why Mock?
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2006, 05:34:18 PM »

Like I said, Hillsbororiver, I actually meant for that word to be in the plural form. Love_magnified, that was truly funny  :lol: . "God blinding others is as much of a test for us as it is for them". I mean no offence by this. I just find it funny. I'm attempting to cause strife and deceptions? Well, in what way am I doing that. I'm pointing out the fact that your mockery of other people is wrong even from your own point of view and you're saying I'm causing strife and deception? Well think whatever you want of me as long as you get my point, it would be fine by me. Hillsbororiver, what exactly was your point in pointing out to me that "you" was used in a singular format. Are you going to start a grammatical argument now. You're right about the grammar part but honestly, I meant for that word in the plural form.

Finally, love_magnified, the Lord will not allow you to be tempted beyond your strength so nothing stops you from passing this test (not even a lack of freewill) except yourself.

Righteous Judge

Why Mock?
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2006, 05:36:42 PM »

Oh and by the way, "your" in "I'm pointing out the fact that your mockery........................" is meant to be plural.

Kevin

Why Mock?
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2006, 05:37:56 PM »

Yes RJ, I do agree that we arent to make a mockery out of anyone, including those that havent been given eyes to see are ears to hear. I have been guilty of it a couple of times and am sorry for that. But here is what we need to do. Rom16:17-Now I beseech you , bretheren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary the the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. 18-For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ but there own belly; and by good words and fair speeches decieve the hearts of the simple.
It is hard not to say some things when you have come to learn the truth then people want to come in here and drag us back to what we came out of. Im not going back God willing. I hope that you dont consider this mocking you, Im just a little concerned from a couple of your statements about how you dont have time to argue. I hope that this argueing isnt in reference to the truthes that we come to learn.

eutychus

Why Mock?
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2006, 05:49:41 PM »

Greetings,

everyone here has good stuff to bring to the table, we are all different.

for now i am not looking to try and figure out RJ's motives, but when i first read his 1st post this is what i got, (for me) me only!!!

Pr 9:8
Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

so i will consider myself wise and love RJ.

just as with anything and anyone, give it enough time and it will be meeted out.

see how craig and ray made peace,i will use this as an example and give RJ some room, he will show his true colors in time.

well love ya's

chuckt/ aka eutychus.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Why Mock?
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2006, 06:00:43 PM »

RJ will not be posting anymore.

Craig
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.