bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tithing  (Read 5218 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Tithing
« on: March 01, 2007, 08:54:38 PM »

I know that this subject is one that we all battle with.  The pastors put guilt on you, almost curse you if you don't comply, make you feel horrible and fear that God will consider you less than human.

Last Sunday I went home absolutely sobbing because our Pastor wanted us all to fill out a card asking is we tithed, will tithe, tithes and gives or just tithes.  We were to put the card in the collection bucket and he promised to pray over the cards.  He even went so far as to say that if in 90 days we don't get a blessing, we would get our money back.  I am sorry but that to me is Witch Craft pure and simple.

I love the Pastor and his wife but this situation is very troubling to me.

Sincerely
        Diana

Dear Diana:
        They people in Judea also LOVED the Pharisees.  Oh how they loved their religious lying, two-faced, blasphemous hypocritical leaders. But Jesus taught to "beware the leaven of the Pharisees."  I have never used the words "witch craft" to describe their activities, but I can see how it could fit. It's fine that you love them, Diana, but you really need to be thinking hard about God's command to:  "COME OUT OF HER My people that you be not partakers of her sins, that you be not partakers of her plagues" (Rev. 18:4).
        God be with you,
        Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.