bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Us and Them  (Read 14964 times)

rocky

Us and Them
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2006, 02:59:50 PM »

Quote from: Deedle
if we don't have the LOVE...we have NOTHING...cause God IS LOVE
plain and simple

Rev 3:19  
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Heb 12:5  
And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

Heb 12:6  For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Heb 12:7  If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Heb 12:8  But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye ********, and not sons.

Heb 12:10  For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

Heb 12:11  Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Tit 2:11  For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,

Tit 2:12  teaching [chastening] us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age,

Tit 2:13  looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

Tit 2:14  who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

Tit 2:15  Speak these things, exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no one despise you.

Tit 1:13  This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

2Ti 4:2  Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

1Ti 5:20  Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

Paul rebuked in love.

1Co 6:5  I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

1Co 15:33  Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

1Co 15:34  Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

Gal 3:1  O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

Gal 3:3  Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

1Ti 1:20  Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.

1Co 5:3  For I, on my part, though absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged him who has so committed this, as though I were present.

1Co 5:4  In the name of our Lord Jesus, when you are assembled, and I with you in spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus,

1Co 5:5  I have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

1Co 5:6 Your boasting is not good Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough?

Gal 5:9  A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.  

1Co 5:7  Clean out the old leaven so that you may be a new lump, just as you are in fact unleavened. For Christ our Passover also has been sacrificed.

Rebuke, chastening/discipline are all a part of true love. As my wife always says; "love is an action".

Heb 5:13  For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

Heb 5:14  But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

In Love  :wink:
Deedle

These scriptures are great examples.  Be seperate, don't revert back to whoredom, yet  teach, rebuke, encourage, exhort etc.  Loving your enemy doesn't mean don't interact with them.  Through the foolishness of preaching, those God has opened their ears will hear.  Thank God while I was an enemy to Him, he seeked me out.  

Aren't we to be bring the message of reconciliation to the world?

My thots are how are we to do this if we don't preach, encourage, rebuke, exhort with the called?

chrissiela

Us and Them
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2006, 05:15:54 PM »

There is a difference between rebuking or admonishing in LOVE and doing so out of spite or a sense of spiritual superiority. And appearances and intentions can often-times be misunderstood - on both sides of the 'argument'.

That's why I think we should be careful about "labeling" or "marking" people (ie. heretic, wolf, etc). Especially when there is more in the way of common ground than in differences.

Some here are 'new' to the teachings of BT's and for some it is 'old hat', but regardless of our level of knowledge or spiritual maturity, we are all brothers and sisters in the Lord, if it so be that we are all seeking after the truth and after the Father and the Son. He must give the increase and until that happens we are where we are and it IS "by the foolishness of preaching" that the blind and deaf are healed.

Rom 12:16  Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

Rom 12:17  Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

Rom 12:18  If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Rom 12:19  Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Rom 12:20  Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

Rom 12:21  Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Act 28:30  And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him,

Chrissie

ertsky

Us and Them
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2006, 06:29:23 PM »

Gal 4:16  Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

:)

f

chrissiela

Us and Them
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2006, 07:15:20 PM »

Quote from: ertsky
Gal 4:16  Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

:)

f

Goes both ways doesn't it?  :wink:

Sure is how I was made to feel.  :cry:  

And I am "like-minded", so I can imagine how others who are not or who have questions are made to feel.

We shouldn't be quick to 'label' others. Labels are harmful, not to mention often-time misleading and/or completely inaccurate when given in haste, especially in this type of environment.

That was all I was trying to say.

Sorry, I can see that any comments from me on this particular subject are not going to be well-received. I will not comment on it again.

Chrissie

love_magnified

Us and Them
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2006, 07:25:28 PM »

There is a difference between rebuking or admonishing in LOVE and doing so out of spite or a sense of spiritual superiority. And appearances and intentions can often-times be misunderstood - on both sides of the 'argument'.

That's why I think we should be careful about "labeling" or "marking" people (ie. heretic, wolf, etc). Especially when there is more in the way of common ground than in differences.

This is true. We should be very careful in labeling. I tend to shy away from it myself. You can tell a wolf by their receptivity and their intent. To me a wolf in sheep's clothing is posing as one thing and is being another with no intent to learn, even if giving that appearance. It is all about giving lying appearances. This is not the same as a person who has an honest desire in their heart for His truths, even if they disagree at the moment. Coming to the truth is a process and we cannot expect immediate results. I find sometimes that some people (not necessarily here) tend to get impatient and frustrated if someone is not accepting right away what is so obviously true.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Us and Them
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2006, 07:29:09 PM »

O.K Folks I think we've beat this horse long enough, time to put him to bed.

:D  :D
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.