bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adams power  (Read 11491 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Adams power
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007, 07:50:06 PM »

Darren

also note from LOF part 15

Adam LOVED his wife dearly. He never wanted to be separated from her. But he knew that the wages of eating the forbidden tree was to be death. But did he fully comprehend all that death entailed? Probably not. But whatever the penalty would be or how it would be carried out, Adam knew that he did not want to be separated from his wife. Notice what He said to God:

"And the man said, The woman whom you gave to be WITH ME, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat." (Gen. 3:12).

Isn’t that interesting. Adam did not say: "The woman whom you gave TO ME." Or, "The woman whom you gave FOR ME." But rather, "The woman whom you gave to be WITH ME." Adam reminded God that He created Eve to be ‘WITH’ him, not apart from him. And if Adam had obeyed God, whereas his wife did not, he feared being SEPARATED from Eve. And so he also ate of the fruit and sinned, not because he was deceived as Eve was, but because he loved her in his heart so much that he couldn’t bear the thought of not being "WITH" her.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 07:52:28 PM by Arcturus »

YellowStone

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007, 08:30:17 PM »

Arcturus  :D :D :D

Wow, my sister, God is at work today.  I was just about to respond to your previous post and end it with this. :)

1Cr 7:23 Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men.

Meaning of course, I have to take Scripture over what Ray say's!    ::)

And then you posted this:  Praise be to our God!!!

"And the man said, The woman whom you gave to be WITH ME, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat." (Gen. 3:12).

Isn’t that interesting. Adam did not say: "The woman whom you gave TO ME." Or, "The woman whom you gave FOR ME." But rather, "The woman whom you gave to be WITH ME." Adam reminded God that He created Eve to be ‘WITH’ him, not apart from him. And if Adam had obeyed God, whereas his wife did not, he feared being SEPARATED from Eve. And so he also ate of the fruit and sinned, not because he was deceived as Eve was, but because he loved her in his heart so much that he couldn’t bear the thought of not being "WITH" her.

WOW!!!  :))

Thank you my dear sister.

Gen 3:12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest [to be] with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

The words " [to be] with me" translate back to immad (Strong's 05978)

Meaning:
  • AV - with me, by me, upon me, mine, against me; 12

Thanks for that additional post Arcturus :)

Your brother in Christ,
Darren

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2007, 10:44:42 PM »

Patrick I looked up "man" on e-sword and found out it refers to "mankind". So i deduce from this that, after Adam and Eve ate of the tree they were transformed into humans because it appears that it was after this event, that the word MAN appears in the text.

Arcturus :)

H119
אדם
'âdam
aw-dam'
To show blood (in the face), that is, flush or turn rosy: - be (dyed, made) red (ruddy).

H120
אדם
'âdâm
aw-dawm'
From H119; ruddy, that is, a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.): - X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.

H121
אדם
'âdâm
aw-dawm'
The same as H120; Adam, the name of the first man, also of a place in Palestine: - Adam.

Am I missing something here?
What part of my post made you research "man"?

rick

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2007, 11:11:43 PM »

i think what we are missing here is not whether Adam was courageous or cowardly and not whether eve was deceived or desirous. what we are missing is it was Gods purpose they  both ate of the tree. both sinned because all are sinners. but in His infinite wisdom when they tried tried to cover themselves by the work of their own hands, God shed the blood of the innocent lamb who had no part in their sin to  COVER their nakedness. and that covering was so they could come out from hiding and stand before their creator. thanks be to God that the shed blood of the innocent is what brings us to Him from our hiding place.

Joey Porter

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2007, 03:57:42 AM »

I never thought about that issue much.  But here is an ineresting verse from the NT that seems to back up what some here are saying:

1 Timothy 2
14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

But the real question I have is about the "dying" part - of the phrase "To be dying you will die."  If Adam was created from the dust as a perishable creature, wouldn't that mean that the "dying" being spoken of in that phrase could not be talking about physical, mortal corruption - because he was already experiencing that.  He didn't start physically dying at that moment - he was already on his way. 

If the tree of life represents Christ, wouldn't Adam have had to eaten from that tree in order to live "forever" or live unto the ages?

That seems to be what is indicated in Genesis 3:22:

He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

So it seems as though the result of Adam's disobedience was the spiritual death he experienced at the moment he realized his nakedness.  But the physical corruption and death was merely a result of his being created as a perishable creature.

This seems to be a perfect parallel to what Paul is talking about in Romans 7 - illustrating for us how the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is a foreshadowing of the law:

9Once I was alive apart from law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died. 10I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death.

Paul didn't physically die, nor did he begin to physcially die when he disobeyed the commandment.  He experienced what Adam experienced - that is - the spiritual death that was him realizing his nakedness and inability to keep the commandment.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2007, 04:36:38 AM »

Hello Patrick

You wrtie : Am I missing something here?
What part of my post made you research "man"?

This was the part that caught my imagination and made me do some research. You observed : In Adam and Eve's case, "The Man" showed up!

I thought that was very interesting and I wanted to know more ;D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.