bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Concerned about your beliefs  (Read 7810 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Concerned about your beliefs
« on: March 17, 2006, 09:44:44 AM »

Dear Ray,
I'm concerned about your beliefs.  You are telling a huge lie when you say that there is no hell.  Hell is a very real place; I have had conversations with numerous Bible scholars and all of them believe that there is indeed a hell.  In addition, I have read the Old Testament once and the New Testament twice, and I am sure that there is a hell.  If a hell did not exist, what would happen to the people who willingly chose not to believe that Jesus Christ died for their sins?  You also spread the lie that versions of the Bible such as the NIV and the NRSV are not accurate.  Many Bible scholars looked at thousands of manuscripts to translate the Bible into modern, understandable language, and I firmly believe that these versions are both accurate.  I will pray that you come to know the truth, and I will pray that you become more open-minded.
Sincerely,
Naomi

Dear Naomi:
The reason that many people do not read my series on hell is because it SCARES them.  They truly are afraid of what they might learn. Perhaps you are more brave than others. Read it, and then come back and email me again.
God be with you,
Ray
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 01:13:42 PM by Kat »

shibboleth

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 01:06:42 PM »

I was afraid to read the Lake of Fire series because I had read many of Rays writings and thought what if he's wrong about hell? What if he can't prove that hell isn't areal place where people go to be tormented. But, one day, God just put it in my heart to study it and I am sure glad I did. It's the most glorious and beautiful news I have ever heard. God REALLY does love everybody who ever has or will live on this earth. When God blinds mens minds, he does and excellent job.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 02:37:50 PM »

Great post Shibboleth, you and I have spoken before about the impact "The Lake of Fire" series had on us, very positive indeed!

Last August when I was surfing the net searching for "weather changes in Revelation" (I am in the home building industry and was getting nervous about those pesky hurricanes we sometimes have in late summer) when I "stumbled" onto Ray's site, when I saw the "hell" stuff my first impression was that Ray was some whack job looking for $$$ or just notoriety, but when I started reading it............oh man I was blown away, you could have knocked me off of my chair with a feather, I could not stop reading, my senses were heightened and the excitement was barely containable.

I had pretty much been away from organized churches for quite some time, checked many out but thought I was too deficient to understand the attractiveness of it figuring all these folks can't be wrong so I must be the misfit.......so be it.

I really did not believe a God of love would torture His creation for "eternity" but I did think that He might just leave them dead if they did not make the grade, but after reading Ray's paper with all the scriptural backing the joy was intense and I was up reading it until the wee hours of the morning.

So as Ray said, read it thoroughly then let us discuss it. It is the real "Good News!"

Joe

YellowStone

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 04:21:11 PM »

Great responses from you both (Joe and Shibboleth)

There are two very important points that so many fail to consider; those being the WORD of God and the word of man.

Put simply, if the words of man is supported by the WORD of God, then they are inasmuch, the words of God. Rationally, if the words of men cannot be fully and unquestionably supported by the WORD of God, then they are falsehoods and lies.

If one was truly concerned of their standing before God, would they not at least question their own belief, just like I and I am sure all here do constantly.

But, there is one MAJOR thing that I cannot get past! How can millions have such unwavering belief in a word (Hell) that is totally fictious in form and meaning. There never was such a word. This to me is the most comforting fact as it makes the truth so much clearer. :)

Thanks to God for opening my eyes.

Darren

Gill

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 08:26:18 PM »

You're right, Shibboleth, it really is beautifull news  :D .  I could only truly forgive people when my eyes were opened to God's salvation for all mankind ...before that ?  Impossible ...and i really tried.

I remember the church 'missions to save the lost', the 'prayer/intercession' for these 'poor sinners who were dying without knowing the gospel' (which hardly anyone turned up to  :lol: ) etc.  It used to weigh heavily on me at one point.  I was a sucker for this lie. It had me hook, line and sinker ~ it brought out so many terrible things in me ...fear and terror, smugness, self-righteousness, hatred, despair.  

I remember a thought that kept coming back to me at the time: 'why am i praying to God to save people, essentially, from Himself ?  Not from sin, not from Satan, He can deal with both of those ...so umm, why does God seem like he's schizophrenic ?  Why doesn't God just save everybody ?'  Thinking along those lines and feeling utterly miserable about hell was the beginning of the end for me, thank the Lord.

orion77

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 05:42:26 PM »

The truth shall set you free.  :D  The good news is an awesome find.  8)  I believe they do not teach good news.  I would rather be wrong in believing there is no hell, than believing there is a hell and to find out while standing in front of God that I was wrong.  :shock:

Its all about love.  The belief of no hellious torture seems to be more in line with a loving God.  The belief of a torture hole has no love at all.  Seems 1 plus 1 is 2.  And 2 plus 2 is 4.  Elementary my dear Watson.

Only God can make them see!

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.