bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gospel of Judas  (Read 5137 times)

captkev06

Gospel of Judas
« on: April 10, 2006, 11:28:19 AM »

Did anybody watch the Gospel of Judas special on National Geographic? What did you think?

Origen II

Gospel of Judas
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 11:48:58 AM »

I actually read some of it...

It's not so much that Christ asked Judas to betray Him that is bad....but what Jesus apparently told Judas regarding what Heaven and the Angels are like.

It's very akin to the Book of Enoch, but suggests things about the Father and the Son that would have Trinitarians, Unitarians, and even Dualist agree that what the Gospel of Judas is teaching...is certainly polytheistic.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Gospel of Judas
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 12:05:21 PM »

I would say it is a gnostic writing.

Craig

Mystikalman80

Gospel of Judas
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 05:36:17 PM »

I wanted to see it, but had to goto a B-Day party.  If Judas has a book, why wouldn't it be in the Bible???

-Nadeem

nightmare sasuke

Gospel of Judas
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 06:39:35 PM »

From what I can tell, it's Gnostic (or something else that is non-Christian), and definitely does not illustrate the Jesus and truths of the Scriptures.

rvhill

Gospel of Judas
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 09:30:46 PM »

Quote from: Mystikalman80
I wanted to see it, but had to goto a B-Day party.  If Judas has a book, why wouldn't it be in the Bible???

-Nadeem

The bible is a Christian work. At least the New Testament is. The book of Judas is a gnostic book, just like the book of Mary and the book of Thomas. Also the book was not written by Judas. Judas was also written after the cut off date for book of the NT.

Revelation 11
The Two Witnesses
    1I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, "Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, and count the worshipers there. 2But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. 3And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth." 4These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth. 5If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die. 6These men have power to shut up the sky so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.

7Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them.

To see the Book of Judas resurface is a part of the above verses. Why would this evil book be found after having been lost for more then 1500 years. There were some famous that were living before the dark ages which wrote refutals to this book more then 1500 years ago. You can still read their writing today.

bowlbyx

Gospel of Judas
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 11:23:45 PM »

http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/_pdf/GospelofJudas.pdf

here it is if you are interested in reading it.

david
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.