bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Followers of Ray.  (Read 12897 times)

YellowStone

Re: Followers of Ray.
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2007, 01:13:14 PM »

I agree with you Diana,

I see Ray, less as a teacher and more as a guiding light. Ray has shed light on many, many concepts that were either totally in the dark or at least shady. Shady, because through God, I questioned the belief of the church, but not lit Ray presented spiritual understanding by God.

I am not sure if I am not only one that feels this way, but God has shown himself and of himself more and more everyday.

Past beliefs and half beliefs are either being substantiated or blown completely away. We of course should expect this: :)

Phl 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Ray's guiding light sure does promote unity and this is something I am very thankful for. Praise be to God.

Love,
Darren

« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 01:30:57 PM by YellowStone »

skydreamers

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2007, 01:34:39 PM »

As I'm going about my morning business, making breakfast for my beautiful children, I was thinking about this also:

I remember when I first read Ray's writings I was in awe of HOW MUCH SCRIPTURE he uses.  I mean, the man barely writes a few sentences without inserting yet another witness of scripture.  Because of this, I felt like it was the scriptures talking to me and not Ray.  (Although I "adore" Ray's humour and the way he comments on the verses he uses!) 

I had been using E-sword already before I discovered bibletruths, but after reading Ray's material I was using it more than ever, looking up EVERYTHING, and by doing this was led to even more scripture that he didn't list but that nevertheless substantiated what he was saying.  The scriptures really did come alive.

Now, do Pastors in the churches do this when giving their sermons or bible studies?  Not in my experience.  It amazes me when the detractors exclaim that Ray is spouting out his erroneous "opinion".  How can it be his opinion when he lays out scripture after scripture??  This floors me every time I see this in an email.  But it also shows me clearly that God really does blind people and I am forced to remember how blind I was.  I still can't believe some of the scriptures I've read that I didn't really SEE.  It's like, "Whoa, where did that come from?"  Simply Amazing, and this obviously can only be a gift from God. 

So if citing scripture after scripture is only "opinion" and "foolishness" to some people, then so be it.  I for one am ever so grateful for being taught for once in my Christian life HOW to understand the bible for myself. 

Peace, Diana

gmik

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2007, 02:32:05 PM »

Same w/ me Diana!!!

Kat

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2007, 03:04:16 PM »

I believe that God has given Ray a special gift of discerning the scripture. This is being revealed to him as he studies the scripture, it is from his constant personal biblestudies that God is showing him what he knows. Ray knows that he has a special gift of understanding of the scripture and he is devoted to getting the truth out as much as time will allow. He spends many hours everyday at the computer working on those papers and emails.

Ray is a friend and brother, I do not feel any high regard as of him being superior to me.  God is just using him one way and me another way now, one is not superior to the other. Of course he knows a lot more than I do, so he is teaching me, I do not have a problem calling him a teacher, because that is what he is doing. 

Since he knows the truth, he realizes that God could bring him down and raised someone else up as quick as a wink. He is aware that he is just a tool in God's hand. I am trying to get across that Ray is just an ordinary man that God is using to do His will, that's the way I see him.  I easily see beyond Ray to Jesus Christ, where all my hope lies.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 05:03:35 PM by Kat »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2007, 04:22:38 PM »

Kat,

You stated that very well.

I know what you mean about what Ray is like when you are with him versus what someone's perception may be by only reading a two dimensional paper or e-mail response. It was at the last 2 conferences that I had the opportunity to meet and get to know Ray a little bit and all you wrote I have also found to be true.

He truly is a humble man who recognizes the gift he has been given and all the accountability that comes with that gift.

I thank the Lord every day that He saw fit to put Ray Smith in my path toward Him, I have learned more in the past 1 year and 7 months than the 51 years previous. I would be an ingrate to feel otherwise.

His Peace to you,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2007, 04:30:44 PM »

You are right about not getting the bigger picture from the written communications we have from Ray Joe!

his audios are most helpful to allow us on other continents or who are not able to come to visit Ray, to appreciate the mood and attitude of his statements! These can so easily be mis-understood or seen as angry or hostile as he is often accused of being! When you HEAR the gentleness, wisdom and effortless clarity and truth as he speaks and refutes error, then you begin to experience patience, humility and reverence for God that comes through via  Ray.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2007, 05:10:32 PM »

I found this scripture interesting in relation to this topic.

1Timothy 5:17 - Let elders who have presided ideally be counted worthy of double honor, especially those who are toiling in word and teaching.

Ray has been blessed with gift of spiritual understanding and we have been recipients of this blessing.  It is ALL of God!

Peace,

Rene'

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2007, 05:20:15 PM »

Amen Rene!

...and let us add this as good measure, pressed down and shaken together.... ;D

! Thes 5 : 12,13 Now also we beseech you, brethren, get to know those who labor among you, recognize them for what they are, acknowledtge and appreciate and respect them all - your leaders who are over you in the Lord and those who warn and kindly reprove and exhort you. 13 And hold them in very high and most affectionate esteem in intelligent and sympathetic appreciation of their work.

Peace to you

YellowStone

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2007, 06:22:03 PM »

Amen Rene!

...and let us add this as good measure, pressed down and shaken together.... ;D

! Thes 5 : 12,13 Now also we beseech you, brethren, get to know those who labor among you, recognize them for what they are, acknowledtge and appreciate and respect them all - your leaders who are over you in the Lord and those who warn and kindly reprove and exhort you. 13 And hold them in very high and most affectionate esteem in intelligent and sympathetic appreciation of their work.

Peace to you

Arcturus, my sister what a wonderful Scripture.

After reading it several times, I have come to the realization that there are many here that labor amongst us, yourself included. :)

Of course there is Ray, but then there are the Moderators whose task is to: "warn and kindly reprove and exhort." And then their are the brothers and sisters of Christ, who through much diligence and perseverance, bring forward for the attention of others, Scriptures and snippets of articles or responses of Rays.

Thanks for posting this. :)

Love in Christ,

Your brother, Darren

gmik

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2007, 10:07:25 PM »

Amen to all the above posts.

Just one more thing.  Uh, gee, where is the "give, give" button on his site??  Does he live in a mansion??  Does he own several rolls royces???? Does he wear Armani???  Does he & his wife own jets???? Do all his kitties have diamond necklaces???  I am being silly but you know what I mean.

Yeah, I am following him all right, straight to the Bible and trying to be real & honest and loving.  He is a great role model.  I thank God for him and for God blessing me thru him.

Sorin

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2007, 10:28:22 PM »

Gena,

I know what you're saying. If L. Ray Smith were a "False Profit" what is he getting out of it? Certainly not money and fame. So why would a "False profit" go through the trouble of writting all those papers, putting up a website, and paying for it, and all the research and study, and put in all the effort and time if he is not benefiting from it? And by benefiting from it I mean
what you were saying about living in a mansion and owning luxury cars and his and her jets, and a mistress too. ;) It just doesn't add up.

So let's look at it from the christians' point of view. He is a false profit even though he doesn't benefit financialy from 'deceiving people, so then what does he get out of it?
What did he strike a deal with the devil, to decieve as many people as possible so that they too wil end up in hell, with him and the devil.... wow, he'd have to be a real sucker to do that and not even get to live it up in this life. It just doesn't add up.

gmik

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2007, 10:32:48 PM »

Exactly!!!!

Jackie Lee

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2007, 11:08:17 PM »

I just discovered his writtings a couple months ago.
I had been searching for the truth and wondering why I just couldn't bring myself to go to any church anymore.
 I had been so disappointed in church it seemed so superficial I felt like I just didn't belong anywhere well anyway...
I had been wondering why I seem to be judging myself daily.
I told a relative about my struggles, she said was there anything good I said no not really, she said well you know where that came from then.
She said Satan is trying to make you feel worthless, I didn't argue with her but knew I was being judged and it was right.
There was one day I acted up in front of my daughter by a curse word *my daughter is grown* I felt so bad for doing this I felt like such a failure because her and I had been talking how God was working in our lives.
I tell you that was the weirdest thing the curse word just came out and to be honest I was more shocked than she was.
This is what really made me realize God was showing me things by my worthless feelings.
 The good part it didn't last he got his message to me through my bad actions.
My first post here was something about this and all my failures, It really was good to hear we do go through rough times for our own good.
It was humbling and to feel humble and worthless for a short while helped me realize I am going to be ok.
I am greatful for that and for Ray's writtings and this board it is helping me get to where I need to go on this journey.
I am not saying it is easy my husband can be so uncaring and for years I prayed Lord can you change him to be more loving.
He is not a bad person though just cold and aloof  I knew this when I married him he is very responsible but cold...Lol
Anyway through all of this and there is so much more God is showing me I am where I am supposed to be at this time.
I am so grateful God is teaching me to learn through all of this, So Ray's teaching has been a lifeline to me.
 I don't follow Ray but I know what he is teaching finally explains all of my why God why why?
I am learning through his teachings I am grateful for that and most I am grateful that God saw fit to reveal a bit of truth.
 I say a bit because I don't always see right away.
If I have been wrong on anything I have said about learning from my faults please correct me...I really finally am teachable. I think. :)

snorky

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2007, 03:02:20 AM »

Just to add one more thing...I found Ray's site when I was researching funding of the figures in the apostate "Religious Right" and clicked on a link for Bible Truths while reading about Pat Robertson's funding sources (an interesting story in itself). Also, I had started serious Bible study on my own at the time (having eschewed Bible Study at the church I was going to at the time because of some false doctrine the pastor was teaching). Because I was searching for the truth, God had revealed to me that certain popular Christian doctrines were absolutely false...and then, He lead me to Ray's site, and the articles blew me away with their incredible truth, the undeniable, proven so completely by use of Scripture, and, in fact, I had never known anyone who could use Scripture the way God has chosen Ray to do so. My point is this: I believe those who "find themselves" on Ray's site are pointed there exactly at the right time when those can handle the truth...as well as for those who are led there to try to debunk what he does, and can't, so they use name calling and damn the man to "hell." I don't "follow Ray", but anyway I'd like to say here "thanks, Ray" all the same.--Deb

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2007, 12:41:57 PM »

I found this scripture interesting in relation to this topic.

1Timothy 5:17 - Let elders who have presided ideally be counted worthy of double honor, especially those who are toiling in word and teaching.

Ray has been blessed with gift of spiritual understanding and we have been recipients of this blessing.  It is ALL of God!

Peace,

Rene'

Exactly
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.