bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Followers of Ray.  (Read 12903 times)

Sorin

Followers of Ray.
« on: March 04, 2007, 03:48:37 PM »

Another from the email section, this was titled assumptions.

"All these thousands of years and all of these Christians wrong. Thank God that God finally sent you to explain everything to us.  I am jumping on your bandwagon because only you and your followers will be saved.

whew!

Dear Matt:
Your false assumptions, not mine.
Ray

------------------------

I just want to say that anyone who follows Ray will most assuredly not be saved.

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Followers of Ray.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 04:18:26 PM »

I believe that the false assumption that Ray was refering to was where the writer assumes that Ray and  only Ray and his "followers" will be saved. Ray doesn't teach that at all. Ray shows us what God says that ALL will be saved in the end.  ;D

As for Ray, I follow Ray's teachings....I think I would have a pretty difficult time literally following Ray the man! I am not interested in following Ray the man...but I do agree with Ray's teachings and am a student...I study...what Ray teaches! I think that makes me a follower! :D

The Lord...Eph 4 : 11... gave some, apostles; and some prophets; and some evangelists, and some pastors and TEACHERS.  

Ray says he is a teacher but I think he is being modest...I think he is all of the above! I know some of us agree that he is of the Elect!...what would that make some of us.... ::) Heretics I think ;D  ;D  ..worse than followers! ;D

Ray is a teacher. He offers us a school of thought that happens to be revelations, wisdom, insights and truths from the word of God and from what God has shown to him.

I think that is what Ray meant....All will be saved because that is what he teaches and that is what God says.

In Pauls day there were those who "followed" agreed with and accepted Pauls teachings and there were those who did not. the same can be said for Jesus. Come "follow me".....and so we do...we follow HIM who speaks via our teacher!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 04:48:45 PM by Arcturus »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 04:33:42 PM »

Another from the email section, this was titled assumptions.

"All these thousands of years and all of these Christians wrong. Thank God that God finally sent you to explain everything to us.  I am jumping on your bandwagon because only you and your followers will be saved.

whew!

Dear Matt:
Your false assumptions, not mine.
Ray

------------------------

I just want to say that anyone who follows Ray will most assuredly not be saved.

Hi Sorin,

I agree, in the strict sense what you have posted is absolutely true. I am speaking for myself here as I do not "follow Ray" as we are instructed to follow Christ but as Ray would tell anyone himself, he is a teacher, he has been called to give the "Good News" by the foolishness of preaching. He is not seeking followers but is providing material for students (this is what I consider myself) who will use this treasure to move forward in their own personal walk with the Lord.  

Now as to listening to what Ray teaches and giving much weight to the things that have been by the grace of God revealed to him that is a whole different topic, there have been some who have passed through this Forum that have believed they have progressed to a deeper understanding of the plan and purpose of our heavenly Father and His Son. Have they done this with sound scriptural witnesses? Or have "feelings" and private (without much if any scripture) interpretations been the cornerstone of their assertions?

Look at the volume and wealth of information on Bible Truths, consider whether these others who have made bold statements have produced anything significant in their one or two small points of contention.

Unfortunately this sort of topic is a breeding ground for strife and misunderstanding, I am sure this was not your motivation or intention but I wanted to get this perspective on the table before a feeding frenzy develops.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 04:35:42 PM »

Hi Arcturus,

You were posting as I was formulating my thoughts, you stated this very well.

Thank you,

Joe

Sorin

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 04:47:18 PM »

Let me restate what I meant with this verse.

Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Joe, I believe you understood what I meant, but just to make myself more clear to everybody else.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 04:48:27 PM by Sorin »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 04:50:29 PM »

Hello rj  :D  ;D  :D

Thank you Joe!  ;D

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 06:34:52 PM »

Joe, I believe you understood what I meant, but just to make myself more clear to everybody else.

Hi Sorin,

Yes, there wasn't any doubt in my mind as to where you are coming from on this topic, I have see you in action with the heavy artillery when others have suggested there was a group of "blind followers" here.  ;)

Appreciating even respecting a teacher who has proven to be scripturally sound is not something to be ashamed of or having a need to justify, many of us here have benefited from all the time, effort and prayers that have been put into proclaiming and distributing the Wisdom the Lord has provided Ray, I (and I am sure you agree) would feel like an ingrate if I were to minimize or trivialize the impact these papers have made on my growth and understanding of His Word.

No one in my (almost) 53 years of being on this earth has come close to sharing with me the liberating knowledge that Bible Truths has provided.

For that I thank God,

Joe

hebrewroots98

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 06:59:38 PM »

Ditto and Amen and I Absolutely agree with all of you here. :D 
We must be very careful to not follow a man; but if his teachings are of God, then it would behoov us to learn from the teacher.  In this case...God has blessed me beyond words as to the life changing and mind altering and heart softening touch that Ray's teachings have brough into my life.  One day I will be able to thank Ray (in person) for his diligence to study out these hard spiritual issues and to thank him for  his unselfish sharing of these bible truths with those of us that are seeking only the truth.  (Thank You Yeshua for putting this humble man in our lives!)  And thank you all who have put this forum together and for all of you that help to maintain it everyday!  Your work does not go unnoticed) ;)

Brett

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 07:37:51 PM »

Good post, Sorin.

I see that Ray never have goal anyone to follow him as others false assumption because they have not see any of Ray's letters. He always showing of God's words, the real words. And even he always mentioned  Jesus is the Savior WHOLE world. He loves the truth as we do, too. That is simple. ;)

Brett :)

iris

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 09:26:14 PM »

I agree too, great posts from all.  :)

Because of God leading me to Bible-Truths
i have been able to have a full banquet meal
every day, and it just keeps coming.
Thanks Ray for all your hard work.

Iris

Kat

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 12:14:34 AM »

Ray is not seeking a following.  Ray has been given a gift of decerning the scripture, and is sharing the understnading that God has given him.  This has brought a lot of condemnation on him, because people do not believe the scripture.  He has repeated time and again for someone to prove him wrong with two scripture.  No one has done this, because they can't. 

There are some who God leads to find bibletruth and He begins revealing the truth to them through Ray's teaching.  This is the way God has determined to do it.

1Co 1:21  For since, in the wisdom of God, the world by wisdom did not know God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save those who believe.

I look on Ray as a brother in Christ.  He knows a great deal more than I, so I study what he writes to learn what the scriptures say.  Maybe in a way I am a follower/imitator of Ray, because I would like to imitate how he serves Christ.  Ray studies and works on his papers constantly, hours every day.  As Paul said;

1Co 11:1  Be imitators of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Christ is first in my life, anyone that helps me get closer to Christ is someone I want to be apart of my life.  I am so blessed to know Ray, but he is not like a leader or superior, he's my friend.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Joey Porter

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 12:42:37 AM »

L. Ray Smith certainly has been an instrumental vessel in all of our lives as we come into a deeper understanding of bible truths!  We all should thank God for this man.

But in keeping with the topic of the thread, I will follow that up with a friendly reminder that we all must be vigilant that we do not fall into the trap of following any man.  It does take deep careful inspection of ourselves to make sure that we do not do that. 

Remember that nearly the whole Christian world believes they ''only follow the bible'' or ''only follow Christ,'' but as we know they deceive themselves because they follow their traditions and denominational teachings.

Also remember that in Revelation John fell at the angel's feet to worship him.  That happened for a reason - as an example to us of how easily we can also begin to exalt man and traditions above God.  :)

DWIGHT

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 03:52:32 AM »

Hi all,

We have been accused of being followers of a man.  I have always heard that we should never follow man and perhaps in most cases that's true.  But, the scriptures also teach this....

"14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Rom. 10:14-17

"I" Corinthians 1:21 - For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe."

I'm like Arcturus, I have no desire to follow the man Ray Smith, my desire is to follow the Christ in Ray Smith.

12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul." I Cor. 12,13

Just following a man will produce nothing except division and strife; so we must always heed the word of the Lord, "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." Matt: 7:20.

I have seen a lot of good fruit being produced here, so I think I'll just follow along.

In Him,

Dwight

PKnowler

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 05:01:26 AM »

I marvel at how like God it is to use a man of no reputation, or seminary degree, but a roofer, to teach and give revelation of His word.

I remember the first letters I read on Ray's site. The letter to Hagee and Kennedy. I knew that my paradigm was shifting because I was reading truth like I never had before. To me it was so plain it was indisputable. I was blown away by the spiritual wisdom and insight into God's word. I treaded carefully not sure what to think about Ray's writings at first but so awe inspired that I continued to read with fervor.

I came upon Ray's website as I was looking for information on God's sovereignty. I was having a hard time with the teachings of the church. I knew there was something missing. I remember watching a show called word pictures that touched on God's sovereignty but left me starving and my questions unanswered. I just didn't understand how we were suppose to choose God when no one can come to God unless He draws them. In reading Ray's writings he answered those questions and more that I've had that didn't make sense from Christiandom's teaching.

Before the Bible was like a book of contradictions that didn't make sense unless you discounted a part of scripture, which is what denominations do. I love how Ray explains the congruency of the Scriptures through teaching us The TWELVE GOD-GIVEN TRUTHS TO UNDERSTAND HIS WORD.

I am so thankful for the work that Ray has done for the Lord in bringing these truths to us. I notice many places I go on the internet I see ads for Bible-Truths. Ray has invested a lot of time and resources to bring these truths to us! God Bless you Ray!

I am also blessed by the moderators who take their time to moderate these boards. I'm sure that it is a great sacrifice of their time. Thank you and Bless you for the work you are doing.

I follow Christ as Ray has helped further reveal Him to me.

gmik

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 11:19:26 AM »

Amen and Amen!!

ARe there chosen in every generation??  Who was their "Ray Smith"??

Prosizz

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 12:07:58 PM »

I like the fact that Sorin posted it just because it helps us realize that Ray is just a vessel and it is God who is actually teaching us. It is a reminder for us to beware of cult of personality. The tendency to Adore Ray because of the gift  God bestowed  on him is ever present as it is in every walk of life when people are worship because of a gift or a talent received from God.

dogcombat

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 12:10:45 PM »

EXCELLENT Point Pro

Ches

skydreamers

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 12:49:41 PM »

I don't see myself as a follower of Ray either but more of a follower of the wisdom and insight God has graciously bestowed on him.  I feel tremendously blessed for the opportunity to take advantage of this.  It's not as if these truths were given to him all at once in one unbelievable prophetic vision.  According to Ray, much struggle, time, prayer, reflection and study has been involved in what he's learned.  I know I cannot bypass everything, but if God can use Ray to show me and others truths in a fraction of the time God took to show it to Ray, then PRAISE GOD!  I know I still need to have patience but I'm getting up there in age and I don't want to waste anymore time believing lies, so studying Ray's material is like a well illustrated map to all the treasures...you still have to do the work in hunting (studying Ray's material and looking up all the scripture) but at least you have a guide to point you in the right direction. 

Ray says it so well himself in this email:

Dear Ambrose:

I sometimes spent five or ten hours on one word or phrase in the Scriptures. Sometimes weeks. Sometimes I entertain a thought or Scriptural phrase FOR YEARS AND YEARS before God opens my understanding to it. Then I take twenty minutes to write it down in a paragraph. Why would not rather read my paragraph than take YEARS AND YEARS to come to the same understanding by your own independent study?  I wish I had someone to go to like me to learn the things that often take me years to learn. Have you read all of the material on my site at least three times? Do you UNDERSTAND all of the material on my site?  Then maybe you need to start reading again. Paul told timothy to STUDY. If it didn't require study, then I don't think Paul would have told Timothy to study, nor would Paul have (in his old age) requested that they bring him the scrolls that he left behind.  Also trust me when I tell you that a lot of great study tools will not teach you the truths of the Scriptures . Most Bible Scholars have a hundred times more Biblical study aids than I have.  Only God can show you His Truths. Study aids can help verify those truths, but those study aids will not teach you spiritual truths.

God be with you,

Ray

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3700.0.html

Peace and God Bless, Diana 

hillsbororiver

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 12:57:08 PM »

Excellent post Diana,

Thank you,

Joe

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 01:05:56 PM »

There is not a problem adoring Ray if you look at it from this definition of the word.

Main Entry: adore

3 : to be extremely fond of <adores pecan pie>

Ray = pecan pie

I look on Ray as a brother in Christ.  He knows a great deal more than I, so I study what he writes to learn what the scriptures say.  Maybe in a way I am a follower/imitator of Ray, because I would like to imitate how he serves Christ.  Ray studies and works on his papers constantly, hours every day.  As Paul said;

1Co 11:1  Be imitators of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Christ is first in my life, anyone that helps me get closer to Christ is someone I want to be apart of my life.  I am so blessed to know Ray, but he is not like a leader or superior, he's my friend.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Awesome response, Kat.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.