bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Where were you?  (Read 11270 times)

longhorn

Where were you?
« on: March 04, 2007, 11:46:01 PM »

I was trying to think ( Now I know)  what led me to this BT site.?  There was a thread about a year ago that had some very neat post.  There were some that said they typed in a word for "Hell", and  Ray's site came up, but after  reading the  things on BT.com  and regersting ( I cant spell ) when they tried to go back to that site, it had no mention of L. Ray Smith.

I think I typed in the words' Universal Reconcilation"  Anyway,  I was wondering if anyone else had the same situation.  I know God led us all to this site.  Ray's LOF series is so great. 

I cant wait for part D. 

Longhorn

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: Where were you?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 12:10:26 AM »

Longhorn,

Same here.  I am excited for part D as well.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Robin

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 05:04:08 AM »

I tried looking for years for others and couldn't find anyone.
I was looking for a grief poem to use on another forum. I think I typed in "death poem" and found Ray's site.

God spent 5 or 6 years teaching me and my brother and then we went about 10 years without learning very much at all. I was starting to feel abandoned and kind of desperate. 2 weeks before I found BT I prayed that if God had a teacher anywhere in this world that he would lead me to him and here I am.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 08:30:19 AM »

I was trying to think ( Now I know)  what led me to this BT site.?  There was a thread about a year ago that had some very neat post.  There were some that said they typed in a word for "Hell", and  Ray's site came up, but after  reading the  things on BT.com  and regersting ( I cant spell ) when they tried to go back to that site, it had no mention of L. Ray Smith.

I think I typed in the words' Universal Reconcilation"  Anyway,  I was wondering if anyone else had the same situation.  I know God led us all to this site.  Ray's LOF series is so great. 

I cant wait for part D. 

Longhorn

Hello Longhorn,

That fatefull night I was searching for any literature or writings on weather in "the last days," my first attempt was "Revelation Weather" and Ray's site came up. At first I thought it was some bogus christian money machine but just for laughs I checked it out, things have not been the same since.

Interestingly, I have never been able to duplicate the results of that search since.

His Peace to all,

Joe

Kat

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 10:15:40 AM »

Hi longhorn,

It is funny all the different things that lead us to bibletruths.
I was visiting a forum for a tv show 'Lost,' just reading along trying to understand that show.  
And a thread started up about evolution vs creation.  What a debate that was, I did not post but I kept reading it and it went on for weeks.  What I noticed was that most of the Christians that argued were angry and mean.  There was a couple of athists and this one disillusioned Christian from a Moslim background, young and intelligent.  Their argument was much more realistic than the Christians.  This guy was lamblasting the church, about all the things wrong with it, even going back in history with it, and I knew he was right.  What got me to really thinking was the athist said 'if there was a God, that God would not send him to burn forever just because he didn't go along with the crazy christians.'  
That really made me think about things, I went he was right, I had to wake up.  I had been in church a long time and was very disillusioned myself.  So I got on the internet and was searching for, I don't remember what, something about hell I guess.  I found bibletruths.  
I went throught about 6 or 7 of intense study and one prfound revealation after the other.  When I got through studing everything on the site, I needed something else.  I did not think a forum was something I could really get into  ::)  Oh well I registered 7 months ago and I don't think I've missed a day on here yet  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

gmik

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 11:15:35 AM »

I had really been bored at church & life etc...almost to the point of questioning the whole thing.  I started reading sites from ancient history and early church fathers.  I got really interested in all that and couldn't read enough.  I read a book by a pastor named ...Bell, and his book had "Elvis" in the title.  He had started a BIG seeker church and he was very cutting edge(Ithougth). 

At the same time, over in Africa, my son had gone to a church w/ a daughter of a friend of mine who just "Happened" to be a missionary in Kampala.  The church so turned him off that he didn't even want to see the girl again.  Here in an African church all they talked about was people going to hell!  He went and typed in hell and got Ray's site.  He emailed me very excited and then I checked it out.  That was in early fall of 2005.  Somehow we both knew this was the real deal!!

Funny, I had never had any conscious ideas that hell was wrong or anything...but when I saw it, deep deep within I KNEW THAT I KNEW ALL ALONG.  I jumped up, my chair goes falling backward, and I was shouting and praising the Lord.  A month or so later, by the time I found out I was the beast of Rev., I did the same thing, jumping, shouting, chair falling over......  It has been a wild ride ever since.

My husband has absorbed it from me like a sponge-(he can/t sit at computer and read so long), my son, and me. We 3 even made it to a conference.
My other two kids have eagerly accepted ALL will be saved-they like that.  But have made us stop talking to them about everything else.  They were upset(still are) when we quit church.  I am praying their eyes will open.

LittleBear

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 03:50:16 PM »

I have no idea how I specifically got on to BT. I'm still amazed that I started reading. But when I did, I couldn't stop. That was about 2 years ago. I wasn't going to church, I was disillusioned with it. At that time, I was confused about my theology, and I was looking into other writings, thinking I must be missing something. I was starting to look into the gnostic gospels, which didn't make any sense to me and other writings. I got desperate with God and begged Him to show me His truth. I think that's how I got onto Bible Truths, looking for the truth. And boy, did I find it!

I was so grateful and overwhelmed with joy. It was one truth after another and it felt like it was all absolute common sense and absolutely right! I would talk to God about all these things I learned, and beg Him to show me more.

Ursula

DWIGHT

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 07:48:55 PM »

Hey Longhorn,

I was reading my thirty-something year old bible and it began to literally fall apart.  So I went to Google and type in the word bible and on the right hand side of the screen it said, "there is no hell, and I can prove it."  It's not there now, but this was last March of 2006, and I haven't been the same since. ;D

Dwight

rick

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 08:28:32 PM »

I begged and pleaded with God for the past 12 years to allow me to know the truth. I was at the point of desperation when I stumbled upon Rays writings. I knew that the local baptist church I was attending was not teaching the truth but till I came to Rays site, I had no idea what the truth was. I was so excited after just a few weeks of  reading. little did I know when I started to share this truth in sunday school (I was the sub teacher) that I would run into a brick wall and Have to eventually leave. Little did I know when I shared this new found truth with my co-workers I would be labeled an infidel and needed to get saved before it was eternally too late. Little did I know when I announced the TRUTH OF GODS WORD to my very own family, I would be laughed at and looked at with such sceptitism. I begged God for the truth but knowing the truth is not what I thought it would be. it is sort of lonely knowing the truth.............rick

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 09:06:16 PM »

After years of being in bondage to the doctrines of the JW's, the Lord placed it in my heart to search for the real truth.  I became preoccupied with searching for the "remnant" church of Christ on earth today.  I started thinking of myself as a "truth-seeker".  I spent hours on various "christian" websites doing research on their doctrines and beliefs.  Nothing was ringing true.  Almost all of these sites had something to sell.  I kept typing various phrases using the word "truth" and along the way I came across BT.com.  At first glance I was a little startled by the bold title of the essay "You Fools, You Hypocrites....".  I also remember seeing an essay on Tithing, a subject a relative of mine wanted to know more about.  

Once I started reading, I couldn't stop.  I knew in my spirit that this was truth.  I was home!  That was August, 2005.

Rene'

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 11:14:45 PM »

I was really caught up in the prosperity doctrine; and having to eat bologna so there would be enough money to give.
I was planning on giving to Copeland & Dollar; did a search and the only thing my eyes could see was the link to the tithing article at Bible-Truths. I hesitated for a couple of minutes and finally clicked on the link. That was July 05'.
I was traveling alot anyway, so I decided to go and "check out" this L. Ray Smith fella when the news was posted about a conference in Mobile. Coincidence that the conference was the weekend before I had to be on the East Coast? (NOT)
Coincidence that the 06' conference was the weekend before I had to be on the East Coast? (NOPE)

I really felt uncomfortable that first day at the conference in 05'. My head was spinning so much.
But one thing I saw right off the bat; this man was genuine and backed up everything he said with Scripture. His love will rub off on you big time if you ever get the chance to meet him in person.

I could not wait to share my new knowledge, even being cautioned verbally, and with Scripture, that I would be hated and cursed. Man, I had no clue how bad it would be.
Since being drawn to B-T's, I have told many friends and family about the site; even printed about 200 pages to give to someone and never heard from them again. I know of only one that has gone to the site and read some of the material. 

BIG hug out to everyone.
Patrick

longhorn

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 11:22:07 AM »

Neat Post Everyone...  These stories remind me of a thread a while back that had some interesting  post where someone would "type" in a word, and  Rays site came up, but the next time they tried to key in the same word, the BT site did not appear.

Longhorn

dogcombat

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 11:55:18 AM »

I was doing a search on Tithing and I saw at the top to the Google search "Tithing is Unscriptural Under The New Covenant".  After clicking on the link and reading the article and a few NASTY (to put it mildly) emails to Ray.  I felt that this guy (Ray) KNOWS what he's talking about. 

Before then I would read a chapter a day and think I could get it.  WRONG!!!  Since reading the papers on the BT site, I've learned (THANK YOU JESUS!!)  that only God can call me in to a study of His truths.  He has to teach me to trust in His ability to do that (with God ALL things are possible) which I can NEVER do on my own.  Not that I agree with everything Ray has written to begin with.  But it's when the Lord removes the veil from my eyes (in God's appointed time), usually from the 2nd or 5th reading of the papers, that I see His truths as written through Ray.  For Ray is a vessel that was chosen to do what he has been called to do.   

Ches

iris

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 01:12:10 PM »

I too am looking forward to part D!!!  ;D

If its got 70 pages already, its going to be

a real goody. I can't wait to read it.

Iris

rk12201960

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 06:19:07 PM »

Hi Iris.
I'm also looking foward to Rays part d.
I kinda was dragged here. After hitting every tree in the forest I gave up, and thats when God brought me here.
It wasn't easy being a woodduck.  ;D
Your brother
Randy   8)

skydreamers

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 03:11:07 AM »

Hi Longhorn,

Wow, great thread.  I love reading everybody's stories of how they got here.  It's so fascinating how God can just pluck you out of whatever point you are in your life and say "Okay, it's time for some truth now!"  Very Cool.

Having come from a background in the SDA church I didn't believe in eternal hell fire but rather anihillation.  However, I had not been going to church for some time (about a year) as I was going through what I thought to be a real spiritual dry spell.  No interest.  Zippo.  Then one day, almost suddenly, things changed and I started doing research on the internet on various topics.  It started with wanting to understand Daniel and Revelation (there is a lot of end-time prophecy in the SDA).  From there I spent several months getting into all sorts of bizarre studies and information, from the Serpent Seedline to the Reptillian Conspiracy to the Pauline Conspiracy theories....I mean some really crazy stuff.  I was just all over the place to the point that I really didn't know what in the world the truth was.  Some groups out there can "seemingly" back up their theories with scripture etc. and it can make your head spin. 

Anyways, I really got the sense that God was pulling the rug out from under me but I had no idea yet what he really had in store for me.  I realized I didn't understand the bible at all and started thinking that it was really impossible to know any truth, since so many people could take scripture and make it mean whatever they wanted!  I was exasperated. 

Somehow though I just knew that God would not have made some torture chamber of fire, and I clung to that.  I also firmly believed that the dead aren't floating around in heaven or roasting in hell.  I started begging God to show me HIS TRUTH no matter what the cost.  At the time, I started returning to SDA doctrine and studying it out.  I figured this is how He led me to be a Christian in the first place, maybe he wanted me to get back to Church!  I also determined to do as much research as possible to show my hell-believing sister-in-law that hell didn't actually exist.  I knew about Hades, Sheol, Gehenna etc and i was doing research on that so I think I must have typed in one of those words.  And that's what finally led me to bibletruths. 

Oh boy, I remember physically shaking and trembling at times and like many of you I just could not stop reading until I had the whole site read (I think it took me about six months).  I was speed reading.  And  I wonder how I missed so much when I go back for re-reads!!  haha  There really is just a feeling in the depth of your soul that this is different, that you really are on to something, and that God has answered your prayer.  It's amazing how much I keep learning.  You think you understand something and then God takes you to a deeper level of understanding.  Awesome!

God Bless Ray and God Bless this Forum, peace,
Diana 

PKnowler

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 05:03:09 AM »

I’ve heard a saying before it goes something like this: Change only happens when the pain of holding on is greater than the fear of letting go.

Before I came to Ray's website I was at a place where the pain had gotten so great in my life that I could no longer hold onto my old ideas of God and religion. I was willing to let go of all that I had known to find truth!  If I had not been at that place I would never have read Ray’s writing because he challenged my Orthodoxy on several counts! I was so in awe of Ray's writing it was like nothing I had ever read before. I knew in my spirit that it was truth! But I read cautiously because I didn’t want to believe a lie.
 I didn't want to believe everything he said without checking it out for myself. I spent a lot of time looking up ALL the scriptures and using the Greek and Hebrew Dictionaries and Lexicons to look up the word definitions. My husband use to tease me that I was a "wanna be" Bible scholar.

I actually spent several YEARS reading Ray’s writings. I started reading way back before he had a forum, even before the yahoo group. There were times I would have to take a break because it was too much for me to digest. Sometimes I thought I understood Ray's writing and Bible Truths. I would try and tell my husband these truths but I would later get frustrated by a new scripture that I couldn't seem to fit. I would throw up my hands in frustration and announce to my husband that I don't know anything!

But I would always feel drawn to come back and read some more. I spent about 3 years reading before most of my questions were answered. It has only been in the last year that I finally have peace with my questions and have felt comfortable seeking like minded fellowship. I’ve been a member of the forum for a while but it would only be to pop in to ask a question. That’s selfish, I know, but I had nothing to contribute at the time. I was still learning. To parallel that I starting pulling away from my church around the same time I started reading Ray’s website, because of my lack of peace That's another whole story!

When all else fails become a nonconformist! ;D Now I only go to church when my husband prompts me that he wants to go. I go out of respect for him.I'm curious about what God has for our future. It's like we are in this place of limbo, but that's alright with me.  ;)

I am very much looking forward to part D of Hell! I can't wait! THANK YOU RAY! GOD BLESS YOU!  :)

« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 05:17:25 AM by PKnowler »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007, 10:18:19 AM »

To All,

I am posting my journey to BT and the forum under the topics of In Pursuit of the Truth series.  Bear with me as I am quite busy and I will have time this weekend and next week to post these things.  I was orginally going to respond in this thread, but God has led me to share my story as well.
And as it is quite long, I decided to post it under different threads, got the idea from Joe.  Joe great testimony story by the way, and I enjoyed reading every part to it.  Thanks for sharing all of your stories guys and gals.  It is a blessing to hear of others journies to the Truth and to blissful freedom.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

rk12201960

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 07:33:02 PM »

Hi Paula,
Its do good to have you here. I'm glad God drug you here like most. You guys have really became part of my family.
I look foward to getting home from work to see how everyone is doing and read the truths God is showing everyone.
 8)
Anne,
when I first came here I remember your posts over all teh others because you really poured you heart out.  ;D

It truly is a blessing to be around all of you. We all fit together because God is the tie that binds us all. Its good to know we will be brothers and sisters forever.

Many years from now we will have this memory to tell all of Gods creations about the time He built his famioy.
Love and blessings everyone.
Randy  ;D 8)

Mickyd

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2007, 11:06:20 AM »

I got to Ray's web sight in a differant way than most of you here.

I was doing some research on the use of religion as a form of social control by governments throughout the centuries. This naturaly lead me to the doctrine of eternal punishment. I typed in the word "Hell" and the first page on the list was Bibletruths.com.

I had never believed in hell....but
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 23 queries.