bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where were you?  (Read 11271 times)

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: Where were you?
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2007, 05:13:29 PM »

Randy,

Thanks so much for the kind words that you wrote.  They mean a lot to me.  Many of my posts are written with my heart at my fingertips, becuase I wish to be open and transparent and truly wish that the love of Christ shines through me more and more, and myself shines with him as One with Him.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2007, 12:10:46 AM »

I got to Ray's web sight in a differant way than most of you here.

I was doing some research on the use of religion as a form of social control by governments throughout the centuries. This naturaly lead me to the doctrine of eternal punishment. I typed in the word "Hell" and the first page on the list was Bibletruths.com.

I had never believed in hell....but

COOL 8)

PKnowler

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2007, 12:12:22 AM »

Hey Randy,

Thank you for being so kind. 'm glad that God drug you here too! I enjoy your fellowship. I consider this my family too, you all are my brothers and sisters in Christ. I consider this fellowship my church and my home on the web. I love hearing testimonies and what God is doing in your lives. I look forward to learning new truths, encouraging one another, and talking about how to apply what we learn as we walk with Christ daily.  :)

hebrewroots98

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2007, 05:33:58 AM »

Hello everyone, (it is 1;30 AM and I just wanted to read a bit before I went to bed; I will have more time this week to get back into the swing of things now that all projects are done in the homeschooling dept.; nest is spring cleaning ::)

My story is this:  2 yrs ago after my dh got electrocuted and I was desperate for a 'pastor' from the Messianic church (that we had been a part of for several years) to come to the trauma center burn unit at the hospital  (and annoint my husband with oil and pray over him) and the pastor was too busy working and making money, well, my disapointment in him was so great that I made him cry over it.  I couldnt get over the fact that there was not any true church that I knew of that expemplified the New Testament's example of LOVE.  I was afraid that if this happened again (Lord forbid) that there would be noone spiritual or caring enough to come to my spiritual rescue...well, for the next year I begged God to show me HIS truths b/c I was tired of fake believers whom didn't really love the truth with all of their hearts (I was inspecting the fruits of their lives.)  (I now know that God has to open their eyes first.)

Finally while doing a fundraiser, three of us put together a formal dinner with a representative/guest speaker who was here from Israel,  a Messianic dance group from out of state for the entertainment and then a silent auction of donated items that we raised form local businesses and individuals...all of this in in order to raise money for the Gaza Strip homeless Israelis whom got ousted when they were forced to give up their land  for 'peace'; (in which we were blessed to raise $40,000.00 to send to them!!!!!)  So, after calling an old friend (whom I had called to see if she would be interested to come to the banquet or to donate), she began telling me all about all of these new things that she was learning.  What she was saying (was from L.Ray Smiths' site on LOF), in which the truths I could not deny!!!!  We literally talked for a couple of hours...it was a great beginning; then I checked it out for myself.  I finally feel completely like a daughter of the KING now!)

So, it was a year ago (Jan. that I kept making excuses for not wanting to go to church (DH would get upset but, he was the drummer and had to go...), It took me 3 months of daily reading of enough of his materials to really be able to see the TRUTH FOR ONCE;  and during that time, I was in the middle of planning for the meal at our annual PASSOVER dinner (for about 130 people) when GOD would not allow me to go any further.  I literally had to call my 'brethren' and tell them that God has pulled me off of this committee ( in the middle of planning for it) and that HE will not allow me to plan or participate in Passover this year.  They thought I was crazy, of course...but, I was actually relieved.  That was the last thing that I ever had to do with the organised church and my dh came out about 2 months later.   

DH and I have read Bt's on our own and then when HE brought us to the understanding of a certain truth, then we would share it w/ each other ...we would get soooo excited!!!  Everything started making sense finally!  We were so happy and thankful to be set free finally.  So dh and I and our son are all equally yoked (Praise God).  And the pain that we have suffered was from sharing these truths and learning that these 'beleivers' and family members are denying HIS truths; as I had expected that response from the world, but really, the wordly people seem to have no problems with it!  We have been blesssed to actually have the discernment to know/see the reasons as to why people were rejecting these wonderful truths; we could actually know what kept them from wanting the whole truth (usually money, family traditions, too lazy to change; and ignorant of the scriptures.)  We were amazed at the amount of people whom God has kept their eyes closed for now (I even spoke w/ a Dr. of divinity and his eyes were shut.)  Truly amazing to me.  The more that I read, the more I see that HE wants the motives of the hearts and obedience, and not works.    It is such a narrow road to walk, it can get very lonely.  So I thank HIm for sending yall to me!!!

(nite nite for now...as I have both eyes in one socket at this very moment... :o 

gmik

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2007, 12:01:06 AM »

Thank you so much Susan for sharing.  You are a dear sister to us!!  To you and DH and Daniel.  (psssss....to some of you DH=dear hubby ;))

luv ya!!!

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2007, 08:44:24 AM »

Susan,

What a great story dear sister, and it is still being written.  I am so sry for missing your calls yesterday.  I slept from 2 am to 2 pm yesterday, got up for a few hours, and slept until now LOL.  It was great.  So I am awake, alive, and enthusiastic this morning, even though I probably will go to sleep after some more internet work.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

P.S. Sister, your journey has been so amazing, it is great to see how you have grown from the day that you logged onto this forum and now. 

ACM
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.