bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 6883 times)

cherokee

« on: March 05, 2007, 11:36:08 AM »

Hello.
      My name is Suzie. I joined the forum in January and this is my first post. I live in Kentucky. I was taught the bible as a young child and taken to church. I went off and on as a teen and adult. As an adult, I just knew there was more to God's word then what I was being taught. I even studied with Jehovah's Witnesses for awhile, but still felt their teaching wasn't quite right. So, I went to my computer and started searching for the truth. I just knew it was out there somewhere. I started by typing (bible truths) in the search engine. I found many that claimed to teach the truth but just did not explain how they came by it. Then I checked Bible-Truths.com, the more I read, the more I came to understand and the more the bible made sense. Mr. Smith explains things in a way that even a child could understand. I have read all of the articles and the emails on his site, but wanted to know more. I seen the link to this forum at the bottom of the site and that there were more of his emails posted here. I have never been a member of a forum before so this is a new experience for me. We just recently got DSL and now I will be able to listen to the audio's. I am looking forward to hearing them and getting to know everyone here. May the Lord continue to bless Mr. Smith's, his web site, this forum and increase our understanding of his word.

Suzie 

gmik

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 11:51:56 AM »

Yeeeaaaaa Suzie.  I was born in Paintsville.  Anywhere near you?  Most of my relatives live in Ashland now.  Me, I am up in Michigan.

I had read a lot of the Bible-truth site before I even noticed there was a forum.  I had never been on one either.  Keep posting, it gets easier each time!!

So glad to have you join in!!!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 02:28:18 PM by gmik »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 11:59:59 AM »

Suzie,

Welcome to the forum.  Glad you decided to post.  I look forward to getting to know you through your posts and such.  As you probably are aware there are many wonderful people here and great stuff to learn. So make yourself comfortable and get ready for this wonderful journey on this side of heaven.   :D

Look forward to hearing from you.  May God bless You and Yours.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

iris

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 12:01:34 PM »

Hi Suzie,

Welcome to the forum!
There's so much you can learn,
so make yourself at home.

Iris

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 04:20:31 PM »

Hi Suzie,

Welcome to the Forum.  Just like you, this is the first Forum I have joined.  I have no regrets.  It is a pleasure and a blessing to get to know like-minded people.  Also, I was once a JW.  No truth there!

Once again, welcome and I look forward to reading your posts.

Rene'

rjsurfs

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 10:38:35 PM »

Welcome !   :)

gmik

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 10:55:01 PM »

Bobby I love that avatar!!

Kat

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 01:48:24 AM »

Hi Suzie,

I am so glad you have joined us here at the forum  :)
You will find we have really great fellowship here.
If you have any questions just start a topic,
we have a lot of people to give you many perspectives.
Join in on the discussion on any of the threads,
make a few comments and it will help you get started.
So join in soon.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

DWIGHT

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 12:28:36 PM »

Hi Suzie,

Welcome in he name of Jesus.  I'm so glad your'e here with us.

Your brother in Christ,

Dwight

LittleBear

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 04:03:31 PM »

Hi Suzie,

Welcome. It will be nice to get to know you. Like you, this is my first forum ever. I just love being here and it's so nice to be with people who are like minded. Like many here, I don't have anyone to share these truths with, so this forum is precious.

God Bless you,

Ursula

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 06:01:42 PM »

Hello Suzie

Welcome! It is wonderful to know that you have studied all of Ray's written teachings. His Audio's are very good too because they show his mood that often can be mis-read as angry when in fact they are not at all! they are clear refutations of error and deceptive thinking that some people try to challenge Ray with. They do not succeed because Ray is established in the truth of Christ.

We are llike minded here because we all agree with what we have been taught and the Forum is a good place to practise what we know and share between one another. There is every opportunity here to fellowship in lightness of heart or seriousness in effort to understand and come to know God better. It is a wonderful place to be and is a true blessing!

Enjoy!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

cherokee

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 06:42:59 PM »

Thanks for the great welcome everyone.  :) It's going to be nice to have others to talk to and ask questions.

Also wanted to let Gena know that I do not live close to Paintsville. I live in Casey County. Its in south central Ky.

We just recently got DSL so now I can listen to the audo's. Dial-up was just to slow to download them. I know some thought Ray's articals came across as angry, but I just didn't see it, guess I'm more like minded than I thought, because I thought they were perfect.

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 07:25:06 PM »

Wecome Suzie,

GBU   Sandie
Walk in the Spirit

skydreamers

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2007, 02:01:17 AM »

Hi Suzie,

Welcome,  took me a little while before I started posting as well...I'm a little shy by nature....okay ALOT shy...so it took my a while to bite the bullet and start posting.  But now I understand our Creator made me the way I am, and just as glorious is that everyone here understands that God has made us and we are a work in progress.  What drew (or "dragged") me to start posting more was the feeling that most here are truly seeking for the truth of God, and able to accept at the same time the fact that we still are at different points of our walk with our Savior.....as humans, we are often governed by emotions, but I truly sense that at the core of this forum we all desire to build each other up, comfort and share!  I know it's weird to experience this in "cyberland" without ever having it in the supposed "real" church world.  Never fit in there.  May not fit in here either.  But that's okay, we're all black sheep, or more accurately "lost" sheep, who can at the end of the day have confindence that our shepard WILL find us and bring us back into the fold!!!  How awesome is that! 

Peace and love to you,
Diana       

gmik

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2007, 02:49:41 PM »

Diana, I cannot believe you are shy.  I enjoy your posts so much.  Thanks for biting the bullet.  We are not a closed little clique here.  The more the merrier-and the more I learn from everyone.  Its win-win.

;D

PKnowler

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2007, 02:42:21 PM »

Hi Suzie,

Welcome to the forum! I'm so glad you decided to join us. Come on in and make yourself at home.
This is a great place for like minded fellowship after reading Ray's writings.  :)
I look forward to getting to know you.

rick

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2007, 11:14:32 PM »

Hello.
      My name is Suzie. I joined the forum in January and this is my first post. I live in Kentucky. I was taught the bible as a young child and taken to church. I went off and on as a teen and adult. As an adult, I just knew there was more to God's word then what I was being taught. I even studied with Jehovah's Witnesses for awhile, but still felt their teaching wasn't quite right. So, I went to my computer and started searching for the truth. I just knew it was out there somewhere. I started by typing (bible truths) in the search engine. I found many that claimed to teach the truth but just did not explain how they came by it. Then I checked Bible-Truths.com, the more I read, the more I came to understand and the more the bible made sense. Mr. Smith explains things in a way that even a child could understand. I have read all of the articles and the emails on his site, but wanted to know more. I seen the link to this forum at the bottom of the site and that there were more of his emails posted here. I have never been a member of a forum before so this is a new experience for me. We just recently got DSL and now I will be able to listen to the audio's. I am looking forward to hearing them and getting to know everyone here. May the Lord continue to bless Mr. Smith's, his web site, this forum and increase our understanding of his word.

Suzie 

hello suzie. and welcome. hope you find your way around and I look forward to getting to know you. God bless .........rick

hebrewroots98

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 12:10:31 AM »

Welcome, Suzie!!  (Nice name ;)This is Susan here.  Where in Kentucky are you from?  I am here in West Texas; I hope you find all that you desire here...it is meat for sure ;D :P :P ::)

joyful1

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 12:00:48 PM »

:D welcome SUZIE! Glad you are here! What part of the Lake of Fire interested you the most?
Joyce
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.