bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Earrings  (Read 5586 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Earrings
« on: March 05, 2007, 08:42:55 PM »

Good Morning Mr. Ray,

I have a few questions to ask you.

1.  I would like to know if it is okay for christian men to wear earrings?  Also, during biblical day, did men
where earrings?  Is it a sin for men to wear earrings?

2.  During biblical days, did people do body piercings and should christians have body piercings?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Audrey

Dear Audrey:

Only the Revisied Standard Version, New English Bible and a few use the word "tatoo." "You shall not make any gashes in your flesh for the dead or TATOO any marks upon you: am the Lord" (Lev. 19:28). And the piercing of an ear was the sign that one was the servant of another man (Deut. 15:17).

Earrings are first mentioned in 35:4 where they were part and partial with the foreign pagan gods and idols. Both the idol gods and the rings in their ears were used in pagan idol worship.

Of course, we might also discover that these same pagans wore shoes. Is it a sin to wear shoes, seeing that the pagans wore them before the Christians?

I just don't get involved in such things. Everyone must determine some of this stuff for themselves. A little modest makeup improves virtually all women's appearance, but too much makes them look like ancient pagan Egyptian women--the sporting kind.  'Nough said.

God be with you,

Ray 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.