bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No more agonizing.  (Read 3975 times)

Phazel

No more agonizing.
« on: April 10, 2006, 12:59:31 PM »

I hope I do not overstate things about my upbringing.  I just find it interesting how I think differently now.

For instance.   I grew up in the "once saved always saved" kind of thinking.   But, there was still a catch.   Often when someone who had said they was a christian did something displeasing.  (like get a divorce, etc , etc)

I would occasionally hear,  "Well, they must of not really been saved"

Now  this weighs heavily on a kid sometimes causing one to question salvation  when you would fail at things.    It would cause me to be scared that my family and friends might not actually be saved cause they would do things wrong.

Thank Goodness I have been able to shed that questioning once and for all.   We still can hope our own and others walks takes us through a journey to perfection that is the least  painful,  but no longer to I wonder if I  (anyone, or my loved ones)  missed the boat and will be damned  forever with no chance of  experiencing Gods love despite our best efforts.

I hope we can teach as many people possible, this truth.

love_magnified

No more agonizing.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 04:26:46 PM »

The fact that I now understand that salvation is a daily walk, has cleared up alot in me. If someone asks me if I am saved, I say "Every day." You only lose your salvation if you stop listening to God, and losing your salvation has to do with slavery to the wrong thing.

orion77

No more agonizing.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 08:49:42 PM »

Lev 26:12
I will walk about in your midst and will be your Elohim and you, you shall be My people.

Lev 26:13
I, Yahweh, am your Elohim Who brought you forth from the land of Egypt, from being servants to them. I have broken the slider bars of your yoke and enabled you to walk upraised.

Jer 28:2
 `Thus spoke Yahweh of Hosts, Elohim of Israel, saying, I have broken the yoke of the king of Babylon;

Mt 11:29
Lift My *yoke upon you and be learning from Me, thatfor meek am I and humble in *heart, and you shall be finding rest in your *souls,

Mt 11:30
for My *yoke is kindly and My *load is light."

Gal 5:1
For *freedom Christ frees us! |Stand firm, then, and be not again |enthralled~ with the yoke of slavery.

The yoke of babylon and the yoke of Christ...big difference...whole lot lighter and a whole lot easier.  Now lest we forget the kindness given us, we should be kind to our brethren and sisters.

God bless,

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.