bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SATAN ALWAYS SHOWS UP WHERE HE IS NEEDED  (Read 5138 times)

hillsbororiver

SATAN ALWAYS SHOWS UP WHERE HE IS NEEDED
« on: March 06, 2007, 10:32:14 AM »

This is a portion of Ray's article "The Lucifer Hoax and the Mission of Satan" (Lake of Fire Part IX)

http://bible-truths.com/lake9.html

SATAN ALWAYS SHOWS UP WHERE HE IS NEEDED

Satan entered Eden as "that Old Serpent [Satan]" and deceived Eve to eat of the forbidden fruit. Satan didn’t sneak into the garden against God’s will. He performed a needful task with our first parents. God knew what Satan was going to do to Adam and Eve. God did not try to prevent it. It is all part of God’s master plan.

Just as God has provided food for mankind, He has also provided food for Satan. And just what kind of food does Satan dine on?  Satan dines on mankind.

"And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because you have done this, you are cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon your belly shall you go, and DUST SHALL YOU EAT all the days of your life" (Gen. 3:14).

This is, of course a parable. That "serpent" in the garden was none other than

"…that OLD SERPENT, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceives the whole world…" (Rev. 12:9).

And this is the same serpent that "deceived" Eve.

Man is the "dust of the earth" upon which Satan dines: "The first man [Adam] is of the earth, earthy [dust]…" (I Cor. 15:47). Man IS ‘dust.’

"…for DUST you are, and unto DUST shall you return" (Gen. 3:19).

When God told the serpent devil Satan that he would eat DUST, He was telling him that he would eat MAN (adam). And this is exactly what Peter tells us in his epistle:

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour [Gk: swallow down/eat]" (I Pet. 5:8).

Satan dines and thrives on the meat of the "carnal [Greek: sarx; flesh] mind [which] is enmity [hostility/hatred] against God: for it is not subject to the [spiritual] law of God, neither indeed can be" (Rom. 8:7).

Satan does not seek to devour everyone for food; only those who are carnally [fleshly] minded represent a great steak dinner to him.

Satan even had King David for dinner:

"And SATAN stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel" (I Chron. 21:1).

But always remember, Satan never operates beyond his God-given parameters as we will see in the case of Job.

God gave Satan charge over Job, his body, and all his possessions, to try him severely before God:

"And the Lord said unto SATAN, Behold, he [Job] is in your hand; but save his life" (Job 2:6).

It was GOD’S idea to severely try Job, not Satan’s. But Satan took strict orders from God as to just how he could try Job. Satan got permission from God at each and every step of this severe trying of Job. Do we think God does it differently today? Do we think Satan now has "free reign"- "free will?" Do we think that God "changes?" Nonsense: "For I am the LORD, I change not…" (Mal. 3:6).

David prayed for God to use Satan in judging his enemies:

"Set you a wicked man over him: and let SATAN stand at his right hand" (Psalm 109:6).

Are not these activities of Satan necessary? Does God use Satan for no good purpose? Then why can’t men see that God also CREATED Satan for these very purposes?

Satan is constantly finding fault with God’s Chosen ones: (Bold lettering my own, contemplate this statement)

"And he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and SATAN standing at his right hand to resist [accuse] him" (Zech. 3:1).

Remember, Satan can do NOTHING without God’s approval. When God completed His creating, He said

"And God saw EVERY THING that He had made [including Satan, the Adversary], and, behold, it was VERY GOOD…" (Gen. 1:31).

Satan was not only necessary, but he was, in fact, PERFECT for the job that God created him to fulfill.

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: SATAN ALWAYS SHOWS UP WHERE HE IS NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 12:02:31 PM »

Satan is constantly FINDING FAULT with God's chosen ones, BUT, it is the meat of the "carnal" mind that he dines and thrives on. Satan does not seek to devour everyone for food; only those who are carnally [fleshly] minded represent a great steak dinner to him.
This is an area I may not have had my eyes and ears opened up to completely.
Take Job for example; from my earthly view, Job was a Porterhouse/T-bone steak dinner to Satan. If so, does that mean Job was just "called" (still had a carnal mind) and not "chosen?" Unlike Joshua the High Priest where Satan was just accusing (finding fault), but was not able to devour; Joshua was called?
Must go back and study some more.

I really enjoy The Lucifer Hoax and The Origin Of Sin articles.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 12:04:02 PM by Patrick »

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 12:25:43 PM »

Hi Joe,

Excellent reminder and food for thought (no pun intended).  Satan has feasted on me more times than I care to admit.  I pray that today I will be an overcomer, as I will pray the same for all my brethern.

Peace and His grace to you.

Rene'

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 01:05:16 PM »

Hi Patrick and Rene' great to see two Brethren from the Conference in one place again!  :D

Satan has also had me for lunch all too often Rene' he seems to know exactly where to be in moments of weakness but even if we don't submit to temptations he is very capable of being a royal pain anyway.

Patrick, the men of old (before the ministry and death of Jesus) were under the old covenant of carnal Mosaic Law and did not receive the same promise that those who lived after the crucifixion received, it is amazing to ponder the thought that some of us may have the opportunity to help bring them into the Lord's Kingdom!

Hebrews 11

32And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:

33Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions.

34Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

35Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

36And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

37They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

38(Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

39And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

40God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Peter touches on this as well,

1Pe 1:10  Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Patrick

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 03:27:41 PM »

Joe, I knew that in the back of my mind, thanks for bringing it forward. Poor choice of words once again on my part.

What I'm trying to see is the distinction between being devoured and finding fault in reference to Satan and the men of old.
It's not something I will make myself crazy over, but when I read the topic it stirred up some thoughts.
The main focus right now is re-reading LOF 16 A, B, and C in preparation for Part D. ;D

The most important thing to me about this topic is knowing that Satan can do NOTHING without God’s approval and that God created Satan; And God saw EVERY THING that He had made [including Satan, the Adversary], and, behold, it was VERY GOOD…" (Gen. 1:31).
Satan was not only necessary, but he was, in fact, PERFECT for the job that God created him to fulfill.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 04:12:53 PM »

Hi Patrick,

You are absolutely right, God is perfect so His plan is perfect so everything that is happening fits into His plan perfectly, even Satan.

It is my belief that the devil has been pretty fat, happy & full for the most part, he is, was, will be able to devour everyone but Jesus and those whom Jesus has chosen for His elect. Those in that group will be tormented and tried but not devoured. The physical torments that the "men of old" and Prophets in the OT experienced are shadows of the spiritual torments and trials of God's elect.

This sure is an incredible journey,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 05:37:14 PM »

Hello Joe

A thought provoking and direction inspiring post. Thank you.

Some thoughts....

"Finding fault"…….compares as radically opposite against Titus 1 : 9… He must hold fast to the sure and trustworthy Word of God as he was taught it, SO THAT he may BE ABLE both to give stimulating instruction and encouragement in sound wholesome doctrine and to REFUTE ( not only deny but REFUTE with EVIDENCE)  and convict those who contradict and oppose it, showing the wayward their error. 10 For there are many disorderly and unruly men who are idle vain, empty and misleading talkers and self-deceivers and deceivers of others.  This is true…

Finding fault is as in false witness, with no evidence, hate for God and His word, envy and strife. Like many of Ray’s detractors that come against him and Ray true to Titus 1 : 9 shows his ability to show to be in the wrong all those who find fault with him.

Isaiah 54 : 17 ….every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment you shall show to be in the wrong. This peace, righteousness, security, triumph over opposition is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, those in whom the ideal Servant of the Lord is reproduced; this is the righteousness or the vindication which they obtain from Me, this is that which I impart to them as their justification says the Lord.

Peace to you

Arcturus  :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 05:39:22 PM by Arcturus »

skydreamers

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 02:33:11 AM »

The physical torments that the "men of old" and Prophets in the OT experienced are shadows of the spiritual torments and trials of God's elect.
Hi Joe, your comment made me think of the poor guy in this e-mail:

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3705.0.html

I totally relate to this guy, not in the sense that our experiences are the same, but in the way that it is so emotionally tormenting and disturbing to have to face your sin nature day in and day out.  I remember reading Ray's paper about The Beast and feeling relieved because it gave me an inkling of understanding why I hate myself (that is, the sin in my members) so much.  What can be more tormenting than living a hypocritical life claiming to be a Christian but all the while knowing your thoughts and behaviors are 99% un-Christlike.  It is so frustrating and depressing!  Seeing little changes here and there is no great comfort either.  When you long to be like Christ token good behaviors really are "filthy rags". 

Satan stirs up the old coward card with me too.  Although I can see the fires of affliction in my life, I'm more terrified of having to endure some horrible family tragedy or terrible illness as some dear brothers and sisters are going through  As it stands now, I have a wonderful husband, two beautiful children, and my health fully intact.  This sometimes SCARES me as I contemplate what might be in store for me.  But at the end of the day, I'd rather go through my judgment now, whatever it is, than having to be cast into the Lake of Fire. 

Ray says in his answer:

I have told many that they will not begin to come out of their sins until they begin to really HATE THEM.  Oh, I know, "everybody hates their sins."  No, not really. When you begin to hate your sins like poisonous snakes you WILL STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

I really thought I hated my sins but when I read this I realized I probably still had a ways to go....I think I've been hating Satan more than I've been hating my own sins.  I think there might be a difference there.  Satan is annoying to be sure, but he's merely a tool in devouring the flesh.  It's really the Beast in the mirror I need to hate.  But the anguish of feeling helpless at not being able to change myself is sometimes more than I can bear, yet other times it's like I'm numb to the consequences of sin.  When I first came to bibletruths I was overjoyed and in awe for sometime but lately I'm getting more distressed at the lack of changes in my life....I sometimes just don't get why God would show me these truths but still leave me the way I am.  Sigh, this is the meloncholy side of me.  But I do not lose hope even though I am impatient.  And I do understand that God has his timing.  But even if it's not in God's plan for me to be in the first resurrection, I'm okay with that...I just don't want to live my life staying the way I am!  Know what I mean?  I'm praying for PROGRESS :)

Peace, Diana

Kat

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 09:56:56 AM »

Hi Diana,

I relate really well with what you are saying  :)

This sometimes SCARES me as I contemplate what might be in store for me.  But at the end of the day, I'd rather go through my judgment now, whatever it is, than having to be cast into the Lake of Fire. 

I too feel like my life is going pretty smooth in comparison to what some on the forum have shared.  I too wonder if there are some great trials ahead of me. 
But then again I too would rather go through my judgment now.

but lately I'm getting more distressed at the lack of changes in my life....

There too I think I should have progressed farther for sure in some areas.  But I know that God's plan for my life is perfect.  So I have the peace and confidence that He is working all things for my good.

Eph 1:9  having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself,
v. 10  for an administration of the fullness of times, to head up all things in Christ, both the things in Heaven, and the things on earth, even in Him,
v. 11  in whom also we have been chosen to an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His own will,
v. 12  for us to be to the praise of His glory, who previously had trusted in Christ;

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

DWIGHT

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 05:34:26 PM »

Hi Diana,

I really enjoyed your post, and like Kat, I too can relate to what your'e saying.  Sometimes, I think that I should be going through a lot more than I am, you know like Paul being persecuted with rods and stones or something like that.  And whose to say that it won't happen in the future, but it seems that God is trying me now with little things like patience, self-control, and other smaller things that used to not bother me, probably because I was too carnal to notice. 

This reminds me of the faithful servant parable, " His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a  few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord." Matt. 25:21

I guess we just have to make sure that we are faithful no matter what God sends our way.  Satan is constantly accusing us before God night and day, but we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

Your brother,

Dwight
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.