bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Witnessing  (Read 15778 times)

hillsbororiver

Re: Witnessing
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 01:49:58 PM »

Hi mrsnacks,

That was an excellent post, I have also found Him speaking to me in a like manner. Many times my old man or beast within pops his head up with a shout and then the soft gentle voice will ask a question reversing the thought process I was beginning to veer off into.

Thanks for the testimony,

Joe

mrsnacks

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2007, 05:03:58 AM »

Your welcome.

Firefly

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2007, 08:36:59 PM »

This is a great topic and one I have been wondering about. I read Ray's paper..saving souls for Jesus...and it answered the question for me...can anyone save souls for Jesus...however these following scriptures still have me puzzled...there may be even more scriptures but these were the only ones I could find/think of. I have to say that when I read Ray's material and then read the same info in the scriptures it makes perfect sense to me and I just feel as if God is flooding me with wonderful spiritual food. However, when I go and read the scriptures on my own I feel like many times I just see carnal words and I get very discouraged.

Anyway..I would love to hear some feedback on the following verses. I just thank God for this board and using Ray to unplug my ears and open my eyes. I haven't posted much as I am still taking in so much. But it is such a comfort to know the site is here as I am sure it is with most of you, my husband and I have no one in our lives that is able to see the truths of the scriptures...my boss thinks I have an evil spirit in me..and all I told her about was that I did not believe in hell anymore...and...that if it was God's will for me I may be in the Lake of Fire one day and that I was ok with that if that is what my God felt I needed...you should have seen the look of horror on her face :o...I actually felt bad as she said she then spent many sleepless nights praying for me. Sorry to ramble. Lori  :)

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. Matt 24:14

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15

And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people. Rev 14:6

gmik

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2007, 10:14:18 PM »

Lori, I would like some more info on those verses too.

We believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, who came to save the world from sin. We have accepted him as our personal saviour, and even said the 5-second prayer....So
Why do "christians" think we are so evil to not believe in hell???  I have seen that same look of horror from people.  Well, buddy, you will be there whether you believe it or not!

Why do they think that??  Do they think there is a scripture somewhere that says you have to believe in Hell, in order to go to Heaven???

Oh well, just venting.

Lori, thanks for the PM, it was no problem, glad I could help a little bit!!

Kat

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2007, 10:17:23 PM »

Hi Lori,

When you are reading the scripture, one thing is notice who Christ is directly talking to. 

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. Matt 24:14

In Matt. 24 you can see Jesus was talking only to His disciples. 

Mat 24:1  And Jesus went out and departed from the temple. And His disciples came to Him to show Him the buildings of the temple.
Mat 24:2  And Jesus said to them..."

Christ is speaking to the disciples, so I would think this does apply to them, if not in their lifetime then in the resurrection.
It is my understanding that when the scripture are speaking to the believers, it has a certain message.  And when it speaks to the world or when Jesus spoke to the multitudes there is another message or a parable.  The message here is to the believing disciples, who were the elect at that time.  Jesus' message to them was to preach to the world, as they did for the rest of their lives and will do in the kingdom.

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15

Same for this verse, He is speaking only to the disciples.

Mar 16:14  "Afterward He appeared to the Eleven as they reclined..."

And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people. Rev 14:6

This verse in Rev. seems to clearly be referring to after the resurrection, as the verses before it shows the resurrected saints with Christ.  And at this time Christ and the elect with Him, will bring the Truth to all the people on the earth.

Rev 14:1  And I looked, and lo, the Lamb stood on Mount Zion. And with Him were a hundred and forty-four thousands, having His Father's name written in their foreheads.
v. 2  And I heard a voice from Heaven, like the voice of many waters and like the voice of a great thunder. And I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps.
v. 3  And they sang as it were a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. And no one could learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousands who were redeemed from the earth.
v. 4  These are those who were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are those who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, as a firstfruit to God and to the Lamb.
v. 5  And in their mouth was found no guile, for they were without blemish before the throne of God.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Firefly

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2007, 10:07:26 AM »

Hi Lori,

When you are reading the scripture, one thing is notice who Christ is directly talking to. 

In Matt. 24 you can see Jesus was talking only to His disciples.

Mat 24:1  And Jesus went out and departed from the temple. And His disciples came to Him to show Him the buildings of the temple.
Mat 24:2  And Jesus said to them..."

Christ is speaking to the disciples, so I would think this does apply to them, if not in their lifetime then in the resurrection.
It is my understanding that when the scripture are speaking to the believers, it has a certain message.  And when it speaks to the world or when Jesus spoke to the multitudes there is another message or a parable. The message here is to the believing disciples, who were the elect at that time. Jesus' message to them was to preach to the world, as they did for the rest of their lives and will do in the kingdom.

Same for this verse, He is speaking only to the disciples.

Mar 16:14  "Afterward He appeared to the Eleven as they reclined..."

So then would these verses apply to the chosen today or only to the diciples? And how do we know if it is for only the diciples or it includes the chosen? Thanks for your imput...I really appreciate it.
Lori  :)

Kat

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2007, 10:55:39 AM »

Hi Lori,

Yes I believe that when Christ spoke to His disciples the things He said to them apply to all of the chosen elect down through the generations.  The same for Paul and all the Apostles as well, when they spoke to the believers it applies to all the chosen too.
Here is Christ's pray to the Father for His disciples, but He says not for these alone.

John 17: 20  "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word;
v. 21  that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.

When we see that certain scripture apply only to the chosen elect, it puts a different perspective on things.
I hope this helps  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Firefly

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2007, 12:14:02 PM »

Thanks Kat...I still have a question though..when I read Ray's paper it seems as if we are not mandated to witness to people but when I read these verses that are directed at the diciples/elect it seems we are to preach the gospel. Is there a difference. I personally feel like a bumbling idiot when I try to tell worldly people about God and when I talk to the called about God's truths they always bring up some scripture that I do not know how to defend in my little mind or I can not remember the scripture or the whole argument for or against something. I am sorry to be so daft, it is just that my mind is having a hard time grasping the spiritual truths here.

and Gena...

We believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, who came to save the world from sin. We have accepted him as our personal saviour, and even said the 5-second prayer....So
Why do "christians" think we are so evil to not believe in hell??? I have seen that same look of horror from people. Well, buddy, you will be there whether you believe it or not!

Why do they think that?? Do they think there is a scripture somewhere that says you have to believe in Hell, in order to go to Heaven???

I have a couple girls at work who are "born again' and they seem to think that I think you can believe anything and go to heaven. I think they can't get past the lie that you have to believe in Jesus BEFORE you die to be saved. My husband and I have flat out asked every called person we have shared these truths with where in the scriptures it says you need to accept Jesus BEFORE you die and every time there is no answer or they say it does not say that anywhere ???....Okay people do we see some problem with this...Hello.....

Sorry now I am venting.  ;D

Thanks
Lori :)

YellowStone

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2007, 12:49:37 PM »

Hi Lori, :)

You wrote the following:

I have a couple girls at work who are "born again' and they seem to think that I think you can believe anything and go to heaven. I think they can't get past the lie that you have to believe in Jesus BEFORE you die to be saved. My husband and I have flat out asked every called person we have shared these truths with where in the scriptures it says you need to accept Jesus BEFORE you die and every time there is no answer or they say it does not say that anywhere ....Okay people do we see some problem with this...Hello.....

I think the belief that one has to accept Christ before one dies stems from several misquoted Scriptures; one of which follow. :)

Jhn 6:40  For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” [NIV]

Many (some might say logically) assume that one cannot look to the Son after death, because by that time, you are either in Heaven or Hell.  :D

Just goes to show the ignorance of the many "called" they believe 100%, but know not what it is they believe. Amazing!  ::)

Love in Christ,
Darren

Kat

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2007, 01:27:15 PM »

Hi Lori,

when I read these verses that are directed at the diciples/elect it seems we are to preach the gospel.

I think that you may be referring to this scripture.

Mar 16:15  And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature."

I think that this does apply to the elect, but some are called to be teachers not all. 

1Co 12:4  There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit gives them.
v. 10  The Spirit gives one person the power to work miracles; to another, the gift of speaking God's message; and to yet another, the ability to tell the difference between gifts that come from the Spirit and those that do not. To one person he gives the ability to speak in strange tongues, and to another he gives the ability to explain what is said. (GNB)

We are always to be ready to give an answer though.  But I believe even here God will send those He so desires to you and will prepare you to know what to answer.

1Pe 3:15  but sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and be ready always to give an answer to everyone who asks you a reason of the hope in you, with meekness and fear;

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

hillsbororiver

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2007, 02:11:52 PM »

Kat,

I totally 100% agree with you in regard to the here and now, when the Lord drags someone past you (us) and they are asking a question we need to be ready with an answer.

In addition to that there will come a time when the elect will be ministering to the rest of the world, He has prepared is preparing and will prepare His peculiar people for this glorious mission, to gather ALL to Him (in the next age).

There are so many scriptures with this depth of texture, Truth on more than one level.

His Peace to you Sister,

Joe

Jackie Lee

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2007, 10:37:38 PM »

Today I visited my  daughter that lives about 30 miles from me.
I told her about things that was going on in my life such as God refining me and purifying me such as patience when to be quiet and when to speak.
The things I believe God to be showing me.
I really believe she noticed the difference in my personality and actions, I hadn't saw her for 2 months.
I did realize once again God is showing me things I need to know.
We also spoke of things we go through is for our good.
I am learning ever so slowly. :)

Firefly

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2007, 10:49:18 PM »

Thank you Kat and Joe...

The three things that really stuck are...

1. Who is Jesus talking to.
2. The scriptures speak with truths that have many levels (milk to meat)...and
3. The Spirit equips us with different gifts.

Thank you both so much. Great topic JackieLee.

Lori  :)

GODSown1

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2007, 11:55:29 PM »

Hi all again lol!
                  I beleave U will no wen to Witness to others, I beleave GOD brings people to U, Well in my xsperience this has Happened anyway, az u say Jackie most people just dont wanna hear it & the last thing U wanna do is scare them from GOD aye, so this is why I say U can Feel it in U wen its the right time to bring our LOVING! GOD up. With me I have a car Tinting workshop & really beleave it is GOD sent bcoz!!, Ive had so many people cum c me But! not to get their cars Tinted but just to talk, GOD sent, so I just let them talk sum ranging frm 2 - 7+ hours talking, I let them speak then I say what GOD!! has did for mE & my family, then sumtimes I never c them again but sum I do, I just no @least I feel Ive sow'n the seed.

muchLOVE!!! Pera
  PS. Just a little input & to let whoeva does read this, I was in a Gang for 23yrs b4 GOD! tapped me on the sholder in 2005 & I was the leader wen I left as well, I just had to say this bit to give understanding to whomeva may read it, GODBLESS! & be with U alwayZ!!

GODSown1

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2007, 12:03:05 AM »

aw! Hi again um! this is to Jackie Lee

sorry for just calling U Jackie, my apologezZ!!!, I have a 4yr old daughter named Jacqui-Anna

muchLOVE!! Pera

Jackie Lee

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2007, 12:50:44 AM »

aw! Hi again um! this is to Jackie Lee

sorry for just calling U Jackie, my apologezZ!!!, I have a 4yr old daughter named Jacqui-Anna

muchLOVE!! Pera
Oh no need to apologize Jackie is fine or Jackie Lee I am not picky... ;D

GODSown1

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2007, 01:00:50 AM »

K!   kewl! kewl! Jackie Lee :)

hebrewroots98

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2007, 02:03:38 AM »

Hello Pera, and welcome!  i hadn't noticed you till just now; but thenagain, I haven't been on the forum for awhile b/c of keeping too busy with Homeschooling and all.  Glad to have you.  where are you from?  I am out here in Texas!  Have you been a member for long?  I look forward to hearing more from you, you sound interesting.  What brought you to the bible Truths' website?  That is amazing of your coming to this place of truth compared to how you grew up!  I hope that you will find all that you are seeking for here on the forum; these are the best people that God has made, and HE has given us so much truth right here at BT...have you read or heard the any of Rays info here?  Blessings to ya!

GODSown1

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2007, 11:39:51 PM »

Hey Hi Susan,
                  well yep nice to meet U & look forward to being in more discussions with U & others here, Well I come from New Zealand born & breed, never ever been out of my country, Ive only been on this for about a month or so & Love it so much eh! Truelly!! But you no sumthing being in this frame of mind or whateva U may call it it has caused! much division! lol! But! Im standing strong because I believe Im strong minded & very Loyal to the TRUTH!, but Im really still @ a learning stage & Love the studing side of it, especially as I finished school when I was 13yrs old ( probably answers a few peoples questions about my way of typing & wording etc.. lol!). Well I really believe GOD! bort me to Rays site in which led me here because I just kept asking him Questions lol!, & he sent me here wotacrkup!. I came across his letter to Mr Hagee & the rest is History. And me being me found his teachings to be REAL! on things on how i saw things since walking with our Heavenly FATHER. I remember being @ my dads funeral in amongst all my relations whom all were in different types of churchs with different beliefs etc.., I spoke out becoz I new GOD was now with me & I said I know in my Heart GOD will guide me to the right church to really get the Right early understandings as I can easily see Why new believers just get up & GO!, like "Catch this up, Im outer here" lol!. And yes the Church Im at now, is Great, But now the more knowledge I get the easier it is getting for me to hear all the Rubbish that is spoken haha! Im a person who will Listen & then go check things out for myself. I was a Gang member of 23yrs pulled out in 2005 as the whole lifestyle that I was bort up in had totally gone, probably hard for U to understand but I was 16yrs old wen I was Patched up meaning I was now a fully fledged member believe it or not it was all about Unity, LOVE, Loyality no matter what, & now days that has just totally GONE! hence me pulling out, a long story that goes with it too lol! But to make a long story short my Heart was torn out & BanG!! 2yrs after Id pulled out, GOD!! tapps me on the sholder etc... um! my girlfriend of 16yrs is now my wife we were married January 31st 2007 & she LOVES! GOD as much as I do we have 3 children together, but I have 4 older children to another, They all see each other as bothers & sisters its so Great!. I look back on my life & See GODS Prints every where, I just so LOVE! it that I have been bort out of the Darkness into the LIGHT! Praise the LORD!!. my Wife & I both no we were ment to be, as she is 10yrs younger then me & we met when she was 15 & I was 25yrs old AMAZING!! I think GOD is so GOOD! becoz I no I put her thru so much crap I can Only Thank GOD! she is still here with me today, We are more in Love then we ever were, Praise the LORD alwayS!, Well Susan Im sorry for going on & on & on lol! will be looking forward to hearing more from U Susan & all the other GOD sent people in here in JESUS! Glorious!, Amazing!, Precious! name Amen! & Amen
                                                              muchLOVE!! Pera

hebrewroots98

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2007, 01:14:46 AM »

Pera, (nice name, I have never heard of that name before.)
That was a sweet story!  I am glad that you found this site!  I'm so glad for you that God allowed you and your new wife to be married and that life is a happy one IN HIS TRUTHS!  (congratulations!!!)  Wow, you are only half way aroundf the world from where I live ;) ;) ;) (isn't it wintertime there currently while it is summer here?)  Maybe one day you can get out of your country and visit us for awhile and perhaps see Ray too! YOURS is a beautiful and green land from what I know.

Your are in the same boat as all of us here on this forum; we have all been shunned from family and friends and others for believing all of these Truths too!  Just don't let it get to you, b/c IF WE ARE TO BE AS HE IS, THEN WE WILL SUFFER AS HE SUFFERED.  YES, THE TRUTH IS SOMETHING THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE JUST 'THINK ' THAT THEY KNOW!  But, God has to open everyones' eyes and ears, so just thank HIM for showing you all the truth.   All of us were searching and questining just as you were and low and behold we never gave up searching with all of our hearts!  Alot of have also lived a very hard life (not the easy life) and  some of us have rarely been accepted for who we are, so I think that God has credited that to us by giving us His truths! 
(I know of alot of people whom have not gotten a full education, and they are very inuitive and they are people who love people, so don't worry about that here on the forum.)  What church are you still in? I have been out for a year now and have never been more content.  God will give you peace and rest like you've never experienced in Him before.  I don't know much about gang life, but I came from a family of guys whom have been terribly addicted to every substance imaginable!  I'm glad that your gang life is over; obviously that was where God needed you to be inorder to bring you to this point in your life.

Well brother, take care and will talk with ya later, I've got a little one to get to bed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.