bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tithing Program  (Read 4761 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Tithing Program
« on: April 10, 2006, 12:46:40 PM »

Dear Ray Smith,

This Sunday I was shocked that our pastor announced yet another new program:  Tithing Program.  Simple question…is there a ‘cut’ for the pastor in starting such a program.  There were two presenters (invited from other churches to give witness), ‘giving a spiritual witness’ how tithing has brought spiritual change and trust in their lives ….I thought BS…I felt insulted that our pastor brought these people in to boast (my take on it)…hypocrites!   I am sick over all this, left church very saddened.  Our church is probably one of the most supportive churches with many families well established financially.  I would believe that everyone already tithes well.  I don’t know the purpose to even start such a program.

Other than our pastor trying to convince us of a newer reality of our relationship with God and to give back to God part of what we earn, because without God letting us earn such money we wouldn’t have it anyway.

To me, God wants us to simply know how much love he has for each of us, unconditionally. Serving his family here on earth is what we are all called upon to be like him to others…bringing his Love to everyone.

I just can’t help but think, our church is like all the TV evangelist….unreal.

Lynn

Thank God bless you.  Enjoyed your web site.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.