bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Adam and Eve questions .  (Read 13243 times)

josh

Re: Adam and Eve questions .
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007, 05:23:30 PM »

Kat,

After reading your post, I jumped over to dictionary.com to look up the word "gender"... as it was to my understanding a term that is a parent to or word that describes "male" and female"... and refers to "sexual identity."

Here are a couple of definitions that I found:

"The properties that distinguish organisms on the basis of their reproductive roles"

&

"The sex of an individual, male or female, based on reproductive anatomy.
 Sexual identity, especially in relation to society or culture."

To say that God, who as you have stated is SPIRIT, can be grouped as a gender or in both genders... I do not believe to be accurate. The scriptures say that God is NOT a man... nor is He female.

While the genders are made up of characteristics of who God is... I do not believe that all of the chacateristics of God can be found in male, female, or the combination of both.

He transcends every categorey.

God's Peace.
Josh

« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 05:25:12 PM by In Medias Res »

iris

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 05:41:45 PM »

Josh,

That's very interesting!!!  :)

Thanks for sharing.

Iris

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007, 06:15:30 PM »

Hello Josh

He transcends every categorey.

Does transcendence mean God is cut off from every category or that every category is an extension out from God?

Everything is out of God surely? This does not limit God to His creatures I know. HE is the Creator the SOURCE not the creature yet Male and Female He crreated them in His image and likeness. What does that mean? That is us. Humankind is who is being created in His image. We are in Gods process of becoming His image and likeness. Gen 1 : 28 HE is ONE. What is a male and female put together. ONE. When the woman was taken out of Adam she was identified by Adam as bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh. What was he before?....What is God? Mother Father, Brother Sister, All in All perhaps? I think so....Does that limit God. NO.

....Well these are only thoughts Josh....not written to conflict with you...but the Dictionary has been known to decieve and be very limited also. Take the translation on Hell for example or love....See what I mean?

Have you checked out some of the Interlinear Scriptures on this? May be there is something in there to take this further...I know there is much illumination in Ray's Mobil conference audio about this very subject if you have not already heard it and I meantion this last but not least!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

YellowStone

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2007, 06:16:03 PM »

Josh,

Please let me add my two cents in here :)

I think perhaps there is some confusion between the physical and the spiritual.

As Kat correctly included:

Gen 1:27  So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

There is no getting around the fact that the human forms of both male and female gender were created, representative of God's spiritual form. Let us forget the physical differences and concentrate on the spiritual. :)

There are fundamental differences in the way men and woman think; although not exclusively true, it is certainly generally true.

We need not be surprised at this because God created woman "compliment" the man. :)

Gen 2:18 The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”

I'm not sure if God has given humankind all of his "characteristics" or not; but I would be leaning towards he has, even if we are not yet aware of them. :)

Please do not take offense of this; for I see husband and wife as a complete article, being in the image of God.

Love to you in Christ,

Your Brother,
Darren

YellowStone

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2007, 06:17:57 PM »

Hi Arcturus,

You mirror my sentiments perfectly, just a bit sooner than I.

Your Brother In Christ,
Love,
Darren

DWIGHT

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2007, 08:37:36 PM »

Josh,

Arcturus was referring to the September audio #2, in which Ray goes into great detail about Adam and Eve and the question of God being male and female.  Check it out for yourself.

Your brother,

Dwight

josh

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2007, 08:41:26 PM »

Was man "created" in the image of God, male and female... or is God "creating" man, male and female, into the image of God...

Once we are "immersed" or have "put on Christ"... there is no longer any male or female...

Galatians3:26-28 (Rothermans)
For ye, all, are, sons of God, through the faith in Christ Jesus;
For ye, as many as, into Christ, have been immersed, have put Christ, on:
There cannot be Jew or Greek, there cannot be bond or free, there cannot be male and female, for, all ye, are one, in Christ Jesus:
Now, if, ye, are of Christ, by consequence ye are, Abraham’s seed, according to promise, heirs.

Once we are perfected there is no need for genders... once we are in the image of God there is no distinction.

God's Peace
Josh

Redbird

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2007, 09:18:27 PM »

Josh,

With all due respect, I think what Paul is referring to is that when we are in Christ, we no longer live according to the flesh:

Gal 4: 22-26  For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a free woman.  But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the free woman was by promise.  Which things are an allegory:  for these are the two covenants; the one from mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.  For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. BUT JERUSALEM WHICH IS ABOVE IS FREE, WHICH IS THE MOTHER OF US ALL.

Peace to you brother,

Lisa

raler

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2007, 10:37:49 PM »

Hi, new here, sort of.  My nic is raler, but I answer to Jeff too  :D  Found Ray's web site a couple of years ago and have been wide-eyed ever since.  Like most of you I share what I'm taught, but get  ::) 90% of the time, although I occasionally cross paths with others.  I've been a Christian (cookie-cutter version) for 40+ years, but it was an atheist who drove me to seek the Truth and God who drove an atheist to seek me.  I love irony.

First read about Adam and Eve today.  Incredible to consider.  First Adam sacrifices out of love. Last Adam sacrifices out of love.  How much more profound does it get than that?!

God's creation is Spirit-centric because He is Spirit, but is certainly physical as well (I do wonder why).  We know the Truth, but the world can't escape that aspect.  We each (men and women) have very different physiology, but spiritually are likely very similar and any differences woud be related to our own unique personalities.

It occurred to me that men and women both have varying levels of testosterone and estrogen.  I never could figure that one out.

Peace!

gmik

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2007, 10:39:50 PM »

;D

Hi Raler/Jeff.  Welcome aboard.  Hope you will be posting often!

iris

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2007, 10:42:49 PM »

Hi Raler/Jeff,

Welcome to the forum.
Glad you've joined us.

Iris

GODSown1

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2007, 10:46:18 PM »

Hi all
      I just wanna say! wow! Well said all!!!!! hahaha!
      muchLOVE!!! Pera

gmik

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2007, 10:50:25 PM »

Pera, we are both online now....what time is it in NZ???  It is 8:50 pm here in Michigan!

GODSown1

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2007, 12:07:00 AM »

opps! sorry Gena well at this time it is  2.10pm Tuesday 20th, & Im  @ work lol!!

skydreamers

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2007, 12:24:54 AM »

Hi all,
okay this may be completely unrelated but I came across this scripture while studying something else and it made me think of this thread....not really sure what it means??? I've listed a few different translations:

Jeremiah 31:22 ESV
22  How long will you waver, O faithless daughter? For the LORD has created a new thing on the earth: a woman encircles a man."

Jeremiah 31:22 NIV
22  How long will you wander, O unfaithful daughter? The LORD will create a new thing on earth-- a woman will surround a man."

Jeremiah 31:22 GW
22  How long will you wander around, you unfaithful people? The LORD will create something new on earth: A woman will protect a man.

Jeremiah 31:22 CEV
22  Will you ever decide to be faithful? I will make sure that someday things will be different, as different as a woman protecting a man.

???....all I can say is...hey girls, what do you all think of this?? ;D

Peace and smiles,
Diana

josh

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2007, 12:26:20 AM »

I've listened to the audio from the September Conference, #2 as suggested.

At this point, I must gracefully disagree... and I will dismiss myself from this current conversation as to not cause any strife or division...

Thank you all for your patience.

God's Peace.
Josh

GODSown1

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2007, 01:10:08 AM »

hmmmm..... wow! GODBLESS! & be with U Josh
  muchLOVE!! Pera

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2007, 03:04:28 AM »

Hello Skydreamers

this is what comes to mind for me. We know we are only BORN in the resurrection. We are concieved now. In the physical the sperm penetrates the female egg and is encompassed...surrounded if you will. That begins the building up of the body...now just put that accross to the Spiritual...we are in Spirit and in Truth...the body of Christ. What we will become is yet not seen but once we are born we will see and know because we will see Him as He is. We know there is a bride of Christ and that the Angels are neither male or female and we will be like them but how this fits I think we will only truly and fully expereince when we get there...born again I mean.

As Christ said....God the Father was in HIM. Did that make Jesus female. NO. Jesus was both in God and God was in HIM. All in all is the direction and more recently as Ray teaches ONE may well be not one or the other.

But for now....we are brothers and sisters being fashioned into sons and daughters of God ....later where all is in all....I do not know.
What is important is now. Maybe yesterday and tomorrow are male and female and maybe the tree of good and evil is also there to show the contrasts so we can grow into HIS image. When the contrasts are no longer there, then the scafolding comes down off the building God is making. Ray mentioned that in an e-mail once. If Kat is looking in, perhaps she will be more readily able to put her hand to it than I.

It might be exactly as Josh sees it in the end...no more black and white...just light and HIM...not to dismiss the process though or to say we will no longer have identity. Just what that identity is IS Christ and that is for HIM to unveil to us.....

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Redbird

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2007, 09:19:54 AM »

Jeff, Welcome to the forum,

You bring up a good point about us having varying levels of testoterone and estrogen.  I find it interesting also,
that our DNA strand is a double helix.

Diana, I'm going to study those verses in Jeremiah - I also find that very interesting!

Peace to you,

Lisa

raler

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2007, 11:30:14 AM »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 17 queries.