bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is everything in the Bible a parable ?  (Read 12177 times)

YellowStone

Re: Is everything in the Bible a parable ?
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2007, 12:09:39 PM »

Hello Darren,

Cheer up ~ Jesus says;

St. John 16:33   These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace.  In the world ye shall have tribulation:  but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Peace to you,

Lisa

:) Thanks Lisa

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2007, 04:41:49 PM »

Uuuuh guys,

<looks around> It got dark in here.  Now i am confused.  Can someone dumb this conversation down so that a newbie can understand it.

Is a parable fiction or not.  Is a parable literal or not?  You know this type of posting.  I read this thread at someone's request, but frankly, i am confused.  My head hurts too much to try and figure this out.

If someone can help me out with this who is very solid in this area of Ray's teaching, please IM or PM me so that we may continue this discussion of board.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Kat

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2007, 07:10:52 PM »

Hi Anne,

Well I have found this in Ray's article that I think might help  :)
We can just keep on sharing here, because maybe there are others that would like to read this.

http://bible-truths.com/lake10.html ------------------------------------------

THE BIBLE IS A GIANT PARABLE

Not only is the Bible a giant parable, but, all creation is a giant parable. Is it not real? Oh, it is real all right. But what we see, hear, and feel, in this physical universe, is not the lasting spiritual reality of God’s purpose for creation. In parables, the literalness of the words is but a symbol that stands for something spiritual and grand. The physical words of all parables will pass away, however, the spiritual fulfillment of those physical words will never pass away. This is another marvelous spiritual principal of understanding and wisdom. I have covered this before, but it certain warrants repeating. Paul presents us with this grand parable of creation, life, and the final destiny of the entire universe:

"There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differs from another star in glory.

So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in INCORRUPTION.

It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in GLORY: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in POWER.

It is sown a natural body; it is raised a SPIRITUAL BODY. There is a NATURAL BODY, and there is a SPIRITUAL BODY.

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [Christ] was made A QUICKENING [vivifying, living, immortal] SPIRIT

Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterwards that which is SPIRITUAL.

The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from HEAVEN [the realm of spirit].

As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are HEAVENLY.

And as we [all humanity born of physical Adam] have born the image of the earthy, we [all humanity born of spiritual Jesus, the Christ] shall also bear the image of the HEAVENLY [Christ]" (I Cor. 15:41-49).

Can we even begin to comprehend what we have just read? But we are not there as yet. The physical part of this parable is still being played out on this physical stage of the universe. The final curtain of this heavenly play will not come down until all of the Acts have first been performed. And the drama is building as we near the climax.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

DWIGHT

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2007, 08:15:04 PM »

Kat,

That was great!  Anne, I see it like this: you take a picture of David-Lee and you look at it, and admire it, and you show everybody his picture, and they can see his likeness, but you know and everybody else knows that it's not the real David-Lee.  You have the real David-Lee in your arms. Everything we see is just a picture of the real thing including the scriptures and until God reveals the reality to us, we can never see it.  Hope this helps. :)

Your brother,

Dwight

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2007, 05:19:58 PM »

Great job Kat! :D ;D

Bev

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2007, 09:17:02 AM »

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I sort of recall Ray in an article stating something profound to the effect that things in the physical are the parable but the literal is in or is THE SPIRITUAL. I just found it in his article titled THE LAKE OF FIRE - Part X (THE SYNAGOGUE OF SATAN). It's kind of toward the end. It was on the 32nd page out of 39 pages according to how I printed it up. I hope it's okay if I quote it for yall here. The heading is; THE BIBLE IS A GIANT PARABLE.

THE BIBLE IS A GIANT PARABLE

Not only is the Bible a giant parable, but, all creation is a giant parable. Is it not real? Oh, it is real all right. But what we see, hear, and feel, in this physical universe, is not the lasting spiritual reality of God’s purpose for creation. In parables, the literalness of the words is but a symbol that stands for something spiritual and grand. The physical words of all parables will pass away, however, the spiritual fulfillment of those physical words will never pass away. This is another marvelous spiritual principal of understanding and wisdom. I have covered this before, but it certain warrants repeating. Paul presents us with this grand parable of creation, life, and the final destiny of the entire universe:

"There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differs from another star in glory.

So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in INCORRUPTION.

It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in GLORY: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in POWER.

It is sown a natural body; it is raised a SPIRITUAL BODY. There is a NATURAL BODY, and there is a SPIRITUAL BODY.

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [Christ] was made A QUICKENING [vivifying, living, immortal] SPIRIT

Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterwards that which is SPIRITUAL.

The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from HEAVEN [the realm of spirit].

As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are HEAVENLY.

And as we [all humanity born of physical Adam] have born the image of the earthy, we [all humanity born of spiritual Jesus, the Christ] shall also bear the image of the HEAVENLY [Christ]" (I Cor. 15:41-49).

Can we even begin to comprehend what we have just read? But we are not there as yet. The physical part of this parable is still being played out on this physical stage of the universe. The final curtain of this heavenly play will not come down until all of the Acts have first been performed. And the drama is building as we near the climax.

This gentleman is sharp.

IN CHRIST,

Bev

Bev

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2007, 09:21:49 AM »

I was once a student of the archaeology of the biblical findings.  This really excited me when they would find some physical evidence that would lend proof to some story in the bible like Jericho, the Exodus, etc.  Then it dawned on me through some teaching and pondering that the historical fact is actually meaningless to me.  As a matter of fact, the physical truths of the bible get in the way of the real truth.  When they made a finding it was like "AHA it really did happen in 1733 BC or something, and what I should actually be realizing is that it is happening now in me.  I am Adam.  I am Eve.  I am Cain.  I am Moses.  I am David, King Saul, Judas, Paul, etc.  Until I got that revelation the bible was dead, historical letter.  Now it is not even a book it has depth that passes my complete understanding but I love it and see new truths in it daily.  I can never stop reading it.  It is the spiritual meaning that actually has meaning.
God Bless
CIY

AMEN, hallelujah! St John 6:63!

M_Oliver

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2007, 11:05:02 AM »

This is probably not necessary, it looks like it came to you but this might help someone else.  I believe I recall Ray using Genesis 3:7 as an example of the physical having a spiritual application.  Christendom only reads that Adam and Eve saw that they were physically naked after eating the fruit.  We see that they were spiritually naked when their eyes were opened.  We experienced the very same thing when our eyes were opened.  It happened for us that can see it that way.  I think that was Ray's point.  The whole Bible is loaded with things like that.

Mark

gmik

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2007, 09:41:11 PM »

This is probably not necessary, it looks like it came to you but this might help someone else.  I believe I recall Ray using Genesis 3:7 as an example of the physical having a spiritual application.  Christendom only reads that Adam and Eve saw that they were physically naked after eating the fruit.  We see that they were spiritually naked when their eyes were opened.  We experienced the very same thing when our eyes were opened.  It happened for us that can see it that way.  I think that was Ray's point.  The whole Bible is loaded with things like that.

Mark

It still takes me time to undo 34 years of babylonian to ease into this mode of thinking.  But I believe it to be the truth. Your post and what ciy said is unknown "out there".  There but for the grace of God go I..... I am Adam, I am Eve, I am Sadam, I...am...the...beast!!!   Eye opening Indeed!! That is the spiritual that is more important than the physical--it was examlples for us.

iris

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2007, 10:14:33 PM »

Kat,

Thank You! Thank you! Thank you!
Thank you so much!!!!

Iris

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2007, 05:17:21 AM »

Kat,

Thanks so much for posting your reply to my confusion.  This has helped clear things up, I was forgetting that they represented spiritual things and not literal things, sometimes Babylon is hard to weed out and those weeds are very insidious.

Dwight,

That example of the picture of David-Lee hit home.  It just made what Kat and Darren said to me earlier last week make sense and come to light.  I got the doctrine or thinking behind it and an example.  This helped very very much.  Thanks so much for posting.

To All,

Well the light bulb is back on and I am ready for another week of learning and growing.  See you later.  Sry I was not able to get on the forum for a few days, but I have been dreadfully busy.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2007, 12:02:11 AM »

I really missed you!!

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2007, 08:40:32 AM »

Gena,

SO good to be in the light <smiles and reaches out for a hug>.  Glad to be back with society, but I do like when the lights go off, becuase it makes me look for the True Light, and when I find it, I am indeed happy.

Is it not wonderful to not have a grey area where light is involved. Something either emits or reflects or is light or it does NOT emit, relect, or is light.  I am so glad that there is not ambuiguity to this, it would be interesting though <WEG>

May God bless You and Yours.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.