bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How?  (Read 4822 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
How?
« on: March 08, 2007, 09:35:45 PM »

MR. SMITH,   

HOW DO I GET CLOSE TO GOD, AND HOW DO I KNOW HE HEARS ME TALKING TO HIM.

CHUCK

Dear Chuck:
I can give you the Scriptural answer to your question, but somehow I do not believe it is the answer to your question that you are looking for, but rather a sermon on how to FEEL BETTER about your relationship with God. I get requests like this all day long. They are on many different subjects, like, How can I have a happy marriage God's way?  How can I be healed of all my diseases?  How can I be financially free?  How can I overcome all of my mental, emotional, and spiritual hang-ups?  How can I be what God wants me to be?  How can I be an overcomer? How can I be sure that I will go to heaven? Etc. All of these questions come down to only one:  How can I be happy. And I can't give you the whole answer to that, especially in an email.

How do you get close to God?  "Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded" (James 4:08).

How can you know that God hears you?  "...if you ask anything ACCORDING TO HIS WILL, He hears us"  (I John 5:14).

God be with you,
Ray
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 12:23:57 AM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.