bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Worship  (Read 5228 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Worship
« on: March 08, 2007, 09:37:27 PM »

Dear Ray,

I know you have said many times that you don't attend a church.  I go back and forth within myself becuase I am so hungry for teaching and communing, if you will, with "believers" however, when I do go to a church, I usually leave feeling frustrated, comdemned, crazy or angry.  Whenever I am in a church and people around me are speaking in tongues...and encouraging me to lift my hands and "praise Him"... or instructing me to "worship" because "God inhabits the praises of his people."  I cannot explain it but I get so angry!  Is that even in the bible?  What does it mean to "worship God?"  That may be a stupid question, but when I'm in a church and I look around but don't feel compelled to babble in tongues or wave my hands...I want to run for the door.  And I'm advised by well-meaning Christians that I need to "let go and let God in."  I'm told I'm supposed to praise God even when I don't feel like it, because I shouldn't be led by my emot ions.  In your wisdom and revelatory opinion...just how does one worship God????  (I feel silly asking that.)  Thanks so much.... Marie

Dear Marie:

OBEDIENCE!  There is no greater worship to God than to be obedient to Him. Jesus said, "Why call ye Me, Lord, Lord, and DO NOT THE THINGS WHICH I SAY" (Luke 6:46).

You would not feel uncomfortable in our meetings, I guarantee you. We are to worship; God in spirit and in truth. God's WORD is truth.  And it is through HIS Spirit that we obey His truths. And that is true worship.  It is fine to pray and sing and such things, but let's face it, people love to do those things because it makes THEM feel good, and they can only hope that maybe it makes God feel good too. But where there is not true obedience, any other form of worship is in vain.

God be with you,

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.