bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UR and Jew hatred  (Read 6220 times)

DaleRay

UR and Jew hatred
« on: March 09, 2007, 05:32:24 AM »

I have a question I hope someone here might be able to help me with.  After discovering Ray's site, I did some more internet research on the subject of Universal Reconciliation.  I found "tentmakers" and it appeared that Gary Amirault was saying much the same things that Ray says.  I was delighted to get more confirmation.  However, one day I clicked on Mr. Amirault's blog and read some of the most virulent, conspiratorial, Jew hating filth I've ever come across.  Does anyone here have any idea what aspect(s) of the general doctrine of UR might lead someone to hate the Jews?  I can understand not blindly supporting every single aspect of Jewish/Israeli behavior like most evangelical fundamentalists today do, but to accuse Jews of controlling the world's money, being responsible for 9/11, world hunger, Britney Spears, etc... I mean, what gives?  Any ideas?  Thanks and God be with y'all...

skydreamers

Re: UR and Jew hatred
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 05:39:51 AM »

oh boy, this should be interesting....

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 08:56:31 AM »

Hi DaleRay,

The acceptance or belief in UR while very important is not an indication or a signal that the believer necessarily has a deeper understanding of spiritual things, as you journey through different sites or read read doctrines from some proponants of UR you will often see babylonian works and physical interpretations of things spiritual included in the mix.

We must always be on guard and verify through scripture and prayer the teachings of any man.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

iris

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 11:22:00 AM »

Does Ray Smith consider himself a UR believer?
What is this UR stuff people keep talking about?  ???

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 11:28:52 AM »

Good morning Iris,

UR is Universal Reconciliation (all will eventually be saved).

Yes, Ray is a proponant of this but has written in the past that this recognition of UR is just a beginning step in understanding God's plan.

Joe

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 12:00:01 PM »

UR is Universal Reconciliation (all will eventually be saved).

Yes, Ray is a proponant of this but has written in the past that this recognition of UR is just a beginning step in understanding God's plan.

Joe

A small step.  Though that UR is true, people tend to doctrinize it just like any other man-made belief.  The scriptures and God's word is so much more.
UR in and of itself won't get you any further along then the belief in hell or any other religous doctrine.

Craig

iris

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 01:18:06 PM »

Joe and Craig,

Thank you for your explanation.
I didn't come through UR, at least not to my knowledge.
When I was led to Bible-Truths and started reading Ray's papers, my eyes were opened and I could see that what he was writing was according to the scriptures. The most wonderful thing that I was shown was that all would be saved. It takes me a long time to read and study each paper, but I'm on my second time around in the LOF series. And I am finding so many wonderful things that I didn't see before.

Iris

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 01:25:03 PM »

Hi Iris,

You are very welcome.

I have the same experience when reading Ray's articles, no matter how many times I read them there is always something new or more profound discovered. I have to admit though that I am very much looking forward to LOF Part 16 D!

Joe

skydreamers

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 02:06:39 PM »

Can any of us really be sure that we aren't Jewish by some distant ancestor?  I remember Ray saying somewhere that he used to think he was of Gentile origin but after a trip to Germany he found out his last name really could be connected to some Jewish descendants.  It seems to me that it is dangerous ground to hate or accuse a race for any reason, since anyone of us could have "jewish" blood in us.  I've been to the Tentmaker site before as well (though I never came across the stuff you mentioned).  They do have some good information and material...(example:  they have a great video on the meaning and history of AION/IOUS), and there are a lot of decent "universalist" sites out there, and then there are some really strange sites that go off on all sorts of tangents.  I agree with others, that coming to believe in universal salvation is really only the smallest step in having your eyes opened....

Hebrews 6:1-3 nrs
1  Therefore let us go on toward perfection, leaving behind the basic teaching about Christ, and not laying again the foundation: repentance from dead works and faith toward God,
2  instruction about baptisms, laying on of hands, resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.
3  And we will do this, if God permits.

It seems to me understanding the "resurrection of the dead, and eternal (aionious) judgment" is the foundational core of understanding universalism.  Most of mainstream Christianity have got these two topics all wrong and so are in an impossible position of moving forward with spiritual understanding.  But even some Universalists who understand that God is going to save ALL still don't understand that when you die you are DEAD. 

Others believe this Grace from God gives them the freedom to do whatever they want and they think it's a "free ride":

Jude 1:4 NIV
4  For certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

These are the things I have kept in mind when venturing to other universalist sites.  In fact, I pretty much stick to bibletruths since most sites in my experience are stuck in the elementary teachings and do not go into the deeper spiritual things like Ray does.

There is so much on Ray's site that is worthy of study that I've stuck to that and avoided sites where I felt like something is off.  The Jewish race may have a role in the history of humanity that sometimes seems "cursed" but God has ordained whatever their role is and one day they will know the truth and be saved...

Peace,

Diana

gmik

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 02:18:54 PM »

Diana, I agree.  I don't consider myself UR.  Ray goes way deeper than just Universal Salvation.  I used to surf around but my home is here.  A lot of sites just let anybody come in and say anything.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 02:41:04 PM »

Can any of us really be sure that we aren't Jewish by some distant ancestor?  

The other side of that question is how many Jews can be sure they do not have Gentile blood flowing through their veins?

His Truths have very little to do with earthly physical things in comparison to the spiritual.

Very good points Diana.

Joe
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 02:44:30 PM by hillsbororiver »

DaleRay

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 02:58:48 PM »

Excellent responses all!  You don't know how much you bless me...

Much love,

Dale Ray

Alan

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 05:13:18 PM »

We are all spiritual Jews now, so what does it really matter?

I was looking through the Tentmaker site last night. Seems very milky, as in "the milk of the word"
This is what the whole UR doctrine is.

Heb
6:1-2   Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal (aionion) judgment.

Gary Amirault believes that when we die, we go to heaven. I would recommend that no one should be doing any type of study of this man's page.

There is some insightful discussion between a person who does not agree with Mr. Amirault on another website .
You can PM me if you would like to know the location.

Peace,
Alan

« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 05:36:41 PM by hillsbororiver »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.