bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: E-sword users  (Read 16480 times)

skydreamers

E-sword users
« on: March 10, 2007, 12:32:41 AM »

pending
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 12:21:07 AM by skydreamers »

YellowStone

Re: E-sword users
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 12:50:01 AM »

Thanks a whole lot Diana :)

I am not an E-Sword user, prefering to use Blue Letter Bible and my hard copy bibles.

I have E-Sword so I will have to install and learn it. :)

I might have some questions so be ready.....

Love,
Darren
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 12:50:23 AM by YellowStone »

rjsurfs

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 11:06:06 AM »

Thanks Diana...

Have you happened to find Wigrams Concordance in electronic form for use from the internet?  I rarely use books anymore and have not been able to find Wigrams for my computer yet.

Thanks!
Bobby

skydreamers

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 11:43:38 AM »

Hi Bobby,

I know, I'd love to have Wigrams on my computer too!  Unfortunately I have not had much luck finding it either.  Certainly if I do ever come across it I'll share with you guys...

Peace,
Diana

chav

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 11:55:34 AM »

Hi everyone
I use esword also , but I'm more  interested in Wigrams and the  Concordant OT .They both seem as rare as hen's teeth over here in the UK, does anyone know where I can source these ? I've tried Amazon but could only get a paperback version of the CLNT

Thanks

Dave UK

rjsurfs

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 12:09:52 PM »

Dave,

Just making sure you have this link: 
http://www.concordant.org/
That has at least the version that can be read online and ordered in book form as well.

I also use this tool:
http://www.scripture4all.org/
which does have the concordant version... as well as it is an interlinear.

Also...  this tool http://www.crosswire.org/sword/software/index.jsp is the best I've found for Rotherham's Emphasized Bible.

Bobby

Kat

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 12:14:15 PM »

Hi Dave,

This is a link Andy gave us a while back that I got the Concordant Literal Version from.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've made the CLV complete with Old and New testaments available for download.

Just unzip it and copy it into your "c:\Program Files\e-Sword" folder.

This is the complete bible and not just the new testament.

Here's the link:

http://www.esnips.com/doc/fda2551f-b10e-464e-9d77-226836b3e9a8/clv.zip

Andy
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

chav

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 06:07:06 AM »

Thanks Kat and Bobby

some useful tools there. I've tried emailing Concordant a  couple of times but they didn't reply

Dave

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 09:17:06 AM »

Thanks Kat and Bobby

some useful tools there. I've tried emailing Concordant a  couple of times but they didn't reply

Dave

Concordant is mostly a one man operation and that one man has been sick for the last few months.

PKnowler

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 03:37:11 PM »

Hey Diana, Thanks for the zip file with all those hard to find Bible translations!
It's great to finally have them for my e-sword!

Kat and (Andy) thanks for the link for downloading CLV complete with Old and New testaments.
I've had CLV NT but not the OT. Thanks!

skydreamers

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 10:58:23 PM »

Hey Paula, your welcome!  Glad to be of help.  Also I wanted to thank you for the kind words that you posted elsewhere...can't remember where now...but thanks so much.  You guys are all so welcoming and kind.  This forum is such a blessing.  I'd like to be able to post more but I can barely keep up with all you guys!!!  Okay, I guess I have somewhat of an excuse when I have a 2 yr old and a 5 yr old to run after!  Plus a husband who does not give up attention on him very easily.  (Right now there's a hockey game on so I've stolen a moment!) 

Oh boy, he just came over and saw my pic.....he's giving me a hard time for putting up a picture of me and our dog (who follows me wherever I go....he is my first baby, what can I say!)  He can't believe I didn't at least put my children up there...haha....I'm such a bad mom....)

Anyways, I'll stop babbling now about something that has nothing to do with this thread.................. :-[ ;D

Peace,
Diana

Ward

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 10:21:59 PM »

All:

2 things to say on this item. One good. One not so good... 

:)(The good one) First, I've been using e-Sword for quite some time and have made more than a few files (bible & topic notes etc).  I would like to offer to all of you a "Topic Note" file that contains the entire "Lake of Fire" series with complete linking to all listed Bible verses.  I have shared this with a few members at BibleTruths and they have gotten some use out of it.  I recommend it to new and old members to BibleTruths.  With it new users can "mouse over" any instance of Ray's quoting of a verse and instantly see that he is actually quoting correctly and jump to the verse, too.  Old users can use it to search for words very quickly and not just get a "hit" pointing to an entire section of the series, but instead, a specific portion with the search word hi-lighted.

:-\(The not so good item) Don't want to hurt anybody's feelings here...  And I'm sure that it was done unintentiionally.... But with good intentions....  (Have I said enough? :-\)  But...  (Here it comes.)  More than a few of the files being shared in this post are copyrighted and thus not allowed to be shared this way.  (That's the reason we don't find them available from Rick Meyers, creator of e-Sword.)  They can be purchased.  Or made via the right tools.

:-X I hope that everyone understands that I will not "tell" on anyone for this, but this has been weighing on my mind for a couple of days and I came to the conclusion that I owe it to all of you to share my knowledge e-Sword (use and utilities) and the "not so good item," too.

So feel free to ask about the Lake of Fire series "Topic Note" for e-Sword or even how to create your own Bible files or whatever...  Rick Meyers is very helpful and responds very quickly if you want to go to the source...

Ward

skydreamers

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2007, 12:36:17 AM »

Hey Ward,  oh boy, I think you must be talking about me so I've removed my post.  I can't say for sure where I got all my modules, some from thechan website and some from other forums with e-sword users.  They were posted up there for anyone to download so I did not double-check about copyrights etc. assuming they were free to share.  I know some programmers are developing modules on their own (like at thechan) so is this even legal? 

My apologies to everyone.  I didn't realize that I was doing anything wrong and only wanted to help.  I respectfully and appreciatively thank you Ward for pointing this out!!!  BIG OOPS...sorry guys.

Peace, Diana

Ward

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2007, 01:13:54 AM »

I can't say for sure where I got all my modules, some from thechan website and some from other forums with e-sword users.
Same here...  I learned how to make the files I've made from info on thechan and from several groups that I belong to.

I know some programmers are developing modules on their own (like at thechan) so is this even legal?
I can't answer this question myself.  Others seem to be in a quandry on this also.  Somebody wrote out a lengthy message about this very subject.  The summary of his message was that if you at least owned a copy (paper i.e. a book) of the version you were using then maybe its OK.  Or maybe if you used an online version that is available (meaning that the site has been given the right to make it available) to anybody and made your own BBL file out of it.  (Notice all those "maybe's"?)

I really don't have a clue.  That's my real answer.

Like you, I was really happy to find and make BBLs.  The first thing I wanted to do was share them here.  Then the years of being part of the publishing and online publishing business popped into my mind and so....  I didn't.

Maybe I have made a big deal out of nothing.  I just decided that I needed to bring it to others attention.  Especially since Ray's name is associated with this site and his detractors might try to use this against him.

??? Hey... Somebody tell me if I should just delete my previous post and not worry about it.  I won't be offended.  BUT my offer of the "Lake of Fire" series Topic Notes files still stands to anybody who wants it.

Ward

skydreamers

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 01:47:28 AM »

Hey Ward, I totally want your "Lake of Fire" topic notes..it sounds awesome!  Can you post it here?  If not and it's easier to e-mail, let me know and I'll pm you my email address...I'm sure others would want it too...in fact you should maybe start your own thread and the moderators can just delete this thread entirely!!

Maybe I have made a big deal out of nothing.

I don't think you made a big deal out of nothing!  You have to do what you feel convicted in your mind/heart to do.  There's too many times I've ignored that "feeling" and regretted it afterward.  Besides, you were looking out for Ray's name and that's cool!  We all have to look out for each other, as brothers and sisters...

Peace and God Bless,
Diana

PKnowler

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 02:53:21 PM »

All:

2 things to say on this item. One good. One not so good... 

:)(The good one) First, I've been using e-Sword for quite some time and have made more than a few files (bible & topic notes etc).  I would like to offer to all of you a "Topic Note" file that contains the entire "Lake of Fire" series with complete linking to all listed Bible verses.

So feel free to ask about the Lake of Fire series "Topic Note" for e-Sword or even how to create your own Bible files or whatever...  Rick Meyers is very helpful and responds very quickly if you want to go to the source...

Ward

Hi Ward,

I, too, am interested in the LOF Topic Note file for esword and how to create my own Bible files. That would be great!
Thanks for offering it! I'm not sure what to say about the other esword files offered. I'll have to look into it. I know there are several online sources that use these translations.

Ward

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 08:43:42 PM »

Diana & Paula (and anybody else that is interested):

Here is a link to the "Lake of Fire" series "Topic Note" for e-Sword that I created sometime ago.  I will be updating this as Ray adds more sections to the series. (Please make sure to read section - 00.01 ReadMe within the "Topic Note")

http://www.mediafire.com/?35eytdtitez

----- UPDATE AVAILABLE - See Below 3/24/07 ----

To use the file within e-Sword,

1. unzip it and place the resulting file, "Lake of Fire Series - L Ray Smith 3-20-07.top," in the e-Sword subdirectory, ex. c:\Program Files\e-Sword\. 

2. start e-Sword,

3. in the "Commentary" section of e-Sword, select the "Topic Notes" tab,

4. use the "Commentary" drop-down menu at the bottom of the screen,

5. select "Lake of Fire Series - L. Ray Smith 3-20-07.top"

6. then use the "Topic Box" (drop-down) at the top of the "Commentary" section to jump to whaterever portion of the series you desire.  Its right next to the Diskette icon for saving.

Let me know if you have questions, comments, or suggestions...
\/\/ard  ;)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 08:14:30 PM by Ward »

skydreamers

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 09:11:58 PM »

Wow, Ward THANK YOU so much for this....how did you do that?   Was it a lot of work?  Super cool!  Muchly and greatly appreciated!

Peace and God Bless,
Diana

YellowStone

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2007, 10:49:45 PM »

Ward,

I'm with Dianna on all the WOW"s   ;D

That's awesome!!

Your effort will be a great help to many, me included :)

Love,
Darren

PKnowler

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 12:30:52 AM »

Thank you Ward!

I am downloading it now.

I appreciate it!  :)

I'm sure it will be a blessing.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 23 queries.