bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: E-sword users  (Read 16831 times)

DWIGHT

Re: E-sword users
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2007, 02:18:56 PM »

Ward,

Thanks brother for this, it's a great help.

Dwight

Bill

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2007, 08:18:16 PM »

Thanks Diana...

Have you happened to find Wigrams Concordance in electronic form for use from the internet?  I rarely use books anymore and have not been able to find Wigrams for my computer yet.

Thanks!
Bobby

install the King James Concordance.  You can get it free at e-swords site
(http://www.e-sword.net/files/dictionaries/kjc.exe)

It does the same thing as the wigrams.

Bill

Ward

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2007, 08:10:44 PM »

----- UPDATED "Lake of Fire" Series "Topic Note" AVAILABLE -----

As I indicated to the people I shared this file with last summer ('06), I will be updating the "Lake of Fire" Series "Topic Note" file as Ray updates the Bibe-Truth.com website.  Please use the following link to access the updated file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?cnn5n5wgmdk
New Title/Filename: Lake of Fire Series - L Ray Smith - thru 16D1 3-23-07.top

I realize that many of you may just wait until part 16D is completed to get the updated file.  That's fine, but I thought I would release the updates as I complete them.

If you are not able to access the link listed above please feel free to let me know and I will email the file to you directly.

Please feel free to share any ideas, comments, or problems.

Hope this is useful to some,  :-\
\/\/ard

Nelson

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2007, 09:23:15 PM »

Hi Folks,

The Concordant Version is currently being revised. I spoke with Jim Coram some months ago about a few things in the CLV and he told me that they were revising it in some areas and intend to make it one complete volume (it's only avaliable in several seperate volumes at present). The problem they have is the lack of competent persons to do the translating and checking. The principle persons who carried out the work have passed on and I think there's only one person who can tackle the Hebrew scriptures, so it's taking some time to complete.

I compiled the e-sword version of the CLV with Jim Coram's permission. It needs some tidying up as it required several text conversions to get it into the e-sword format correctly, and this conversion added speech quotes onto the end of every line. I have not been able to write a macro that will remove them without it removing some that should stay, so it is a manual job requiring the removal of thousands and thousands of them.

When the full version of the Concordant Bible is available, I'll ask Jim if I can recompile it and make it available, and if he permits, I'll gladly do it. Hopefully the process will be much smoother by using a python script to convert all the unusual symbols and text codes the CPC use in their version of the Bible and thus avoid some of the conversion problems I've had.

If anyone has any ideas then please share as the Concordant Scriptures are a very useful tool in following the 'pattern of sound words', but it ain't perfect, there is the odd little bit of interpretation sneaking in where it's not necessary, for example,

• "which we are speaking also, not with words taught by human wisdom, but with those taught by the spirit, matching spiritual blessings with spiritual words" (1 Cor 2:13)

"blessings" and "words" are not in the original Greek, and there is no reason at all to put them there as it should really read, "matching spiritual, spiritual", or "spiritual with spiritual". Always pays to check the original languages as it really opens up the scriptures and their meaning.

Here's a little something for you's to get your teeth into, first some scriptures from the KJV,

• "Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device" (Ac 17:29)

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Ro 1:20)

"For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily" (Col 2:9)

What is the Greek word translated Godhead, and what is the difference between diety, divinity and divine? Should keep you chewing for a little while.

Love, grace and peace to you

Nelson
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.