bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 501(c)(3) ?  (Read 5382 times)

Russ Tallmadge

501(c)(3) ?
« on: March 11, 2007, 12:48:34 AM »

Does anyone know if Ray's group is a 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit so one could write-off contributions? I had been wondering if there was any way to contribute to the work and I saw the PayPal subject link. The (paypal) link though doesn't seem to go to PayPal. How does it (contributing/offering) work??? I was going to reply on the same thread as the PayPal message but couldn't see a "reply" option there. Hope it's ok to post this here :-\
Thanks,
Russ

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: 501(c)(3) ?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 09:14:26 AM »

Does anyone know if Ray's group is a 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit so one could write-off contributions? I had been wondering if there was any way to contribute to the work and I saw the PayPal subject link. The (paypal) link though doesn't seem to go to PayPal. How does it (contributing/offering) work??? I was going to reply on the same thread as the PayPal message but couldn't see a "reply" option there. Hope it's ok to post this here :-\
Thanks,
Russ

Hi Russ,

No, we have not set up bible-truths.com as a non-profit. So far the money is better spent on advertising. But if we get bigger I know that it needs to be done. I'd do it now if there were little or no cost.

First go directly to PayPal.com then use support@bible-truths.com to contribute.

Dennis

PKnowler

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 03:46:33 PM »

I've heard that organizations that use the 501 c3 status put themselves under the governments control and that you have to follow certain guidelines and restrictions to use that status or there can be penalties and repercussions if not followed precisely.. Isn't it better to avoid dealings with the government and their restrictions if at all possible?

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 05:24:31 AM »

Paula,

I would have to agree with that one.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

TimothyVI

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 12:23:53 PM »

I've heard that organizations that use the 501 c3 status put themselves under the governments control and that you have to follow certain guidelines and restrictions to use that status or there can be penalties and repercussions if not followed precisely.. Isn't it better to avoid dealings with the government and their restrictions if at all possible?

Hi Paula,

The only controls that they are under are controls to remain non profit and supply proof of that fact. I think that Ray already meets all of the guidelines for 501C3.

This would only help Bible-truths.com if people took advantage of the fact that they could essentially give 30% more than otherwise, if the giving amount was not
taxed by the government. It might entice some people to give, who only give if it is tax deductible. In reality, I suspect that very few people, of the many who benefit from Ray's teaching, give much to support it at all.

Tim

SteveW

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 03:40:25 PM »

From IRS publication 4220:
"A 501(c)(3) orginization ... may not have purposes or activities that are illegal or violate public policy"

Guess who defines what "public policy" is?

So yes, I belive they could come after you if thay did not care for your anti-war stance, for instance.  I had heard about such a case somewhere.

SteveW
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.