bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trinity  (Read 5400 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Trinity
« on: April 10, 2006, 02:49:22 PM »

Ray, I'm debating the trinity doctrine with a guy who gave me this scripture amongst others saying Jesus is God. I can deal with the deity and God things, but here it's calling him Father. What do you think about it? I wish the Concordant had the Old Testament. Thanks again for all you help.
Tom
Isaiah 9:6
6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon [1] his shoulder,
and his name shall be called [2]
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Dear Tom:
I'm afraid the Concordant Old Testament would be of little help to you in this case, as they do not translate "everlasting Father" at all. They leave it completely out of their translations.

Actually it is the "Father of futurity" or the "Father of progress," in the Hebrew. Nonetheless, Jesus is still called "Father."  This is because Jesus has many roles: mother and father; brother; friend; hustand; etc. I could give you Scriptures for all of these, but I don't have the time.

The fact that Jesus is like a Father has absolutely nothing to do with the trinity theory. Jesus is not HIS OWN FATHER, as He was conceived by Another, not  Himself. Likewise, He prayed to Another, not Himself, and He was raised from the dead by Another, not Himself, and He will be eternally subject to His Father and His God (I Cor. 15:25-28).
God be with you,
Ray
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 10:21:46 PM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.