bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: ANNUAL NASHVILLE BIBLE CONFERENCE May 19-20  (Read 33481 times)

prarrydog

Re: ANNUAL NASHVILLE BIBLE CONFERENCE May 19-20
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2007, 10:36:40 PM »

I think I can make it to this one.  Will know more in the next couple of weeks.  I just worry about traveling in the U.S. as a Canadian with a British passport(dual citizenship)...lol.  I went to Guatemala last year on a mission trip with 15 other guys.  Going through customs in New York all 15 practically walked on through with Canadian passports like they owned the airport, but because of my British passport I was separated, questioned, fingerprinted and photographed.  Very nerve racking.  I was thinking if they try to strip search me I'm running.  All in all though I have to say that I spent half a day in New York and I absolutely loved New Yorkers.  The city I live in is about 1 million people so I was thought that in a city as big as New York the people would be very ignorant but it was just the opposite.  Everyone was more than willing to help out with directions, bus times etc.  Anyway, I ramble, I hope to see you all in Nashville.

With love
Scott

gmik

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2007, 10:49:56 PM »

Scott, that will be great if you can go.   Haven't seen you much.  Good to hear from you.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2007, 09:29:55 AM »

I think I can make it to this one.  Will know more in the next couple of weeks.  I just worry about traveling in the U.S. as a Canadian with a British passport(dual citizenship)...lol.  I went to Guatemala last year on a mission trip with 15 other guys.  Going through customs in New York all 15 practically walked on through with Canadian passports like they owned the airport, but because of my British passport I was separated, questioned, fingerprinted and photographed.  Very nerve racking.  I was thinking if they try to strip search me I'm running.  All in all though I have to say that I spent half a day in New York and I absolutely loved New Yorkers.  The city I live in is about 1 million people so I was thought that in a city as big as New York the people would be very ignorant but it was just the opposite.  Everyone was more than willing to help out with directions, bus times etc.  Anyway, I ramble, I hope to see you all in Nashville.

With love
Scott

Hi Scott,

It's funny, last year I went on a business trip to Calgary, I was traveling with a Canadian citizen and he just breezed through customs as I was pulled off to the side for a bit more scrutiny, they sure took their sweet time. On the return trip it was exactly the opposite.

I really loved the mountains in Alberta, Calgary is a beautiful city but my favorite part was spending some time in Banff National Park as well as the Banff Inn (The Fairmont) it looks like a Scottish Castle, very impressive.

Hope to see you in Nashville!

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2007, 10:10:22 AM »

::) Well...I for one...REALLY want to go to this conference....so I will be "walking the plank" this evening when I ask my grouchie ol' hubby to PLEASE lets plan our vacation around it! I have a sister in Gatlinburg and just LOVE the country there! Susan...I used to drive the northern border of Tennessee....I loved the TRI-City area! You described it well....beautiful and GREEN especially in the spring and summer!  Let's see...mid-late May....will there be any Dogwoods left blooming on the mountains then? :)
Joyce

How did it go Joyce? I hope we get to meet you there!

Joe

hebrewroots98

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2007, 10:57:43 AM »

Ok Joyce, your'e making me homesick now!  You know that I got married up there and my DH is a West Texan and when he moved up there, he sooooo fell in love with that place!!!   (I wonder if he loves that place more than me ??? (teasing) ;) ;) ;D  I can't believe that I can actually start PINING for a PLACE ::) ::)

Firefly

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2007, 03:24:52 PM »

My hubby and I will have to wait til it comes out on audio... :'(

joyful1

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2007, 12:26:32 PM »

:'( I guess the same is for me Lori-Marie!  It didn't go well for me last night....I tried bribing him by finding a conference in  Nashville that had to do with his business and still he wasn't going for the bait...
he's been very good about my continuous Bible_Truths.com Bible study that goes on around here...and even downloads audio for me onto CD's....but he wouldn't be particularly interested in going to a Bible_Truths conference....YET!!  :)

at any rate...I haven't given up ALL hope yet....I suppose I could try standing in the middle of the dinning room and crying until he said yes! I really REALLY want to go! And if its God' will....I will!
Joyce

gmik

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2007, 12:33:25 PM »

Joyce,  you know the oldest trick in the book to getting your way!!!  Women have used it for thousands of years and it usually works.

or

How about him just going along to Nashville, he can do whatever while you are at the conference????

or  cry, pout, and don't make dinner!!!!

Just kidding guys.  We wives don't really do stuff like that!

joyful1

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2007, 01:20:15 PM »

:o Goodness, Gena....we are surely not THAT bad are we?? LOL....
Actually...I will try to make this happen...but if I don't get there in May...I'll hopefully be able to make a summer or fall attendance! This is my year of Jubilee (I turn 50 this year!)...and I am finding it the best ever! I'm letting go and letting God this year! He knows how much I want to be able to fellowship with others....I'm sure He has a plan!
Joyce :D

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2007, 02:58:58 PM »

Fot those that have not made a decision yet, when/if you do, I suggest calling the Clubhouse Inn direct number.
When I called the 800 number listed, I got Hotels.com and they knew nothing of Bible-Truths special rate. So, I called Clubhouse Inn 800 number and they also did not have B-T's rate on file.
The process was as smooth as butter when I called the direct line; 615-883-0500.

gmik

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2007, 07:43:26 PM »

Thanks for that # Patrick.  If we flew to Nashville, would we need a car?? Is the hotel right by the airport?

Patrick

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2007, 10:52:24 PM »

Google maps; 4.1 miles from Nashville Intl Airport to Clubhouse Inn.

The Clubhouse Inn website; complimentary airport shuttle Monday Thru Friday 7am-11pm.

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2007, 09:41:37 AM »

I would love to attend this conference!!
Is anybody from Atlanta attending??
This will be my first time to attend I'm a little nervous meeting
all these new people.
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2007, 09:58:14 AM »

Hi All,

I've booked my flight and made my hotel reservation.  I'm very excited about getting together again for a Bible Conference.

Akira, I attended my first conference this past Sept. in Mobile.  I came alone and trust me, there is nothing to be nervous about.  I had a wonderful experience!  That Bible Conference was a blessing in more ways than I could have imagined.  Sorry, I can't help you get there from Atlanta, but I will be praying you can find a way.

Looking forward to seeing all who attend.

Rene'

gmik

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2007, 12:24:16 AM »

Thanks Patrick for that help.  It eases my mind! ;)

Evan600

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2007, 10:40:52 PM »

I just reserved my room for the 18th, and 19th.  I'll be driving in from Ohio.  If there is anyone else that lives in Ohio, and wants a ride, let me know!

I'll be leaving Friday morning.  I'm looking so forward to meeting so many of you guys!

God bless,

Jason

psalmsinger

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2007, 08:15:45 AM »

Hello,

I'm working on the details.......is there a cut-off for the hotel discount that I need to be aware of when planning?  I wouldn't want to miss that.  I will e-mail Ray if we decide to go.

Barbara

Patrick

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2007, 01:46:19 AM »

How many more days?

hillsbororiver

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2007, 11:37:15 AM »

How many more days?

Hi Patrick,

36 and counting down.................

I am looking forward to seeing you and all the others!

Joe

gmik

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2007, 08:34:14 PM »

WooHoo.

Just made the reservations for the conference! ;D

However, if my daughter has the twins then, I will not be able to come.  The boys aren't due till June, so I pray they won't wanna come early!!! :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 19 queries.