bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: ANNUAL NASHVILLE BIBLE CONFERENCE May 19-20  (Read 33474 times)

Redbird

Re: ANNUAL NASHVILLE BIBLE CONFERENCE May 19-20
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2007, 05:27:47 PM »

Hi all,

Has the topic been announced yet?  I will be thinking of you and wish all the best for a blessed weekend!

Lisa

hillsbororiver

« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2007, 10:40:52 PM »

...I THINKI I AM IN NEED OF REPENTING (FOR BEING JEALOUS FOR NOT GETTING TO GO)   ;)  :(

JOE, You could do any of the following...
-take a fairy ride down the Mighty Mississippi River.
-See Elvis' Mansion/Estate.
-Grand Ole' Opry (I never could bring myself to do this when I lived there! ;))
-Lots of music Studios and related History.
-Lots of Music Museums.
-(45 mins. North is the Ft. Campbell, Kentucky's' 101st AIRBORNE/AIR ASSAULT (the Screaming Eagles...2ND most readily deployable Army Base in the USA)  They have an indoor and outdoor Museum, in case your into that stuff.
Land Between The Lakes ("LBL"), a huge Lake that The Kentucky River ("Cumberland") and The Tennessee Rivers combine...you must drive across a LONG BRIDGE (I would say about a mile long bridge.)  they have a wonderful boat Marina, boating, canoeing, hiking, biking, fishing, picnicking, swimming, etc ....  talk about beautiful and tall pine and other trees; and a place away from the big city life.

Anyway...Just a few of my favorite places to go...
Let me know if you do any of these.  :o
Enjoy yourselves.....

Hi Susan,

Thank you for all the suggestions on what to see and do in our spare time, the Ferry Boat on the Mississippi sounds like a sure fire winner, we love our little (in contrast) river here, to boat on a major river will be great fun. Museums and some of the historic music studeos also appeal to me, we only have a day and a half to explore so I want to be thorough in the 2 or 3 places we visit.

Sure wish that you were able to come along, but maybe this fall.

Thanks again,

Joe 

hebrewroots98

« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2007, 12:53:11 AM »

Joe,
I don't know what I was thinking when I recommended the Elvis' Mansion...since that is in Memphis ??? ::) ;)...I know that you'll have a wonderful time. 

...send me a postcard...(Just kidding ;D), I'll wait till I hear from all of you via our forum here.. :D

...so does Ray always have something in the Fall? That would be great...would you know (yet) of the place and date?  I would like to plan on us taking Daniel to Disney there in Florida around Rays' Fall conference dates if at all possible.  Daniel's 9th bday is Sept. 6th, so I hope Rays' meeting will be close to that date :).

Tennessee is the VOLUNTEER STATE ;)

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2007, 03:52:42 AM »

Hi all,

Has the topic been announced yet?  I will be thinking of you and wish all the best for a blessed weekend!

Lisa

Lisa, this is what I read on the subject.
e-mail to Ray; http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4300.0.html

You need to come to our Nashville Conference where I will be discussing
the origin and nature of Jesus Christ.
God be with you,
Ray

Redbird

« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2007, 08:56:14 AM »

Patrick,

Wow. That is a fantastic topic! Thank you.

Lisa

cherokee

« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2007, 09:23:13 AM »

Lisa, Patrick and All,

Here is what is posted on the BT home page for the topic.

BIBLE CONFERENCE TOPICS:

WHO AND WHAT IS JESUS?

WHERE DID HE COME FROM?

WHO IS HIS FATHER?

AND WHY SHOULD WE CARE?

Suzie

Redbird

« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2007, 02:19:19 PM »

Thanks Suzie. :)

Evan600

« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2007, 12:08:25 AM »

I understand that everyone is meeting at 6 p.m. on Friday.  Where is this going to be?  I was planning on driving in on Friday to meet everyone.

Thanks!

- Jason

hillsbororiver

« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2007, 08:56:11 AM »

Hi Jason,

I am glad to hear you are attending!

The last 2 Conferences I attended everyone met at the Hotel Lobby or Restaurant, for some reason we are an easy group to identify and everything will flow along quite comfortably if the last 2 were any indication.

Joe

rk12201960

« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2007, 09:46:49 AM »

Hi All,
Warm greetings and blessing to all.
As much as I would love to be with all of you this weekend, things just didn't turn out this time. Yup I have to work but, knowing that all of you will be together as one mind makes me feel better.

I hope the conference will be put up on the forum asap because even thou I'm happy for you guys we who can't be there are just as hungry. ;D

Peace and love to all.
Your brother in Christ.
Randy   ;D 8) ;D

Patrick

« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2007, 06:32:42 PM »

I don't arrive until 6:15 Friday evening, you can start without me. I'll be along shortly, God willing. ;D

If I could drive it in 2 days, I'd leave right now (not really, cuz I'd lose the airfare, but, that's how much I want/need to go. Now!)
It has really been an exhausting 6 months for me (crashes [yes, I crashed again; don't tell my mother], deaths, disease, losing friendships) and I am sooo hungry for Truth and Fellowship.

gmik

« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2007, 08:04:31 PM »

Patrick, I can't wait to meet you!

Joe, do you hang out there, cuz what if we are a little late. If you go somewhere else leave word at the desk for us. I am allowing a 10 hr drive (ugh) to get there by 6, but ya never know about traffic, construction etc......

Jason and ALL the others that are going...can't wait to see you all.

Lord willing for a safe trip for all!

Evan600

« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2007, 09:09:32 PM »

Thanks guys!

I'll be looking for you guys.  If anyone would like my cell number to call me to make sure I find you guys...message me.

It's gonna be a great weekend!  I'm looking soooo forward to meet you all!

hillsbororiver

« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2007, 10:07:07 PM »

Hi again Gena,

We will be at the Hotel starting at 6 so if we were to go out to dinner it would be probably at least 7 or 7:30 when we headed out, maybe we will just order a few pizza's or something and just hang out at the Hotel. Anyway I will PM you my cell # just in case.

Joe

P.S. I can't wait to see you again too Patrick, last time it was in a (rare) cold, wet (Florida) November at the races, this time the weather should be much better. Mid 70's and sunny!

hillsbororiver

« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2007, 10:09:52 PM »

Thanks guys!

I'll be looking for you guys.  If anyone would like my cell number to call me to make sure I find you guys...message me.

It's gonna be a great weekend!  I'm looking soooo forward to meet you all!

Hi Jason,

I look forward to meeting you, I will also PM you my cell if you are running late or need directions or anything,

Joe

Patrick

« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2007, 11:14:16 PM »

I hope the conference will be put up on the forum asap because even thou I'm happy for you guys we who can't be there are just as hungry. ;D

Peace and love to all.
Your brother in Christ.
Randy   ;D 8) ;D

Randy, I'm sure they will post it just as soon as they can.

Patrick, I can't wait to meet you!

Gena, be safe on the road, don't push it, and I'll see you when we get there. ;D
From the looks of that swimming hole, I may just run and jump in when I get there.

We will be at the Hotel starting at 6 so if we were to go out to dinner it would be probably at least 7 or 7:30 when we headed out, maybe we will just order a few pizza's or something and just hang out at the Hotel.

Joe

P.S. I can't wait to see you again too Patrick, last time it was in a (rare) cold, wet (Florida) November at the races, this time the weather should be much better. Mid 70's and sunny!

mmmmm.....pizza.

I hear that, Joe. Also, it won't be near as noisy, and I won't be working. :)

psalmsinger

« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2007, 08:10:28 AM »

Hello,

I just finalized plans to go to the conference.  My husband, my friend Judy and her husband are coming too:)  I called the Clubhouse Inn last night and the very nice lady had two rooms available at the bible-truths discount.  We will be getting a late start and won't make the 6:00 social.  If you're still up talking and "chewing the fat" we'd  be glad to meet you, God willing ;D

Barbara

hillsbororiver

« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2007, 09:07:23 AM »

That is great Barbara!

I look forward to meeting all of you, have a safe trip and we will see you there.

His Peace to you,

Joe

joyful1

« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2007, 10:22:01 AM »

::::sighs, shrugs shoulders, drops head to desk:::::::boo-hooing now:::::

"sniff, " "sniff"  ! :'(  I wish I could have gone!

;D ;D

seriously....I am sooo excited for you all :D...I love reading these last minute instructions and so forth! I can almost imagine how happy you are packing your bags and checking your tickets, etc. ! And I am truly happy for you!  Just don't forget the rest of us back here at the forum who are anxiously awaiting the pics and notes so that we can at least partially participate !!

Seriously again: have a safe and happy trip all!
Joyce!
: :D

rk12201960

« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2007, 11:46:38 AM »

waaaa, you mean to tell me there is a cement pond over there?  ;D
yeah, but I bet they don't have a  Gator that lives in it.  ;D
Just kidding, my gator stays in the bathtub. lol

sho nuf they have beds too, and a fancy eating table. Next you going to tell me there is a talking box in every room.  ;D

I know how you feel Joyce, maybe next year. I've been to conventions and such but never had a feeling of loss like I have now.

Peace and wisdom to all.
Randy.
P.S. The chicken bones don't go in the holes in the fancy eating table.  :P  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.