bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sun?  (Read 5621 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Sun?
« on: March 15, 2007, 09:53:06 AM »

Ray,

Is this a typo in Malachi 4:1-2 (KJV- The Thompson Chain-Reference Bible, 1964), or is it in relationship to the “SUN” gods, and not the true “SON” of God (Jesus Christ)?

“For behold, the day is cometh that shall, burn as an oven; and all he proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble; and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. But unto you that fear my name shall the SUN of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.”

1. Is this designed to deceive and confuse, leading the      minds of people away from the True God of                 Righteousness?

2. Why calves?

3. What of the stall?

4. Some translations have “its wings”, not his wings,         since when is Jesus referred to as the ‘SUN’, or by         ‘IT’?

5. Are the Scriptures that corrupt from the syncretism         of…World Religions?

Thank you for your time and Scriptural insight, even if you’re not able to respond at present.

Sincerely,

Jerry

Dear Jerry:

I am not an authority, but I believe that capitalizing the word "sun" in this verse is a mistake.

Jesus is likened to "The Morning Star" rather than the sun and the moon which symbolize other things.  Whether it read "his" or "it," matters not, but the "sun" I believe should be a small "s."

Rotherham will give you a better understanding of the "Calves"--"So shall the sun of righteousness arise to you who revere my Name, with healing in his wings, And you shall come forth and leap for joy LIKE CALVES LET LOOSE FROM THE STALL."  Did you ever see "calves let loose from the stall?"  Or "cats let out to play for a few hours?"  Well, trust me, thats real joy.

God be with you,

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.