bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Will  (Read 5164 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Free Will
« on: March 15, 2007, 09:57:10 AM »

I have read your writings posted on your site and also the information on the forum. You say we should be thankful that we are not made by God like a child abuser is made. According to what you wrote as well as the many who comment on the site your website refers to; they cannot help what they do. God made them that way. Hitler, Hussein, Dahmer, Gacy couldn't help it? As a survivor of child abuse I hope and pray to God this is not what you are saying. If you are saying we have choices ....we do. If you want to play with semantics, whether you use the term free will or choices, we all have a free will to make the choices we make. God forbid that people who have committed such atrocities see the drivel on that site and use it to say " that's how God made me so I couldn't help my actions. I would think you would find it a bitter pill to swallow if you are quoted by those on the site saying this is what you teach.If you are a man of God please do not insult the survivors of these horrors. Sincerely, Jennifer

Dear Jennifer:

People draw all kinds of false conclusions and assumptions from the idea that man does not possess a will that is free from causality. Good, good, evil, evil, good evil, it's ALL SEMANTICS.  Oh really? It is not a matter of semantics. It is a giant issue in the behavior of mankind.  God has never ever FORCED someone AGAINST THEIR WILL, to sin.  Men sin willing and voluntarily, but they do not have the power or the ability to not ever sin. Of course, you might even argue this fact with me. By the word free it is meant "free from causality." Meaning that if we have free will and free choices then nothing makes or causes to choice as we do.  This of course, if not only unscriptural, it is a physiological impossibility.  It opposes the very first edict of the universe which states that for every effect there must be a cause. Therefore, you cannot make a choice or think a thought until or unless SOMETHING CAUSES IT. It matters not whether you perceive the cause or not.

If man had "free will" and "free choice," then sinning man could decide and choose on his own to "choose" Christ and "come" to Christ which the Scriptures tell us is impossible.  "NO MAN CAN come to me except the Father draw him [Greek: 'drag him']....: (John 6:44).  "You have NOT chosen Me, but I have chosen you...." (John 15:16).  It is not by our free-will inner workings that we will and do God's will, but rather, "For it is G-O-D which works in you BOTH TO WILL AND TO DO of His good pleasure" (Phil. 2:13). And another hundred Scriptures just like these, but who believes the Scriptures? Men despise the word of God.

If you have a Godly interest in this subject and wish to know the Scriptural truth beyond any shadow of a doubt, read my four-part 120 page series "The Myth of Free Will Exposed" in my 'Lake of Fire" series near the top of our home page.

God be with you,

Ray

« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 10:33:34 AM by hillsbororiver »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.