bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: His People, Seeking Him Diligently  (Read 12127 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: His People, Seeking Him Diligently
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2007, 06:14:10 AM »

Ursula

Thank you for sharing your insights. They do add and build up our faith and knowledge of God. I too had not seen that lukewarm is a carnal comfort zone that gives no glory to God or thanks or appreciation and inspires no need or desire for Him. Your thoughts are edifying and encouraging at the same time Ursula...both hot and cold! 8) ;D

Peace to you sister

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 06:15:04 AM by Arcturus »

Firefly

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2007, 10:01:12 AM »

Ursula,

Thank you for sharing that. It was really beautiful.

Lori  :)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2007, 11:42:43 AM »

As I have written many times in the past this opening up of the OT in regard to the spiritual journey of those chosen to be firstfruits of His Kingdom is nothing short of amazing. The old history of the physical nation of Israel is an even more powerful outline of the history and experiences of the elect.

Read what Moses wrote here in Deuteronomy and meditate on the spiritual message, it is incredible!

Deuteronomy 4

1Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the LORD God of your fathers giveth you.

2Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

3Your eyes have seen what the LORD did because of Baalpeor: for all the men that followed Baalpeor, the LORD thy God hath destroyed them from among you.

4But ye that did cleave unto the LORD your God are alive every one of you this day.

5Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.

6Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.

7For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for?

8And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?

9Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons;

10Specially the day that thou stoodest before the LORD thy God in Horeb, when the LORD said unto me, Gather me the people together, and I will make them hear my words, that they may learn to fear me all the days that they shall live upon the earth, and that they may teach their children.

11And ye came near and stood under the mountain; and the mountain burned with fire unto the midst of heaven, with darkness, clouds, and thick darkness.

12And the LORD spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice.

13And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

14And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it.

15Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of similitude on the day that the LORD spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire:

16Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female,

17The likeness of any beast that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged fowl that flieth in the air,

18The likeness of any thing that creepeth on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the waters beneath the earth:

19And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.

20But the LORD hath taken you, and brought you forth out of the iron furnace, even out of Egypt, to be unto him a people of inheritance, as ye are this day.

21Furthermore the LORD was angry with me for your sakes, and sware that I should not go over Jordan, and that I should not go in unto that good land, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance:

22But I must die in this land, I must not go over Jordan: but ye shall go over, and possess that good land.

23Take heed unto yourselves, lest ye forget the covenant of the LORD your God, which he made with you, and make you a graven image, or the likeness of any thing, which the LORD thy God hath forbidden thee.

24For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.

25When thou shalt beget children, and children's children, and ye shall have remained long in the land, and shall corrupt yourselves, and make a graven image, or the likeness of any thing, and shall do evil in the sight of the LORD thy God, to provoke him to anger:

26I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day, that ye shall soon utterly perish from off the land whereunto ye go over Jordan to possess it; ye shall not prolong your days upon it, but shall utterly be destroyed.

27And the LORD shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen, whither the LORD shall lead you.

28And there ye shall serve gods, the work of men's hands, wood and stone, which neither see, nor hear, nor eat, nor smell.

29But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

30When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice;

31(For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

32For ask now of the days that are past, which were before thee, since the day that God created man upon the earth, and ask from the one side of heaven unto the other, whether there hath been any such thing as this great thing is, or hath been heard like it?

33Did ever people hear the voice of God speaking out of the midst of the fire, as thou hast heard, and live?

34Or hath God assayed to go and take him a nation from the midst of another nation, by temptations, by signs, and by wonders, and by war, and by a mighty hand, and by a stretched out arm, and by great terrors, according to all that the LORD your God did for you in Egypt before your eyes?

35Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him.

36Out of heaven he made thee to hear his voice, that he might instruct thee: and upon earth he shewed thee his great fire; and thou heardest his words out of the midst of the fire.

37And because he loved thy fathers, therefore he chose their seed after them, and brought thee out in his sight with his mighty power out of Egypt;

38To drive out nations from before thee greater and mightier than thou art, to bring thee in, to give thee their land for an inheritance, as it is this day.

39Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.

40Thou shalt keep therefore his statutes, and his commandments, which I command thee this day, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days upon the earth, which the LORD thy God giveth thee, for ever.

41Then Moses severed three cities on this side Jordan toward the sunrising;

42That the slayer might flee thither, which should kill his neighbour unawares, and hated him not in times past; and that fleeing unto one of these cities he might live:

43Namely, Bezer in the wilderness, in the plain country, of the Reubenites; and Ramoth in Gilead, of the Gadites; and Golan in Bashan, of the Manassites.

44And this is the law which Moses set before the children of Israel:

45These are the testimonies, and the statutes, and the judgments, which Moses spake unto the children of Israel, after they came forth out of Egypt.

46On this side Jordan, in the valley over against Bethpeor, in the land of Sihon king of the Amorites, who dwelt at Heshbon, whom Moses and the children of Israel smote, after they were come forth out of Egypt:

47And they possessed his land, and the land of Og king of Bashan, two kings of the Amorites, which were on this side Jordan toward the sunrising;

48From Aroer, which is by the bank of the river Arnon, even unto mount Sion, which is Hermon,

49And all the plain on this side Jordan eastward, even unto the sea of the plain, under the springs of Pisgah.

It is also interesting to see that Moses represents the Prophets who have given us examples, direction and His Words to meditate on but they themselves will not be among the elect who first enter the Promised Land, the Kingdom of God promised in the New Covenant.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

GODSown1

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2007, 12:56:02 AM »

Hi all,
      I just wanted to share this with uz all, Wen I had just started my walk with GOD/CHRIST (a gang member of 23yrs till 2005), Well I was just in the starting of my walk & I still hadnt really read or even looked @ a Bible by this time, But! thru testimonies! & fellowshipping with others I started to get all this Knowledge, & the more knowledge I got the more I felt (emotional) towards others whom never or never even thort to looking into Who is this GOD everyone talks about, or just couldnt be bothered thru Peer pressure etc..., Well one morning I was in the Toilet haha! of all places wen ECCLESIASTES came to my mind (this is so true) Im like to myself 'whats this Ecclesiastes?'. So I came out & my wife was sitting on the bed & I said to her, um! darling whats Ecclesiastes!?. well her being in the same boat as me lol! she says Pass! lol!, & I said it sounds like sum sort of Biblical thing, So we grabbed a Bible & WhaM!!! BanG!!! ECCLESIASTES is in the Bible. So I said wow! GOD must want me to read this, So i did then BANG!!!( ECCL 1: 18) For in much Wisdom is much grief. And he who increases in Knowledge increases in Sorrow. Man! straitup! I was just blown! away but real xcited @ the same time bcoz GOD was speaking to ME! lol! mE! As this was exactly! what was going on in my life @ that time, AmazinG!! nO one could eva tell mE GOD is not REAL!, well they can But! (watchout! in a good way of corse, id  set them strait lol!) and I will always remember that time always! and Ive just gone on in Leaps & Bounds for GOD!, & bcoz of my loyalty, attitude etc... I beleave GOD chose mE to keep that, So Ive gone in the search of GODS real Truths, not as what Ive seen since cumn to GOD how there is so many Deceived! dumb! xcuse me lol! people out there.
   Well just thort id share that with U all lol! GODBLESS & b with uZ! all,
    muchLOVE!! Pera

Kat

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2007, 01:05:12 AM »

Hi Pera,

I see you are seeking the Truth.  Have you read any of Ray's articles?
You should go to Bibletruths, here is the link  http://bible-truths.com/
All us of here have studied Ray's teachings of the scripture,
it would be a good idea for you to look into them, and let me know what you think  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

skydreamers

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2007, 01:08:01 AM »

Hey Pera,

I want to say firstly WELCOME to the forum...I am enjoying your posts...you're just straight up honest and I love that!

Thanks for sharing with us...very cool story!

Peace to you,
Diana

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2007, 05:02:33 PM »

Hello Pera

God always knows exactly where and when to get our attention!

The wonderful thing about knowledge is that the love of Christ passes it by! Paul wrote :

Ephesians 3 : 16-19 May He grant you out of the rich treasury of His glory to be strengthened and reinforced with might power in the inner man by the Holy Spirit Himself indwelling your innermost being and personality. 17. May Christ through your faith actually dwell, settle down, abide, make His permanent home in your hearts! May you be rooted deep in love and founded securely in love. 18. That you may have the power and be strong to apprehend and grasp with all the saints, God’s devoted people, the experience of that love, what is the breadth and length and height and depth of it.19 That you may really come to know practically, through experience for yourselves, the love of Christ, which FAR SURPASSES MERE KNOWLEDGE without experience, that you may be filled through all your being unto all the fullness of God, may have the richest measure of the divine Presence and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself!

Knowledge can fade and can become puffed up but experience of His love, now that is an experience like you had! No one can rob you of that experience of God meeting you and being fearless to talk to you straight to your heart Pera. How wonderful! With just one word you life turned around! THATS GOD! ;D :D

Thank you for sharing your beautiful testimony. You have been through so much but not in vain.  Your testimony is proof positive and reminds me that God can go anywhere and do anything and that nothing can stop Hiim! GOD IS GOD! Nothing higher no one stronger and nothing in His way or too difficult for Him! :D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.