bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayers, Please.  (Read 5992 times)

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Prayers, Please.
« on: March 16, 2007, 11:00:30 AM »

A friend of mine lost his battle with lung cancer on Wednesday.
Kevin was 36 yrs old and is survived by his wife and 2 children, as well as many other family and friends.

I met Kevin, 2 years ago, on the racing circuit and he was trully one of the nicest people that I have ever met.
I never heard a negative word from him, always had a positive attitude.
He had a earlier round with the cancer a few years back and everyone thought it was gone for good, but showed up again in November of last year.

I pray that God will bring some comfort and answers to Kevin's family and friends, and ask that my Brothers and Sisters on B-T's would kindly do the same.
I so desire to send them Ray's paper on death, but hesitate to do so because I know they believe Kevin is "racing in the sky" now.
Love you guys!

gmik

Re: Prayers, Please.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 12:06:14 PM »

Oh, how sad.  Yes, I will be praying for the family!

rj

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 12:28:46 PM »

Patrick,
   His family will be in my prayers.

rj

LittleBear

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 12:53:21 PM »

Patrick,

I'm so sorry. I will pray that God brings comfort to Kevin's family.

Ursula

iris

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 01:34:44 PM »

Prayers going up for his family.

Iris

sansmile

• my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 02:35:32 PM »

The family is in my prayers.

God Bless  Sandie
Walk in the Spirit

DWIGHT

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 02:58:10 PM »

Patrick,

They will be in my prayers.

Dwight

PKnowler

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 01:12:45 AM »

Patrick,

I am so sorry to hear about your friend and the family he left behind.
I pray that God be with them and comfort them in their grief. We know
He is always there to comfort but sometimes people don't turn to Him.
I pray they receive His comfort and His strength.

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 01:18:25 AM »

Patrick,

Your friend and his family are in my prayers.  May God bless You and yours.  There are no easy words, please accept my support as a fellow sister and know that I am praying.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

okjohnson

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 12:04:19 PM »

Patrick

Just seen your post.
Prayers sent.

Orlando

Patrick

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 02:53:14 AM »

I get through one and then get the news of another.

http://www.nhra.com/content/news/19197.htm   :(

Thanks to everyone for their responses and prayers.

GODSown1

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 03:19:53 AM »

HI, yES! THEY ARE IN MY pRAYERS TO
                                            MUCHlove!! pERA

rk12201960

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 08:43:48 AM »

Hi Patrick,
You are a good friend as well as a brother.
I will pray also for your friends family.

In christ
Randy.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 12:46:13 PM »

Hi Patrick,

They are in my prayers Brother,

Joe

hebrewroots98

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 01:21:25 PM »

Patrick, I am so sorry to hear about the loss your loved ones here.  It is sad indeed to think that life can end at such a young age.  Payers are being sent up for you and for these families.  BUT IT IS INSPIRING TO KNOW THAT WE SHALL MEET THEM AGAIN ONE DAY...AND SEE THEM IN THE WAY THAT THE LORD SEES THEM; WITH NEW SPIRITUAL BODIES AND PEACE; SO JUST THANK GOD THAT ALL IS NOT LOST; TRY AND BE HAPPY IN having THIS TO LOOK FORWARD TO :D.  May GOD heal your broken heart right now. 

As far as sending the paper to the family, I wonder what can it hurt?  Will you be in their lives from here on out?  IF so, then maybe you can just talk to them about it first, as in ..."did you know that Kevin will be getting his HEAVENLY SPIRITUAL BODY and that we will all meet up again..." or say something to this effect to comfort them;  but, I really think that the children need to have this to look forward to and to hold onto during their broken spirits right now.  But, Patrick, this is really something that only you will know as to how the spirit wants you to move. 

We love you brother!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 02:39:34 PM »

hello Patrick

What a painful blow!..... Did you also know Eric?

Some how I think the teaching by Ray on death is much more comforting than believing a loved one is racing in the sky. The truth sets free, imagination doesn't. That we will all be saved is good news that is not based in imagination or superstition but I feel what you are saying and I agree that to start lecturing or preaching now may not be appropriate! Just being there for them is so much better than being judgmental or self righteous.

I hope you are coping through this time Patrick. You ask for others and not for yourself I notice. Your  sense of loss and grieving for your friends reminds me that Jesus wept at the loss of Lazarus his friend and we feel this emotion of grief too regardless of whether the person we loose is free or bound. We are bound to who we love.

I hope you find peace, and experience HIS gentle loving presence in this time and also that your friends do too even if it has to be through you being there for them.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Patrick

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2007, 03:45:47 AM »

Thank you again everyone.

Arcturus, I have know the Medlen family for several years. Eric's dad helped me get my first professional car racing mechanics job.
I'm at peace; I cried when I learned of Eric's accident and at the same time felt His gentle loving presence and assurance that He was in control. So, I really did not think about asking for prayers for myself.
At this time, I'm just being there for support if/when they ask.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2007, 05:08:41 PM »

Hello again Patrick

That was a very precious testimony of the Power, Grace and Love of our Lord. I am so happy you shared that! It is like giving eyes to see Him through what you have written about how He is able to comfort  and keep feelings secure in HIS presence. ...just being there ...as you write is often the most powerfully loving and sensitive privilege to pass on and you may know too that it is wonderful and healing to receive such blessings of compassion. I know. I have been on the receiving end...... :)

Peace to you as you recognise His presence in you for those who are broken hearted......

Arcturus :)

blakparty

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2007, 09:06:55 AM »

Dear Patrick,
    I feel for you and Kevin's family.  I will pray for you all that you be comforted in these times.  Your Brother, Rob.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 19 queries.