bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: If God alone has immortality.....  (Read 11592 times)

GODSown1

Re: If God alone has immortality.....
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 12:45:15 AM »

Yes! it is Good!,
                     Thanks & I just Pray U dont take me seriously!, GODS Will remember lol!

much, muchLOVE!! Pera

snorky

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2007, 02:07:19 AM »

Anne: Can we go back a minute about your comment on time? (I hope you get to see this and respond)...believe it or not I have been thinking the same thing lately! Part of that is because this relates to a subject interest of mine, higher mathematics (I'm a secondary Texas certified math teacher) and abstractions. I posted something on a thread about God existing in timelessness (eternity) since He created time, and giving us the gift of time seasons, etc. (as elucidated in Ecclesiastes). Now in Genesis God sets up the mechanisms of time (sun, moon, stars, seasons, and by using the 7 days to create and rest, the week as well).

You seem to suggest that time is an illusion...interesting, and it has occurred to me. We DO exist bounded by time until we die...but then again is the next thing we know we are in the first resurrection or the second at the GWTJ? So what happens in the meantime? Interesting!

Are you saying that all the time periods that ever have been or ever will be are actually co-existing at this time but on different planes of existence? That thought has occurred to me!

I guess my point is...what did you mean exactly in your comment on time?

Deb aka snorky

PS if you don't reply to this I will post this in a new thread in a day or so--snorky

skydreamers

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2007, 03:25:12 AM »

Hey Deb , (I love your alias..snorky :))

Are you saying that all the time periods that ever have been or ever will be are actually co-existing at this time but on different planes of existence? That thought has occurred to me!

Your question made me think of a Nova project called "The Elegant Universe".  This series explores some fascinating theories about time and alternate dimensions etc.  The website is here:  http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/

And you can watch the series online here:  http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html

I loved how they presented it...for an unscientific mind like mine, it was easy to understand. 

If you or Anne already know about this project I'd be interested in what the two of you think you of it?

Peace,
Diana

Robin

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2007, 04:12:38 AM »

"Are you saying that all the time periods that ever have been or ever will be are actually co-existing at this time but on different planes of existence? That thought has occurred to me!"

That's what I think too, lol.

It's the only thing that makes sense to me if God is not confined to time.
Because of this I think our future is as cemented as our past. We can see the past, but not the future.

Ecclesiastes 1
9The thing that hath been[absolute], it is that which shall be[relative]; and that which is done[absolute] is that which shall be done:[relative] and there is no new thing under the sun.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2007, 09:12:46 AM »

I think is is all an illusion. :o :o

:o :o We really all live in the Matrix :o :o

;) ;D
Craig
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.