bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Catholic Horses  (Read 6276 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Catholic Horses
« on: March 16, 2007, 10:04:03 PM »

Bubba was from Alabama, and was a good ol' Southern Baptist.  He  loved to sneak away to the race track. One day he was there betting  on the ponies, and losing his shirt, when he noticed a priest step  out onto the track and bless the forehead of one of the horses  lining up for the 4th race. Lo and behold, this horse -- a very  long shot -- won the race.

Bubba was most interested to see what the priest did in the next  race.  Sure enough, he watched the priest step out onto the track as  the horses for the fifth race lined up, and placed a blessing on  the forehead of one of the horses. Bubba made a beeline for the window and placed a small bet on the  horse. Again, even though another long shot, the horse the priest  had blessed won the race.

Bubba collected his winnings and  anxiously waited to see which horse the priest bestowed his  blessing on for the 6th race. The priest showed, blessed a horse, Bubba bet on it, and it won!  Bubba was elated!

As the day went on, the priest continued blessing  one of the horses, and it always came in first. Bubba began to pull in some serious money, and by the last race, he  knew his wildest dreams were going to come true. He made a quick  stop at the ATM, withdrew big money and awaited the priest's  blessing that would
tell him which horse to bet on. True to his  pattern, the priest stepped out onto the track before the last race  and blessed the forehead, eyes, ears and hooves of one of the horses.

Bubba bet every cent, and watched the horse come in dead last. He  was dumbfounded. He made his way to the track, and when he found the priest, he  demanded,  "What happened, Father? All day you blessed horses and  they won. The last race, you blessed a horse and he lost. Now I've  lost all my savings, thanks to you!!"

The priest nodded wisely and said,  "That's the problem with you
Protestants.......

You can't tell the difference between a simple
 blessing and the Last Rites."

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: Catholic Horses
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 11:07:35 PM »

Joe,

That was great, hee hee hee.  I love Catholic jokes.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

iris

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 12:06:40 AM »

Hey Craig,

That was a rite!!!  ;D  :D  ;D

Iris

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 01:23:16 AM »

Iris,

<VWEG> Would that be a spring one?  Wonders if anyone is going to get this.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

iris

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 10:21:29 AM »

Anne,

It's really late winter with snow on the cap.  ;D

What I don't get is the "<VWEG>" ?  ???

Iris

gmik

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 12:06:08 PM »

LOL  That was a good one!!

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 05:23:13 PM »

Iris,

Have you ever heard of a piece by Stravinsky titled "The Rite of Spring"?

That was the pun.

VWEG - stands for Very Wide Evil Grin

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 05:56:40 PM »

Cute Craig...very cute and I was a Catholic !.... ::)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

PKnowler

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 02:19:13 AM »

Hey Craig,

That was pretty funny!  :D Thanks for sharing it. I was out Friday night with my husband and after dinner we go to Borders book store and I asked to use his phone which also has internet and I checked on the forum to see what was up. It gave me a good joke to tell my husband on our way home.  :)

iris

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 01:07:13 PM »

Anne,

No, I don't think I've ever heard of Stravinsky.
VWEG-- that's cute.  ;D
Thanks!!!  :D  ;D  :D

Iris

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 04:48:56 PM »

Anne

My Choir teacher in Italy was a student of Stravinsky! I sat next to him on a bus on the way to a concert and that is when I found this out.  He always kept a photograph of himself receiving his diploma in music from Stravinsky in his top pocket. He was affectionately most proud of it. That was the first time I ever heard of Stravinsky…..over 25 years ago! and I think it was the first time a true Italian Choir had someone from out of Africa singing with them! ;D

There is always a first time for everything :D
!
Peace to you

joyful1

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 07:01:25 PM »

Acturus--
Have you ever heard of the Watoto Children's Choir from Uganda? They are coming here in a week. Joyce

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 07:05:37 PM »

No I missed that one! :D

Are you going to go and listen to them Joyfu!1 ?

If you are it might be quite an experience. African voices are so beautiful strong and fearless!

Peace to you

joyful1

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 12:29:54 PM »

I love the sound of the modern adaptations of traditional African music....and yes, the African voice is beautifully strong! Come to think of it that's why American Idol has 2 African-American women in the top 10! :)

I am unable to attend the performance, but will probably be able to hear their CD's.  I love the sound...but alas...the messages are not always helpful or even "truthful" anymore....if you understand what I mean...

Do you sing?
Joyce

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 02:33:57 PM »

Arcturus,

Wow that is awesome, thanks for sharing that with us and me.  I always like trivia about the composers and such. 

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 06:12:50 PM »

Thanks Anne. Am glad you enjoyed that! :D

Joyce...I took singing lessons for a while but dropped out. Strenghening the solar plexis and having to learn a different way of breathing from the diaphragm just was not to my taste. I love singing and of course you will know that I know and agree with what you observe :)

Peace to you

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.