bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An Answer to Prayer  (Read 4378 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
An Answer to Prayer
« on: March 16, 2007, 10:28:07 PM »

Dear Ray,
         When people ask you the purpose of your web site you can simply say " It is an answer to prayer for some." ( that's me ) Let me tell you, I am no youngster, I have been searching for the truth since I was just a little girl back in Arkansas wondering where I came from.  I finally got up enough nerve to ask my mom.  I must have been really young because she evidently thought I was and told me I came from a little black stump out in the woods.  I went looking for that little black stump and remember crying because I couldn't find one that showed any signs of me.  I just seemed to me I could never get a straight answer to any of my questions.
         I don't want you to get me wrong, I dearly love both my parents.  They raised six children share crop farming part of the time.  A hard row to hoe I might add. Neither one having more than a fifth grade education.  They taught us kids right from wrong, to respect our elders and took us to tent meeting revivals when ever possible.  I learned all about the God that puts people in a hell burning fire from screaming preachers who sometimes foamed at the mouth.  I heard my mother speak in tongues, which by the way scared me half to death.
         We moved to the West Coast when I was about nine years old and In spite of it all I grew into adulthood raising four children of my own.  All the while staying in church of one kind or another.  I chose a little more conservative church to attend with my children.  From Billy Graham crusades to Oral Roberts healing meetings.  Oh yes, lest we forget the Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormans.  Still looking, searching, hoping and praying I could find that " Little Black Stump " with some signs of the missing part of me.
        In three short years I lost my most beloved sister, a husband, mother and my youngest daughter to death.  My beautiful red haired daughter committed suicide.  She was just thirty eight years old.  Suffering from a chemical imbalance in her brain.  I held my mother in my arms while she died.  Needless to say, I had a breakdown.  I have been slowly recovering but at times wondering why.
        I couldn't tell you what I keyed in to get your web site but there it was none the less.  What a wonderful blessing it is to read the truth.  It is like an answer to prayer for me.  I read your words every day and find the answers to questions no one else seem to be able to answer.  Thank you so much, you will probably never know just what  sharing your knowledge of the scriptures means to those who believe.

May God Bless,
Littletom
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.