bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Age of Ages  (Read 5850 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Age of Ages
« on: March 17, 2007, 01:36:08 PM »

Ray

Rev 14:11  and the smoke of their torment doth go up to ages of ages; and they have no rest day and night, who are bowing before the beast and his image, also if any doth receive the mark of his name.

Rev 19:3  and a second time they said, `Alleluia;' and her smoke doth come up--to the ages of the ages!

Rev 4:10  fall down do the twenty and four elders before Him who is sitting upon the throne, and bow before Him who is living to the ages of the ages, and they cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

Rev 1:18  and he who is living, and I did become dead, and, lo, I am living to the ages of the ages. Amen! and I have the keys of the hades and of the death.

Rev 5:14  and the four living creatures said, `Amen!' and the twenty-four elders fell down and they bow before Him who is living to the ages of the ages.

Rev 15:7  and one of the four living creatures did give to the seven messengers seven golden vials, full of the wrath of God, who is living to the ages of the ages;

OK since the smoke of their torment goes up for the ages of ages, and God lives to the ages of the ages,  and Jesus lives to the ages of the ages; and since GOD will never die, and Jesus will never die, can we not safely infer those who smoke doth come up for the ages of the ages-- will suffer for as long as God or Jesus lives?  They both exist for the ages of the ages. Horrible, but it does seem to say that, does it not?

I wish it were not so

DAE

Dear DAE:
No, we cannot "safely infer" any such thing. Just as God is the "God of Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob" does not "safely infer" that He is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob ONLY!  Neither does God live for the ages of the ages, ONLY!  A statementof FACT is not a statement of RESTRICTION unless it contains words of restriction.
See my paper "Is EVERLASTING Scriptural."
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.