bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Staying Alive  (Read 4586 times)

DWIGHT

Staying Alive
« on: March 17, 2007, 11:20:06 PM »

Hi Everyone,

Of the twelve spiritual truths that Ray gave us, the first truth is, first comes the natural or physical and then comes the spiritual.

""And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the Last Adam [Jesus Christ] was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is NATURAL; and afterward that which is SPIRITUAL" 1 Cor. 15:45,46.

I have been thinking alot about that in terms of life and death.  In other words, what does it take to stay alive in the physical and what does it take to stay alive in the spiritual. 

Seems to me that there are three basic things that one must do in order to stay alive physically.  Now, if any of you, who are more medically astute than I, please let me know.  But these three necessary things are: eating, drinking and breathing.  Without any one of the things you will die.  Even if you are on life support, you still need all three things to maintain life.

I see no difference in the spiritual.  Now its true that you can go without food or water for a long time, but eventually you will die.  Without breathing, you will die very quickly.

Eating, drinking and breathing are an everyday occurance with all of us.  Scientists can tell us that food, when digested, turns into flesh and blood, but they really do not know how it does that.  It just does.  It's a miracle.  How does a piece of fruit turn into flesh?  Don't know. We know that it metabolizes and somehow it does, but that's all we know.  We just know that you must eat, drink, and breathe in order to live.  And usually it's very enjoyable too.

Now, I believe that in order for all of us to maintain life in the spirit, we must eat, drink and breathe everyday too.  If we don't, we will die (spiritually).  It's amazing that even in the garden of Eden, God uses the analogy of food to tell us that if we eat of the tree of the knowlege of good and evil we will die.  But there was also in the garden the tree of life. 

Jesus is the bread of life, and Jesus is that living water, and Jesus says that the words that I speak are spirit (breath).  I always wondered how we can eat, drink and breathe Jesus, but since reading Ray's papers, I finally see.  It's only through the words of God.  "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Matt: 4:4  But how does eating, drinking and breathing the word make us spiritual...don't know that either, but it does.  It's called transformation.

The scriptures are full of analogies of food, water and air.  The tree of life, river of life, the true bread, the hidden manna and so on.  The senses that God gave us physically all are a type of us spiritually.  I'm re-looking at everything differentley since coming here.  God is burning out all of my old doctrines and teachings that I learned in Christianity and...... "And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new." Rev. 21:5

In Him,

Dwight

gmik

Re: Staying Alive
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 11:50:23 PM »

Good insight!!  Hadn't thought about it like that.

YellowStone

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 11:53:05 PM »

What a wonderful post Dwight.

You are so right, the transformation out of the physical into the spiritual is breathtaking. :)

What I find most beautiful, is that God allows everyone to see and share in the transformation. It is such a gift to be able to share the spiritual awaking of fellow brothers and sisters as they share their new discoveries and stories.

I agree with all that you said regarding not taking our spiritual life for granted. We must feed it, never shelve it, but live it and nurture it daily. God not only plants the seeds, but he also is the one that allows our spiritual self to grow.

Thanks for sharing Dwight,

Your brother in Christ,
Darren

iris

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 12:11:06 AM »

Dwight,

That was a great post.
It has caused me to do some deep thinking on that too.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts in terms of life and death.

Iris

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 05:37:44 AM »

Hello Dwight

Here are a few scriptures that add to the theme of your beautiful thread. They give reference to our five senses with spiritual significance. For me they point to our transformation from earthly to spiritual beings in the image of Christ.

Psalms 34 : 8 O TASTE and SEE that the Lord our God is good! Blessed, happy, fortunate, to be envied is the man who trusts and takes refuge in Him.
Psalms 119 : 103 How sweet are Your words to my TASTE, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

Rev 1 : 15 His feet glowed like burnished bright bronze as it is refined in a furnace, and His voice was like the  SOUND of many waters.

John 3 : 8 The wind blows, breathes where it wills; and though you hear its SOUND yet you neither know where it comes from nor where it is going. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.

2 Cor 2 : 15 For we are the sweet FRAGRANCE of Christ which exhales unto God, discernable alike among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.

2 Thes 3 : 4 And we have confidence in the Lord TOUCHING you, that you both do and will do the things which we suggest and which we charge you. 5. And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 05:38:33 AM by Arcturus »

skydreamers

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 03:45:49 PM »

Awesome!

Peace,
Diana

CEO

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 04:34:37 PM »

Dwight

You are a gifted writer.  My add-on verse is 2 Thess.3:10.  "...If a man will not work , he shall not eat."  How much work was it to discover the truths you just posted?  I am enjoying the feast.

askseeknock

Charlie o

LittleBear

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 09:01:39 PM »

Hi Dwight,

That was wonderful. I love how God gives us types in the natural to show us spiritual truths. I love how He reveals these to us individually in our very being so we can experience something spiritual and awesome in our daily lives.

Ursula
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.