bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: unbelievable...a HELL PLAY by our local homeschoolers!  (Read 14433 times)

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: unbelievable...a HELL PLAY by our local homeschoolers!
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2007, 01:22:28 PM »

To All who replied to my question,

Thanks so much for taking your time out in answering the question.  Most of all thank you Darrenb becuase those definitions helped pinpoint my problem.  I did not know there was a difference in the two terms and held those to be equal.  I had been wondering if I asked questions becuase about Babylon if that would be looked down upon.

Thanks.

Susan,

Hee heee.  I am laughing at the mental pic of those ladies uncomfortable when you and Daniel showed up.  Now that is funny and ironic.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

Re: unbelievable...a HELL PLAY by our local homeschoolers!
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2007, 05:27:08 PM »

To add onto what you offer Kat,

We have to caution against becoming attached to THINGS of the world. Our appreciation of the Lord should not be for the THINGS we receive. He knows we have need of THINGS and tells us not to ask for THINGS as the heathen does.

Luke 12 : 29,30 And you, do not seek by meditating and reasoning to inquire into what you are to eat and what you are to drink; nor be anxious, troubled mind, unsettled, excited, worried, and in suspense; 30 For  ALL THE PAGAN WORLD is greedily seeking these THINGS, and your Father knows that you need them.

Rom 14 : 17 After all, the kingdom of God is not a matter of getting the food and drink one likes, but instead it is righteousness, that state which makes a person acceptable to God and heart peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

It is a different matter to appreciate the Lord if He places us in the above condition of life and soul to be grateful for HIM and towards HIM.

Matt 19 : 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through an eye of a needle than for a rich man to go into the kingdome of heaven.

Mark 10 :24 ....Children, how hard it is for those who trust,place their confidence, their sense of safety in riches to enter the kingdom of God.

To be worthy of the spiritual kingdom of Christ we have to learn what Paul was and who Christ is. Paul gave us a glimpse of this concerning our material possessions. he wrote..

Phil 4 : 11 I have learned how to be content, satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or disquieted in whatever state I am. 12 I know how to be abased and live humbly in straitened circumstances, and I know also how to enjoy plenty...13 I am self sufficient in Christs's sufficiency.

I think it is in deed an enviable position to be in this spiritual  place that Paul described. I think it is a rare human being who can say the same. Burn my house and I am self sufficient. Give me a million dollars and I am the same...self sufficient.

Who is not moved by the tides of good or bad fortune? Surely he who has suffered much and who has been chosen by the Lord. As Jesus said, when He returns there will be little faith. I take that to mean very few will be detatched from their carnality when our Lord returns. Most will be indulging or rationalising their circumstances not knowing that God is in control of everything. What a day for the world when He returns. From then on it will never be the same again! 8)

Peace to you

Arcturus
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.